Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)
  • Admin: Malicious Advert
  • Edukator
    Free Member

The AVG warning is for a “fake flash exploit”.

konabunny
    Free Member

Cheers atlaz – makes sense!

Freester

I just got a pop up – something about an Android speedup. While I was reading a post on the chat forum. It had a cancel button so I risked it. First time I’ve seen this don’t get it on my other regular websites. Nexus 4 with KitKat.

crikey
    Free Member

Galaxy S4 mini, on mobile data, just got the speed up your phone one…

mugsys_m8

I am plagued by love links.us and ads.yahoo.com. Am in France. On android tablet and android mobile. Some of the pop ups are far from suitable especially considering my son watches over my shoulder when on this forum.

It has been going on for over 3 months now with no apparent improvement.

atlaz
    Free Member

Given for a logged in premium user there’s 3 sets of tracking/ad codes and when you’re logged out there’s 33, I guess the investigation will be a bit of a bitch.

wwaswas

It does seem to be down tot he people serving the ads to have robust processes in place.

They seem to just let people post up stuff with no real controls in place about what’s embedded in them.

Very difficult for stw to police because, as you say, the sheer volume of sources and ads is too much to manage.

teethgrinder

Seems legit

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’ve had that one on my phone and my tablet today.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’m still getting them on my phone (Galaxy S3). I also get pop-up blocked alerts on my Nexus 7, I can only assume it’s the same thing.

rentachimp
    Free Member

I get them on both my Galaxy Tab 8, and my Galaxy Note 2. I also get them on artofmanliness.com

petrieboy

Its only a matter of time before singletrackworld.com gets added to the malicious content list on websense etc.

scotroutes

Except that the ads aren’t coming from singletrackworld.com. If you read the thread you’ll see that they are popping up all over the place.

petrieboy

Singletrackworld IS serving the ad’s which ARE serving up malicious content. I’m not seeing anyone stating they are getting these elsewhere (but I’m sure other websites will be effected)
    The only responsible thing to do would be to switch off all ads until the offending service can be identified but as this has been going on for some time and Admin have not given an update, it doesn’t look like that’s happening.

scotroutes

search for “lovelinks.us popup”

atlaz
    Free Member

It is a fair point. If STW is the vehicle for malicious ads that people are seeing the easiest thing to do would be to stop mobile adverts for the moment

Cougar

Just rummaging on my tablet.

If you go into Chrome, Settings, Content Settings, there’s a tick box there which says “Block pop-ups.” Mine was already ticked, and I’ve never seen these malicious adverts.

There’s also an “Enable JavaScript” tick box. Mine’s also enabled, but I’d expect that disabling it will kill the malicious adverts stone dead (at the expense of potential loss of functionality on other web pages which use JS legitimately).

miketually
    Free Member

If you go into Chrome, Settings, Content Settings, there’s a tick box there which says “Block pop-ups.” Mine was already ticked, and I’ve never seen these malicious adverts.

For anyone like me, peering myopically at their settings, “Content settings…” is a button, in the privacy section of the Chrome settings. It’s a really obvious button, but for some reason I kept scrolling past it.

Mine is ticked too, so I suspect it’s ticked by default.

franksinatra

f you go into Chrome, Settings, Content Settings, there’s a tick box there which says “Block pop-ups.” Mine was already ticked, and I’ve never seen these malicious adverts.

In my settings the following is ticked ‘Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)’

Still got a Citroen survey pop up earlier

teethgrinder

Starting to take the piss now. Had 6 various ones today, now this one.

pk13

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ? that’s my favorite one up there

psychle
    Free Member

I’ve been having issues with this as well, to the point that I simply could not visit the website on my phone… I have managed to do it though, here’s what I did:

1) If you’re using Chrome on your mobile, then go into settings, then Content settings and make sure ‘block pop-ups from all sites’ is checked. But, you also then need to go into ‘website settings’ (it’s in the same section), then scroll through to find the STW URL, click on this and then make sure that pop-ups aren’t allowed in there (they were on my phone, despite being disallowed in the global settings)

2) I also installed 360 Security on my phone, which has its own pop-up blocker amongst other things, it looks to be a useful app to have on your phone anyway.

So, those steps have worked for me, no more pop-ups and trouble free browsing of the site, huzzah. Hopefully this helps someone else in their frustration!

teethgrinder

Now this shit.

teethgrinder

And it did it again after I posted that ^

Think I might be time to root the phone and install something.

teethgrinder

Really. **** Off with that **** **** of a quashqai ad.

brokensoul
    Free Member

I got the “Web browser too slow” one earlier, on Nexus Chrome with pop ups blocked.
    It’s only on this site, but I can’t complain as I haven’t got Premier. 🙁

kimbers

Teeth grinder I was getting that last night was making stw almost unusable seems to have gone this morning 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

follow-up to previous post; to confirm I do not get these on my phone, laptop or tablet when using my home wifi, but had it constantly when using hotel wifi a week or so ago (no change in device settings).

kimbers

Uh oh just got the quasqaui add again ! Seems to dissapear after I logged in ?

Edit : nope its back !

kimbers

Still getting it

Actually popped up while I sv typing this

Stw is almost unusable on my phone !

sharkbait
    Free Member

I never use Sarafi on our iPad. Mercury browser is way better in many many ways.

DrJ

I never use Sarafi on our iPad.

Coast is a nice browser for iPad, but the tight integration that Safari has with other parts of the Apple “ecosystem” makes it hard to do without.

khani
    Free Member

I’m getting this now, a toolbar type thing across the bottom of the screen,

When you press the X to get rid it goes away and then comes back when you go to another page..
    🙁
    Edit, I’ve cleared cookies and data it seems to have stopped..
    Edit 2, I’ve not had the ugly Nissan pile of crap yet though..

torsoinalake
    Free Member

The toolbar is also appearing on Android (using Chrome):

bencooper
    Free Member

Toolbar is connected to a blue sidebar advert full of spammy text ads.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve gone into the advanced Safari settings and cleared the STW website and advert data and re logged in and it seems to have stopped it..
    [fingers crossed]

Mark

The blue spammy thing is about to be destroyed!

nickjb
    Free Member

Getting the menu bar at the bottom, too.

Mark

Made some changes… Not sure if it will have worked until I get no more reports from you guys so please report the awful menu bar thingy if you get it

renton
    Free Member

I’ve just had it on my android phone!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Admin: Malicious Advert’ is closed to new replies.