Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh man, that was sweet….what the hell were the NUFC players on? Makes you wonder why they were so poor this season, the fans must feel cheated.

Always remember to take the end of season games with a pinch of salt (though I’m still to see MOTD – at least my folks would have had a decent afternoon out)

Out of 9 pts we shouldn’t have got (Man C, Liverpool and Spurs) we got 5, should have had 7. Should have taken AV apart, should should should….

The reaction is mixed, for some it’s the right thing, other just gutted. Clinging on and Bernitez not getting full control would lead to the same problems. Failing and keeping him chance, some crap has been on the cheap and the same controls in place = disaster.

Last week the Spaniard, who took over in March, said he had “positive” discussions with club chiefs.

“My heart is telling me yes, it is a great opportunity, city and club,” the former Real Madrid boss told BBC Sport.

“But my brain is saying to analyse what is going on.”
    Least subtle – there are things I’ve asked for and they are stalling probably the usual control over all things football

PrinceJohn

Binners, reckon you’ll get shorter odds on your plan than Leicester winning the whole thing

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Apparently the suspicious package was a trophy, must have looked right out of place at OT these days….

😆

scandal42
    Free Member

Spurs 😆

I didn’t realise that Mr Kane and his lions were actually stalking 3rd place.

And that Arsenal selfie taken just after they had beaten us, just delicious stuff.

Has North London been running ‘castration in the community’ workshops?

binners

One down, eighteen to go! 🙂

Why am I even watching this rubbish? 😥

Junkyard
    Free Member

LOyalty just like me

Still we scored in the first half though 😉

binners

Let’s take the positives eh JY!’ 😀

Rashford is having a great game though! Bodes well for Saturday

Junkyard
    Free Member

still time 😉

Palace are shit and we should murder them but who knows with LvG at the helm anything can happen we might defend against them 🙄

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just for those who didn’t know:

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good luck to Liverpool tonight

binners

Got one of my Scouse mates coming roand to watch the match, so I’m sat here in the Sevilla replica shirt I ordered especially for the ocassion 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only binners would waste that kind of money to display his obsessional hatred. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clyne, Lovren, Toure, Moreno across the back. There’s a defence to inspire confidence. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sevilla replica shirt I ordered especially for the ocassion

You could get more use out of it by wearing it when campaigning for Remain

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Got one of my Scouse mates coming roand to watch the match, so I’m sat here in the Sevilla replica shirt I ordered especially for the ocassion

Likewise, but I am far too tight to buy a top, so have just filled the fruit bowl with oranges.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I remember thinking when there was the bruhaha over ticket allocations that Liverpool fans would end up getting loads of them one way or another and end up mixed in with Sevilla fans. Bloody last thing that’s needed tonight is crowd trouble. Christ knows what’ll happen once the game starts if they’re already at it. 😐

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hope they win

However its mainly because i am training tomorrow and the parade will pass by work and block the road so it ends at 2:30 if they win and 4:30 if they lose.

I bet I have stood in the Kop more times than the plastic scousers on here – Man U was always to hard to get tickets but you could always get in at Liverpool…again True dat and YNWA is a proper hair on the back of the neck moment

IMHO, even with all the foreigners involved, you should still support UK based team as long as its not Celtic* – Just for DD that one as the first game I ever saw was at Ibrox – again true story.

* Edinburgh defence

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really couldn’t care less about Celtic to be honest JY. If i had to support a scottish team, it would be Hibs (because they have Sunshine Over Leith) or Partick. The whole Old Firm thing doesn’t do much for me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OMG are they showing the pre-game show on UK TV, its a shocker !

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good its just racist/sectarian bollocks masquerading as a football game

binners

Well the ref clearly thinks it’s a non-contact sport.

I predict a lot of Spanish diving

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, there’s the first penalty shout. Looked like handball to me – that’d be through red tinged glasses of course.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Missed it…that would be the Wenger glasses 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

Not wrong about the diving!

It’s all a bit hectic atm…will probably be a better second half when it’s calmed down a bit.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Ooh I say wot s goal!

cheers_drive

Nice

binners

Blinding finish, that!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was thinking “nah, not with his left” 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

shanked it 😉
    great finish that

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quality toe poke 😉

Goal from nothing really, stunning

mikey3
    Free Member

Oops sturridge

binners

They appear to think it’s a volleyball match

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Passing stats telling the story of the half – Sevilla playing a long ball game.

Liverpool’s problem has been not burying sides when they have them on the ropes like this – hopefully not tonight – they should be two or three up.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed binners thats 3 in 45 mins

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seville are lucky to only ne 1-0 down tbh

senorj

2nd half predictions- red card from millionaire ref. & Liverpool need another goal to win it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I predict a dive from any Seville player that comes near Lovren. He really shouldn’t have got a yellow card that early in the game.

Liverpool need to keep pressing – Seville can’t handle it and are resorting to route one. Cline has acres down the right. Just keep giving him the ball.

mikey3
    Free Member

Joe allen to score the winner when he comes on(no really).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Probably have to agree with Webb on the penalty. Still not convinced the Seville player wasn’t playing that with his arm, but overall, not convincing enough to give a penalty in a cup final I suppose.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Spot on DD. There is an obvious weakness to exploit on the one side.

Can’t believe that Mini THM (a L’pool fan) just phoned up in mild panic about exam tomorrow seems to have forgotten the TV. Either that or a bloody good bluff!!!

Interesting to have Webb there true. Penalty in my mind, but just shows, what do I know!?!

C’mon Liverpool – big 2H now

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.