Home Forums Chat Forum America’s Cup 37

• This topic has 43 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by owenh.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • America’s Cup 37
  • Twodogs

Slingsby says the flight controls aren’t working well enough, but cos of design decisions taken months ago, they can’t be changed.

I agree that the recumbent cyclors just don’t look as efficient…they did seem to run out of hydraulic power in one of the round robin races (allegedly)

dantsw13

Well done INEOS! Sf2 is looking tense, especially after the traveller broke today on LRPP

sharkbait
    Free Member

So day one of the LV Cup finals was interesting!

Race 1 in max wind conditions and Ineos looked a handful and comfortably beaten – Race 2 in the same conditions and all of a sudden Ineos looks much more manageable and takes the win.

Rumour has it they have a live data feed back to Mercedes F1 in Brackley who analyse the data and then give feedback re the foils. Bonkers!

Hopefully it’s going to be a good series regardless of the winner.

owenh

I was reading they might have adjusted  where & how the hydraulic  pressure was used. More biased to sail trim rather than foil trim. Apparently (and I know nothing about sailing a foiling boat) fine control of foiling height is better controlled via loading the foils from sail pressure.

Did seem from the 2 races that the 2 teams are evenly matched, hopefully that will also be the case in the lighter winds forecast for Saturday.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.