Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 202 total)
  • All Mountain bikes, lets see them.
  • honourablegeorge

markhw – Member

My Yeti SB-66, XT Group set ZTR Crest Wheels running tubeless and X-Fusion Slant fork, 28lb

*raises eyebrow*

RustyMac

markhw – Member

My Yeti SB-66, XT Group set ZTR Crest Wheels running tubeless and X-Fusion Slant fork, 28lb

*raises eyebrow*

Just immagine how much less it could be if there wasn’t the spare 16 miles of brake hose!!! 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

so not sure where you get sub 35 from?

iirc someone on the tv said Peatys V10c was 32ld.

There are as alway some optimistic figures on this thread, an accurate set of scales would break a few harts.

markhw
    Free Member

I will get round to tidying up the brake hose one day

gonzy
    Free Member

FROSTY – you must be a giant, cos that el guapo is huuuuuge!! 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

There are some pretty light DH rigs out there these days, but realistically how many people are going to drop £8k on a carbon V10 with Enve wheels etc?

There are some really nice bikes on this thread that have no doubt cost a fair chunk, but I’m guessing not close to the price of carbon Demo’s, V10’s etc.

ae212060
    Free Member

Yeti SB-66 by Dan.Sharpe, on Flickr

It’s a few pounds heavier than the carbon sb-66 models posted earlier in this thread, but I’ve gone for a burly build as i’m traveling NZ with bike for the next coupla years.

Weight: 31 lb
    Frame: Medium
    Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air
    Headset: Chris King
    Fork: 2013 Fox 34 Float CTD 160mm
    Stem: Easton Havoc 35 (50mm)
    Bar: Easton Havoc 35 Carbon
    Shifter: Shimano Saint I-spec
    Brakes: Shimano Saint & XT Ice-tech Rotors
    Crankset: Shimano XTR, w/ 34t Gamut Race Ring
    Chain Guide: MRP G2 SL
    Rear Der: Shimano Saint w/ Clutch
    Cassette: Shimano XT 11/34 10SPD
    Wheelset: Mavic Crossmax ST
    Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3 (Front), Maxxis Ardent 2.3 Lust (Rear) – Both Tubeless
    Seatpost: RockShox Reverb
    Saddle: Specialized Phenom Expert

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t see enough of that picture mate. Shame I’m not going to be able to have a go on it before you leave.

honourablegeorge

Like that Yeti build a lot, Dan Sharpe

nodrog2
    Free Member

Best bike I’ve owned and I’ve had quite a few. Not the lightest but it’s so much fun. No idea what it weighs but it goes up and down just fine.

ae212060
    Free Member

Thanks George. Andy: I can do you a print out for your fridge? 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Can you send me the original sized photo mate. We have an A3 printer at work so I can use that and put it on the wall in my shed next to my framed signed Steve Peat underpants.

Northwind

mindmap3 – Member

There are some pretty light DH rigs out there these days, but realistically how many people are going to drop £8k on a carbon V10 with Enve wheels etc?

My 224 in its everyday spec is sub-38lbs IIRC, there’s AM bikes out there that are heavier and it’s not an exotic build. There’s a lot of the key weights that aren’t that different- an AM bike can justifiably wear dualplies for some folks, my coil Lyriks aren’t that much lighter than my Boxxers, the wheels on the 224 used to be in the Hemlock (Flows on Pro 2s), the brakes are identical. Dual drivetrains, dropper posts.

iceman8
    Free Member

Surprised how few Blurs are up on here…

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

My 224 in its everyday spec is sub-38lbs IIRC

Does that mean you finally finished it?

Northwind

Well, finished’s probably not the right word 😉 But yah. It weighed even less for the 6 months I was building the thing.

chrismac

tomhoward – Member

Gwins session 9.9 from last year was 36lbs, and was the lightest on the circuit, so not sure where you get sub 35 from? Got pics of your old metal intense weighing 26lbs?

I wish I had. My lbs did it on some park digi scales but I didnt have a camera or my phone with me!!! D’oh. It also cost less than half the £8k current superbikes cost.

As to the weight, Santa cruz quote sub 35lb for a V10 for an off the peg customer bike without carbon rims. Add carbon rims, Ti springs, air forks, carbon bars etc. plus any other team issue stuff and its not hard to see how they could loose the extra weight.

robbonzo
    Free Member

[/quote]As to the weight, Santa cruz quote sub 35lb for a V10 for an off the peg customer bike without carbon rims. Add carbon rims, Ti springs, air forks, carbon bars etc. plus any other team issue stuff and its not hard to see how they could loose the extra weight.

Also isnt a stock Mondraker Summum under 36 lbs?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

previously described Alpine 160. Screw the patio and lawn, I dont do gardening!

and on the Top Station descent, Kerala, India (where I flat spotted the rear….)

zelak999
    Free Member

Blur LTc for me.
    Fox 36 floats, just fitted some 750mm Easton Havoc carbon bars and a MRP 2x Bashguard.
    Weighs in at 30.6lbs.
    I’m loving the look of the new Bronson C and i’m itching to try one, read nothing but good reports.
    If only i had £6k (or a credit card with a £6k limit).

