Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Am I allowed a rule of 6 thread?
  • FuzzyWuzzy

The list of exemptions for sports is just stupid, some I understand (team sports where more than 6 participate) but angling? shooting? climbing? etc. etc. what a load of bollocks.

Doesn’t affect my cycling as I haven’t done that in years… but still a stupid exemption list.

As for other effects – I hope it’s still not in place come Christmas. My brother’s family is 6 as it is so that would rule out them visiting parents let alone me headed there to 🙁 I guess we could just say we’re going fishing somewhere…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If this rule of six is still in place come Xmas, or perhaps even stricter rules, I expect a large number of families to take inspiration from Cummings’ trip.

Wouldn’t surprise me if rule is tweaked to exclude kids in England, simply to try and head off a mass revolt.

poly
    Free Member

The list of exemptions for sports is just stupid, some I understand (team sports where more than 6 participate) but angling? shooting? climbing? etc. etc. what a load of bollocks.

That list someone posted earlier is certainly not complete – perhaps it was the latest additions. Essentially though, if the sport has a national governing body (NGB) they have been able to liaise with the DCMS (and the equivalents in the devolved administrations) to agree sport specific protocols which minimise risk. Just because you can do some of those things alone doesn’t mean its the only way to do them and that rules aren’t needed to help people understand what you can and can’t do (which may well be that you can’t do some of the larger group stuff!)

Angling – you are presumably thinking of one person on a fishing bank? but what about when they hire a rowing boat? or charter a boat to go sea angling? what about angling competitions? private fisheries or an estate and its keepers taking a group? etc.

Shooting – I don’t know much about sport shooting, but I’m pretty sure that its not usually done with one person on site at a time.

Climbing – well the bare minimum is essentially 2 people, but what about instructors running a session, or an indoor climbing wall where more than 6 people would usually be present.

DickBarton

Indoor climbing wall should have a register and all the necessary pieces so that they are organised and can have more people…I think.

FuzzyWuzzy

@poly – yes I understand in normal circumstances those sports/pastimes could well have more than 6 people participating, but these aren’t normal times. I’m saying they don’t *need* more than 6 participating in order to actually be feasible (unlike say cricket where 3-a-side isn’t really workable).

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Am I allowed a rule of 6 thread?’ is closed to new replies.