Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Am I allowed a rule of 6 thread?
  • geomickb
    Free Member

What does this mean for group MTBing? Can we use the same car park and have separate groups of 6?

What about paddling? Can 12 people use the same car park and paddle in groups of 6?

I’m lost, sorry.

Mick

submarined
    Free Member

We can only do it if there’s an exemption specifically crafted for us. So I’ll be going out with a 12 bore, just in case.

Murray

Government link

Allowed – “organised sport or exercises classes or licensed outdoor physical activity. This does not include informal sport or fitness activity with family or friends – this must be limited to a group of 6”

So if you’re organised, you’re fine. Assuming the guidance matches the ill thought out law that the Home Secretary doesn’t understand.

kelvin

If you are paying someone to organise your outdoor activity… you’re okay… if no money changes hands… you’re breaking the rules. Or something like that. Guides are allowed to take big groups out… two families can’t go out together without a guide.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I know it is ment to be simple but I am still not clear. Are sporting events not allowed now? Or is it only if you can’t social distance?

If someone arranges a ride is that a social gathering or a sport events? Or is it ok if there were 12 in groups?

I am generally a bit of a loner and social distance when I am around people but it’s some of this stuff that’s a bit unclear.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Pop sorry while I was writing my question answered

MoreCashThanDash

I’m assuming the OP is joking about not understanding it. It seems pretty obvious to me, though my life is fairly straightforward as I don’t have 5 friends

TheBrick
    Free Member

Well definitely seem like bullshit distinction! I will make sure I wear a suit so that anything I take part in is formal.

TheBrick
    Free Member

It seems pretty obvious to me

It’s only simple if you don’t look at the contradictions!

joepud
    Free Member

the fact the rich can meet in groups of 30 and shoot foxes is just further proof this virus does discriminate its us and them. I don’t even get how this got passed as an exception. I cannot stand the tories and anyone that votes for them.

joepud
    Free Member

I know it is ment to be simple but I am still not clear. Are sporting events not allowed now? Or is it only if you can’t social distance?

organised sporting events are ok for example southern enduro series. But obvs you and 10 mates cant meet for a mates race or general ride in the forest. Realistically its impossible to police

miketually
    Free Member

If a sanctioned event, somebody is identifiably in charge and therefore responsible for contact tracing and ensuring people stay suitably apart and wash hands, etc.

If it’s a bunch of mates they could all be sharing bottles and licking each others saddles.

sharkbait
    Free Member

the fact the rich can meet in groups of 30 and shoot foxes is just further proof this virus does discriminate its us and them

….. you don’t have a clue about shooting and how it’s way safer [in a Covid 19 sense] than going shopping and any form of group biking.

(just FYI a shooting group would be made up of, usually, 12 people maximum spread over an area of 200-300m)

thecaptain
    Free Member

Honestly, arranging a bike ride with more than 5 others sounds like the worst sort of hell anyway. If there are say 10 of you wanting to ride the same area, why not just arrange two meeting times?

amodicumofgnar

If you are highly specific and very limited relative to the grand scheme of things with regard to your transgressions of the rule you should be fine. Remember the bench mark for what is acceptable is the Barnard Castle exemption. Best to write down the scale and nature of the transgression in case you are called to account in the garden. If you are called to account – remember it’s five witnesses or less. Unless you are going to indulge in field sports.

Or if the answer to the question – am I trying to get round the rules is yes then no your not allowed to. Why even ask!

The better question is do you really want to want the virus to get away from us again with all the attendant impacts on day to day life. If the answer is no then think about the consequences of everyone trying to get round the rule. Just knuckle down, the less the compliance the more likely harder curbs on out behaviours are coming.

fingerbang
    Free Member

footflaps

Are sporting events not allowed now?