Potdog
    Free Member

Here’s my stealth bomber. 2006 Enduro, DHX coil, Marz 55s, a right mix of components from around the garage. No idea what it weighs, don’t want to know it might scare me!

it works for me and withstands the daily trail abuse, so I’m a happy chappy.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Heres my beast, Orange Five 2011, Disco Black. XT/XTR Brakes, Hope Grips. SGD Saddle. Straitline Silent Guide running 32t ring and Fox Float 150 RL Kashima forks with RP23 Shock and Reverb.

31 lbs with my LBS scales.

Potdog
    Free Member

No idea why my image link isn’t working? I’m new to Flikr, but think the settings are all correct.

mrplow
    Free Member

Plastic one has not been up a “mountain” yet.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

No idea why my image link isn’t working? I’m new to Flikr, but think the settings are all correct.

Are you using HTML or BB code when copying the sharing link?

It’s BB you want.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Here’s my stealth bomber

No idea why my image link isn’t working?

I thought it was just properly stealth 🙂

lister

The only Orbea here?

Not had it long, rides well, quite light. Got it cheap. Happy days. It has a shorter stem now. Cougar tyres are quite terrible.

banks
    Free Member

There’s not enough Covert’s on this thread.

[/url] IMAG0381 by rickbanks89, on Flickr[/img]

Current form, new bright yellow decals for the forks going on tomorrow and now running the deore brakes instead of the hopes = [/url] Untitled by rickbanks89, on Flickr[/img]

Potdog
    Free Member

Ok, was using the url, so lets try with the BB code instead

20130628_145740 by lavatrax2011, on Flickr

Wookster

I do love those shaped enduros ^^^^^

tmb467
    Free Member

My Enduro….

Enduro

colournoise

Mine’s in boxes in the dining room awaiting delivery of wheels and Cotic getting new stock of frames in.

Small Rocket
    X-Fusion Slant 160s
    Flow EX on Tesla hubs
    Purgatory/The Captain
    XT brakes (203/180)
    X9 cranks
    X9 type 2 rear mech (X0 shifter)
    1×10 (34t/11-36)
    LS1 chain device
    Superstar Ultra Mag pedals
    Funn Funnduro stem
    Nukeproof Warhead 760mm 20mm rise bars
    ODI Ruffian MX grips
    Reverb
    Charge Knife

Spreadsheet says 29lb based on Sicklines/Weight Weenies weights where possible, so I reckon anything under 31lb real world is good once I get it built.

Current bike is also probably ‘AM’ but without the both ends bounce.

XS BFe
    Marzocchi 44 @ 150mm
    Flows on Superstar Switch EVO
    Purgatory/The Captain
    XT brakes (203/180)
    Race face Ride cranks
    Superstar Nano pedals
    X9 rear mech (ancient X9 gripshift)
    1×9 (34t/11-34)
    Superstar Plasma chain device
    Ragley Stubbings stem
    Nukeproof Warhead 760mm flat bars
    ODI Ruffian grips
    Reverb
    Charge Spoon

Real world weight is pretty much dead on 29lb on (as far as I’m concerned) pretty accurate scales.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wookster – Member
    I do love those shaped enduros ^^^^^

Me too. I still think they look great. I’ve just retired my SX Trail…

My only real issue was the slack seat tube; it made the bike feel like it want to wheelie up steeper climbers unless you adopted a super low, elbows out climbing position. Other than that, I great bike that I really enjoyed riding.

sidders34
    Free Member

My Stumpy FSR

image by sidders34, on Flickr

Ewan
    Free Member

Replaced this (Mk 1 Nomad):

IMG_4293_lowres.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

With this:

IMG_1696.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Basically because I wanted a yellow bike. To be honest the Mega climbs better and desends just as well which makes me question the price difference! I’ll probably build the Nomad back up again at some point.

And one more of unpolished AM bike…. this time dangling under a helicopter 8)

IMG_2753.jpg by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Wozza
    Free Member

Raw Tracer VP, Marz 66 Sl1 ATA, 9 speed XT, Reverb, Pro2 on XM719, 2.5 XR4s. It’s not light but it’s not mad heavy. Rides lighter than it is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just finished

Crag
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

This is my Zesty. Coil Lyriks, Push’d Van R out back. Most of the time its got 2.35 Minions on Flows, gravity dropper and now 1*10 with Zee and Silentguide. Travel wound down to about 145mm front and it’ll go all day, albeit a bit lardy.

For uplift and alps holidays, stick on the 2.5 tyres and burly wheels, offset shock bushings to slacken it off a touch and wind the forks out to 160mm and its a pretty awesome bike.

Weight wise, I’d guess at 33-34lb in normal guise, 36-37lb when done up for have a go downhill.

takisawa2

Is that the new Heli-Lift at Cannock…

passtherizla
    Free Member

[/url]
    Untitled by passtherizla, on Flickr[/img]

my contribution…
    Cotic Rocket
    36 160’s
    pro 2 evo/flows
    reverb
    1×10 32/11-34 9 speed

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 202 total)

The topic ‘All Mountain bikes, lets see them.’ is closed to new replies.