Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone running maxxis tyres on their car?
  • bear-uk
    Free Member

I am in need of some tyres and was wondering if the maxxis ones are OK or just ditch finders.

bearnecessities

Weirdly, this was done only recently.

Maxxis car tyres

bear-uk
    Free Member

Cheers

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Bearly believable…

garage-dweller

I have had them once by choice and swore never again. Noisy and lacking in grip.

One was put on current car to get it through MoT before I bought it by the dealer. He only did the one that was below minimum even though I’d offered when i bought it to pay for a pair of something decent on the basis if he did them I’d pay at pickup.

Within a week of collecting it something else was on there. That’s how much I was disappointed by the last pair I had.

If he’d done a pair I might have got a few thousand miles out of them first but no way I’d run them down to anywhere like the 3mm or so I’d do with a set of good tyres.

lunge

Isn’t the old rule that Maxxis make great MTB tyre and crap car tyres, whereas Conti make crap MTB tyres and great car tyres?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Decision made not to bother. Might just stick with the Pirreli P7’s that are on it now and keep the car a tad longer.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Nope.

Northwind

Not gonna lie, I want to put a set on and colour in the logos with a yellow paint pen

fossy

I was happy with my Maxxis Victrex tyres until 3 of the 4 tyres failed MOT when the tyres were around 4 years old. Loads of tread, sidewalls cracked on inside. Never had that happen before on any tyre that was bad enough for a fail, certainly not 4 year old tyres.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running maxxis tyres on their car?’ is closed to new replies.