• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Kryton57

Yeah. That was crap.

IdleJon

Picky? He didn’t get the ball across the line, and not a single camera angle showed any evidence that he did. The tmo made the wrong decision. Again.

wrecker
    Free Member

If I was an England fan, I would be shitting myself after that performance

If I were a welsh fan, I’d be shitting myself about the fiji game.

Picky? He didn’t get the ball across the line

It was very, very clearly on the line. Try.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Mrs Torso will be pleased you’re not then ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let alone that the ball was lost forward at least once if not twice in the build up.

Anyway, well done England, came good in the last ten to secure the bonus point. Having seen that performance, the group is going to be even more interesting than I thought. Gatling will be licking his lips I reckon.

wrecker
    Free Member

Mrs Torso will be pleased you’re not then ?

She would have been last week 😆

Gatling will be licking his lips I reckon.

I very much doubt that. Fiji will eat them.
    Can’t wait for the canada game tomorrow.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Picky? He didn’t get the ball across the line, and not a single camera angle showed any evidence that he did. The tmo made the wrong decision. Again.

Doesn’t need to, touching the line is good for a try

molgrips
    Free Member

Who’s your second team them? USA in this house 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone playing Scotland.

EDIT: not really – Georgia is my second team.

teenrat

RSA first then Wales

wrecker
    Free Member

Samoa for me. Keen on the canadians too.

nealglover
    Free Member

You didn’t watch the replay from the pitch side angle then ?

DanW
    Free Member

What about Fiji means they will “eat Wales”? England played absolutel sh1t and gave away a record amount of turnovers (maybe 🙂 ), had an anonymous pack, Fiji missed 11 points, etc etc. if Fiji will “eat” Wales then England must be world beaters to get a win under those circumstances

wrecker
    Free Member

What makes you think that wales will play any better? Injuries to key players. Losses to england home and away consecutively. I understand that you’re confident, I don;t think you should be. Fiji are a very good team.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Going back to an earlier post, is May allowed to leap in the air at a tackler like he did?

wrecker
    Free Member

He didn’t. He vaulted a tackle and had a crack at the line. Nothing wrong with it.

DanW
    Free Member

No

namastebuzz
    Free Member

England were turned over repeatedly at the breakdown. Still, fortunately the other teams in the group don’t have any good 7s…

Some poor scrummaging early on too.

If Fiji had kicked their goals the game would have been a lot tighter.

At least Burgess saved us in the end. No matter that he got stepped easily when defending – other sides won’t have noticed so it’s ok.

BTW can anyone explain to me why Barritt isn’t totally shite?

DanW
    Free Member

Barritt is rushed back from injury, non?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At least Burgess saved us in the end. No matter that he got stepped easily when defending – other sides won’t have noticed so it’s ok.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Barritt is rushed back from injury, non?

What – so he can trundle round the pitch in his yellow boots, throwing forward passes and getting angry about giving away mindless penalties and doing nothing to resemble an international centre.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just spotted the cup and 2003 logo on the England shirt. Tacky.

Did you not watch any of the 2007 and 2011 tournaments? Previous winners have had them since then. Not sure about 2003 and earlier, but it’s neither new or just England.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fiji are a very good team.

No disrespect to them, but with their naivety in the second half, and with their scrum slowly falling apart, potential world beaters like England shouldn’t have been needing a dodgy try when the clock went red to get their bonus point.

They’ll be no pushover for Wales, but if Wales dare to move the ball, they could hammer them. England shouldn’t have been turned over that many times by such an inexperienced side.

Anyway…it’ll be a cracking group – honestly no idea how it’ll shape up by the end. 😀 In a way, it’s a pity every group couldn’t have the same knife edge.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thought Barritt was poor too.

wrecker
    Free Member

If the welsh play warrenball against this lot, they’ll find themselves in a spot of bother, especially without the excellent JD2 to add a bit of sparkle. George won’t get any change from Nadolo and roberts will just get dumped time after time. Fiji’s defence was excellent and they obviously know who to target. It won’t be a big score.

jambalaya
    Free Member

A good win and a potential banana skin avoided, I fancy Figi will give both Wales and Australia a good game and a fright. We where good enough to win comfortably with players being rested from 50 minutes, enough for coaches to work on and keep side grounded.

I see the trolls and heaters are in tonight, nothing unusual there.

As per @CFH this much TMO is going to make for a very long tournament

adamhicks
    Free Member

“Can the idiot commentator please stop calling him NANDOLO. It’s Nadolo you numpty.”

In Fijians “d” is pronounced “nd”, so for example Nadi is pronounced Nandi etc

dantsw13

I’ll take the bonus point win and no injuries any day of the week. No trophies given out in the first week of a tournament, but you can lose it.

Banana skin avoided, now the big stuff starts. Are there losing BP in RWC2015?

wrecker
    Free Member

Cole needs to be dropped for Brookes, Youngs for Care and I’m not even sure about Ford now. Launch was good.
    Hate to say it, but Burgess played well too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Nadolo didn’t look all that quick to me, just brutal.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Banana skin avoided, now the big stuff starts. Are there losing BP in RWC2015?

1 pt for losing by less than 7, something like that. And presumably the point for 4 tries even if you you lose.

IdleJon

If the welsh play warrenball against this lot,

….they’ll win the game comfortably, without a dodgy bonus point and having to rely on a crooked ref, like the English.

Btw, talking about dodgy tries – and England had two – why was Wood not carded for his neck roll, which is just as serious as the pathetic tip tackle which earned the Fijian 12 minutes off the pitch. (12 minutes! Almost like the officials want England to win. 😆 )

wrecker
    Free Member

….they’ll win the game comfortably, without a dodgy bonus point and having to rely on a crooked ref, like the English.

I very much doubt that. And they say the english are arrogant?
    The fijian didn’t get carded for the tip tackle on may.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Collapsing the maul to stop a certain try wasn’t it?

BruceWee

It was for offside. Didn’t think you could be offside once you’re over the try line but there you go.

IdleJon

Apols. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tbf, I don’t think the ref was crooked – but he missed a lot. And the point that no trophies are awarded at the beginning of a tournament made up there ^^ is very true. England have a bonus point and didn’t lose anybody to injury. But as ever, the debate rages on about who should be in the starting 15. The three games between England, Australia and Wales seem even more mouthwatering for a neutral (loike me 😀 ) now.

IdleJon

Actually, apologies, it was for pulling the maul down but having just watched it again, he didn’t. But he was only off for 11 minutes. 🙂

No, I don’t really think the ref was crooked 😆 , just a bit crap. England didn’t deserve a bonus point, and that will make a difference in a few weeks. Home advantage.

wrecker
    Free Member

the debate rages on about who should be in the starting 15.

Ansolutely, and it’d lancasters fault. England will be lucky to get past the quarters (I think we’ll make the quarters).
    Someone suggested earlier that Cole is a busted flush, and I agree. He’s surviving on reputation. Brookes has been shining in the prem for a long while now. I have no idea at all why Ben Youngs starts and Care doesn’t even make the bench. It’s bad enough that Cipriane was sent home, and now it looks like Slade (whilst retained) won’t even get a crack. JJ only made the squad through an opportunity through injury to the incumbent.
    Lancaster is far too conservative.

On that, why isn’t Cave in the ireland squad for the game? He looked excellent last I saw of him.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

d squad for the game? He looked excellent last I saw of him.

Joe quoted in Irish press as saying he knows what Cave can do and he will play against Romania

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.