Yep, my wife can play Hockey with 22 players but I can’t go for a road ride with more than 5 people at the same time….

kerley
    Free Member

The better question is do you really want to want the virus to get away from us again with all the attendant impacts on day to day life

That is inevitable Nothing has been learnt from the late lockdown in UK. It is clearly starting to spread with current limitations so a change from 30 to 6 is not going to cut it.

footflaps

(just FYI a shooting group would be made up of, usually, 12 people maximum spread over an area of 200-300m)

That’s when they’re shooting, but the meet before hand, driving up to the moors with Landies full of beaters and then the lunch etc all have groups in close proximity.

joepud
    Free Member

you don’t have a clue about shooting and how it’s way safer [in a Covid 19 sense] than going shopping and any form of group biking.

You’re right I don’t have a clue about shooting im not that posh. If a group is usually made up for 12 why set it at 30?  its more than double what us normal people can do. From the outside it feels like Tarquin and Jeffrey want to shoot on the weekend so they added this loop hole.

footflaps

From the outside it feels like Tarquin and Jeffrey want to shoot on the weekend so they added this loop hole.

That’s exactly what it is, the rules only apply to non-Tory voters.

geomickb
    Free Member

No, I’m not joking.

Example 1: paddling with a club tonight, there will be more than 6 people arriving on the same car park at the same time. There will be coaches present (probably). Actual paddling will be in groups of less than 6. I think this is OK.

Example 2: informal biking with mates organised via Whatsapp usually two groups (fat and not yet fat). Most weeks less that 6 in a group. Groups meet at the same car park. Is this OK or not?

chrismac

Just go and ride, be sensible, and enjoy it. That’s my approach. Most of the ride is socially distanced so you can see the trail in front and as others have said I don’t see how the risk is any higher than playing an amateur football or hockey match where you a have no idea who half the people on the pitch even are

willjones
    Free Member

I think it comes down to accountability and track and trace, having had some exposure to all the hurdles our dinghy sailing club have had to jump through, as directed by the RYA, who have worked hard to get things going again. Shooting has been singled out, but for balance, there is a comprehensive list here, scroll down to 3.16: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do#visiting-public-places-and-taking-part-in-activities
    I’m sure you could go on a club ride, with mitigating measures in place, if your club had followed british cycling guidelines, which would have been approved by DCMS (assuming BC have been working with govt to get organised cycling going again).

martinhutch

Here’s a list of exempted sports:

Angling
    Baseball/Softball
    Basketball
    Canoeing/Kayaking
    Caving
    Climbing
    Curling
    Cricket
    Dodgeball
    Dragon Boat Racing
    Equestrian
    Floorball
    Football
    Gaelic Sports
    Goalball
    Hockey
    Ice Hockey
    Lacrosse
    Netball
    Octopush (underwater hockey)
    Polo
    Roller Sports
    Rowing
    Rugby League
    Rugby Union
    Rounders
    Sailing
    Shooting (including hunting and paintball that requires a shotgun or firearms certificate licence)
    Ultimate Frisbee
    Volleyball

Ride Penmachno, then it can also legitimately be described as kayaking.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

FYI. Me and my mates can’t play our regular weekly football match because we aren’t doing ‘organised sport’. In this instance ‘organised’ means FA affiliated league (with 3rd party insurance cover), led by coaches, having a Covid Officer and having a Covid Risk Assessment carried out. We are well organised with online attendance register (Doodle) and payments so Track and Trace works. However, the sports centre we hire the pitch off won’t have us – which I suppose is understandable. You and your mates (and mates of mates etc..) aren’t organised enough, I would say.

Drac

I use to shoot. Things must have changed dramatically as I’ve never heard of the maximum of 12. Even the small syndicate I was in had 18 then usually 1 beater per gun if not more.

