Viewing 36 posts - 201 through 236 (of 236 total)
  • Admin: Malicious Advert
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Just got the toolbar thingy.

bencooper
    Free Member

Definitely seems connected to that blue advert – the advert has changed slightly, now lots of buttons instead of text links.

NormalMan

I’m getting toolbar thing.
    It stopped for a few pages when I logged on 5 mins ago but it’s back!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have had it on and off on iOS for a while, today it’s made the site unusable on mobile devices (currently logged on here via desktop Mac)

maycontainnuts

Yep, off and on for me today too. Toolbar now only seems to appear on the forum main menu screen, rather than each thread page.

kayak23

Android phone, logged out for some reason, got this pop up

peteimpreza

Been redirected to some poxy game in the App Store three times in the last 24 hours.

IPad2 and Safari, fully updated iOS 7

Come on STW sort it out!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Been redirected to some poxy game in the App Store three times in the last 24 hours.

IPad2 and Safari, fully updated iOS 7

Come on STW sort it out!!

Yeah, I got that last night.

The offender:

…incidentally, I think the game is free.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Somethings slowing it down on my PC, 15mb/s internet, fast-ish, clean-ish PC, everything’s fine apart form this site, annoying as it’s usually open in the background, then suddenly slows it to a crawl.

batfink
    Free Member

I have given-up looking at STW on my phone… it just opens up “clash of clans” (or some such nonsense) in the app store.

scotroutes

Even when you are logged on? Have you selected the “Fewer Ads” option in your Premier Membership settings?

jam-bo

Not had it for ages but just got bumped to the William hill bookies app.

jam-bo

And again. Almost tempted to put a bet on when it happens next…

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep – I’m getting William hill too

Jamie
    Free Member

Still getting redirects to the App Store for this shitty game:

As previous poster mentioned, probably time to call it a day browsing STW via iOS devices.

CountZero

I must say, I haven’t had a re-direct for maybe a couple of weeks, and I only use my iPad for Web stuff. I was getting re-directs in other places as well, but it does seem to have stopped for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

I must say, I haven’t had a re-direct for maybe a couple of weeks, and I only use my iPad for Web stuff. I was getting re-directs in other places as well, but it does seem to have stopped for me.

You’re being protected by you Premier membership, CZ. As I guess you have the minimal ads option checked?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lots of re-directs this morning from multiple threads. All to AppStore to download William Hill app. 😐

EDIT: from iOS on phone. Forum ads are on.

BikePawl
    Free Member

Four redirects in the last twenty minutes all to William Hill app in the app store.
    iOS 7 on 4c, adverts on.

sc-xc

Just happened 5 or 6 times in last few minutes for me. All to William Hill app.

mrhoppy

Yep, constant William Hill redirects, iOS 7 on a 4s.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Whenever i get redirected to the play store for an app…. i rate it the lowest possible score and leave a scathing review. They’re paying for the ads, their placement is their problem.

sc-xc

I just tried to leave a review, it wouldn’t let me cos I don’t own the app.

Still happening every single time I come to the forum.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Multiple re-directs this morning, this time to the Game of War app reference above. C’mon coders, sort it out. 😡

EDIT: I guess it was this add on the right:

wwaswas

I do wonder how many casual visitors to the site are not staying due to this problem and what impact on revenue that’s happening?

It’s obviously an industry wide issue but there has to be a technical solution to stopping redirects on mobile browsers (which seem to be the target) that could be adopted by the ad-servers themselves.

I installed a pop-up blocker on my phone which seems to work but it’s not an ideal solution – this needs sorting at an application level.

Mark

DD,
    Are you in Germany?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Still happening. Malware alert, browser memory alert and redirects to an “app”

deepreddave
    Free Member

Firefox user so not so bad other than the odd flash problem. Not complaining as understand the need to monetise the site but there’s a balance to be struck as with all things.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD,
    Are you in Germany?

🙂

Sorry, only just seen this. I was staying at a hotel in London run by mkhotels.de and using their wifi – it’s a German company – and I assume that’s why all (apart from the Game of Wars one) the ads on the site were German based.

In general the site’s been pretty bad over the weekend. Mostly re-directs to the William Hill app.

CountZero

You’re being protected by you Premier membership, CZ. As I guess you have the minimal ads option checked?

Oh, so I am! I’d forgotten all about that, I thought it was a short-term thingy.
    That would probably account (!) for it then.
    Having said that, it did happen when using other web sites, but that hasn’t happened recently either.

wwaswas

I got it on mtbr.com yesterday.

Dai
    Free Member

Redirect to Monster Legends Mobile game this morning along with numerous to William Hill in the past few weeks 🙁

teethgrinder

This now.

CountZero

I got Monster Legends a day or so ago, much less frequent than it used to be, certainly, but I still get them, and not always STW, as I said before.
    Almost as bad as PPI phone calls…

MrsToast
    Free Member

Just had the AppStore auto-open for Candy Blast Mania on my iPad. 🙁

brassneck

I’d been getting some improbably configured Anime girls as an advert for a game.. seems to have calmed down again now!

Viewing 36 posts - 201 through 236 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Admin: Malicious Advert’ is closed to new replies.