Anyway it’s all organised sports not just blasting innocent animals for fun.

scotroutes

Shooting can only be considered a sport if the hunted can shoot back.

fettlin

<div id=”post-11382436″ class=”bbp-reply-header d-flex justify-content-between p-0 mb-2″>
    <div class=”d-flex justify-content-between w-100″>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”>Premier Iconsharkbait
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Free Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”d-flex align-items-center”></div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”p-0 loop-item-12 user-id-3227 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-11382373 bbp-reply-position-13 odd post-11382436 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content p-0″>

the fact the rich can meet in groups of 30 and shoot foxes is just further proof this virus does discriminate its us and them

….. you don’t have a clue about shooting and how it’s way safer [in a Covid 19 sense] than going shopping and any form of group biking.

<small class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 59 minutes ago</small></div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Been out with many shooting parties have you? They might be spread out while they are shooting but the beaters travel to the shoot cramped in the back of old landy’s and the shooting party are in the back of a modified stock trailer around here.</div>

joepud
    Free Member

FYI. Me and my mates can’t play our regular weekly football match because we aren’t doing ‘organised sport’. In this instance ‘organised’ means FA affiliated league (with 3rd party insurance cover), led by coaches, having a Covid Officer and having a Covid Risk Assessment carried out.

im in exactly the same situation, in a whatapp group with friends who all play basketball. Court wont let us play for these exact reasons. Last i heard they said we could play basketball but had to socially distant AT ALL times which obvs isnt possible when playing basketball or any sport.

MoreCashThanDash

Example 1: paddling with a club tonight, there will be more than 6 people arriving on the same car park at the same time. There will be coaches present (probably). Actual paddling will be in groups of less than 6. I think this is OK.

Example 2: informal biking with mates organised via Whatsapp usually two groups (fat and not yet fat). Most weeks less that 6 in a group. Groups meet at the same car park. Is this OK or not?

Both are ok as the activity bit is in groups of 6, and when you are in the car park you will all be keeping to your groups of 6 because that is the sensible thing to do.

Dickyboy

Would certainly make darts a much more interesting televised sport

Drac

Sounds like a dangerous game.

iainc

and remember if in Scotland, and non ‘organised sport’ then the group of 6 is only doable if it is made up of no more than 2 households.

tjagain

No mixing before or afterwards? No mixing in vehicles? social distancing at lunch and when they hit the drinks table?

its pure bullshit and everyone knows it. Its just about posh boys getting their thrills. rules only apply to the plebs

oakleymuppet
    Free Member

It’s de rigeur to call them “the poors” TJ, they don’t use “plebs” round Henley way.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blahblahtoffsblahblah

Apart from the usual whining class warrior types, no one gives a shit.

convert

Yes – the 2 households factor for sports and exercise in Scotland has scuppered my plans a bit. But so would a lung full of Covid so happy enough to play the game for the greater good.

having a Covid Officer and having a Covid Risk Assessment carried out.

It does seem to be taking a bit of getting through to people that this is what organised sport means.

Random aside – are kids football/rugby etc matches still surrounded by yummy mummies and competitive dads on the sidelines or have they knocked that on the head to keep the risks down?

scruff9252

It feels to me that there is one pertinent question around this; Will you or anyone in your close family bubble be statistically likely to be seriously affected by covid, taking into account what we now know?

Yes – shield the best you can and hope for the best

No – crack on but try to be socially responsible.

My opinion on this has significantly shifted in the last month – wife’s a teacher, heehaw safe practices implemented and the teenagers ignored any anyway. As expected I got ill and now just recovering from Covid. Got ill, never spread it to our vulnerable family members, now mostly better. I just hope this provides us with immunity for the coming winter.

willjones
    Free Member

football/rugby etc matches still surrounded by yummy mummies and competitive dads on the sidelines or have they knocked that on the head to keep the risks

Our experience has been no games with other clubs for U9 Rugby, but parents present at training (safeguarding). Cricket – had a few games, all socially distanced, and parents present but well spaced out. Both clubs and volunteers involved have bent over backwards to get things going again as safely as possible and within guidelines. The spectre of a track and trace call to the club seems to keep them focussed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Am I allowed a rule of 6 thread?’ is closed to new replies.