• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shouldn’t laugh, but…..

Sam Burgess’s move back to South Sydney Rabbitohs has stalled as it will take the club over the NRL’s salary cap.
    …..
    The deal was confirmed earlier this month but the Rabbitohs have been told they must release players in order to register Burgess, who helped them win the NRL title in 2014.

The club are yet to comment.

(My italics).

So, in essence, someone else is going to have to make way for him. Again.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yes he is but how does that qualify him to appoint a coach?

ON the evidence of the last four years it doesn’t.
    He has a team around him to help with the decision. Remember, it was a very popular appointment at the time, with near unanimous approval.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

RE: Burgess & that salary cap, it didn’t stop his last club did it? 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys put it to the piemen

Exeter are a solid team, been down there a few times, apart from them trying to charge £6.50 for a pasty it’s always been fun.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Finally caught up on the Wasps v Toulon game, worth 15 mins to watch these highlights I’d say. Wasps made and took their chances well. Toulon have had a mixed start generally but had a good win away at Clermont today. Having their game against Bath pushed back has probably helped them.

[video]https://youtu.be/AcdQbCg78JI[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Piece in the Telegrapgh today where reades have selected their choice for the next England captain – something like

3. Brown
    2. Hartley 😯 😯
    1. Launchberry

Launchberry looks to have a bright future but doesn’t seem to be a leader. In my view it should be Brown or possibly Ford

Pigface
    Free Member

Brown 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spikey Mikey is hanging up his boots.

I’m sure Ireland supporters will wish him well….!

Kryton57

Despite his record, Hartley has a long period of experience as Captain, and Saints don’t do too bad…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Kyrton having been at the Heineken final where he called Barnes a cheat and then seeing he has binned his chance of being on the Lions tour I wouldn’t want to see that rewarded with the captaincy. Hes a bit old too (?) doesn’t feel like the future.

Pigface, Brown is the least worst choice, plus I think he’ll bring a certain calmness to our decision making 🙂 I am struggling to see other candidates who are likely to be guaranteed starters.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes he looks like a calming influence 😆

tinybits
    Free Member

The nasty kiwi biter is also getting good pundit reviews. Buggered if I can work out why – he should be nowhere near an England shirt!
    I suspect Launchberry may get it and if not, I’m going for Ed Slater.
    Not Brown, he’ll loose his spot to Watson and he’s not good enough on the wing to get another spot. Sub would be my place for Mr Angry.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland supporters

Strange turn of phrase that.

anagallis_arvensis

Spikey Mikey is hanging up his boots.

Not quite just retired from internationals. Looking for a last pay day I expect. Quality player who will be much missed. With Davies and Webb his international career was pretty much over unless a big run of injuries took out those 2 and Lloyd Williams. Apparently he sent Williams a text when he was left out of the world cup congratulating him and saying “well done you have retired a legend!”

jambalaya
    Free Member

well done you have retired a legend!”

Priceless, even if it turns out not to be true 🙂

Anyone know why England are playing Wales on 29th May 2016, seems rather bizarre timing for a fixture ?

peteimpreza

Its a warm up game for England’s summer tour .

wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone know why England are playing Wales on 29th May 2016, seems rather bizarre timing for a fixture ?

A couple of days after the AP and pro12 finals? What do you mean bizarre? 😉
    It’s a money spinner, which is why they haven’t called it a saxons vs wales A game.

anagallis_arvensis

I doubt the welsh will be taking part in any finals even the crappy pro12 one!

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s likely that the saracens and either exeter or wasps players won’t be available.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks, got a mailing about the match £82 a ticket so money spinner is clearly what they are hoping for ! Crazy. Can’t say I’d pay more than £30 for a summer friendly, I can watch Dan Carter for £10 in competitve Top 14 game.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Amused to hear that E Jones doesnt have a visa. Omens for ERU organisation??

IdleJon

Turned on the Pro 12 game last night and managed to utter the previously unheard of words, “Ooh, Blues v Connacht. This could be good.” 🙂

I’ve been enjoying watching Connacht this season but who knew that there were so many South Sea Islanders living in the west of Ireland? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chapeau Dusautoir. This season has looked a struggle but a fabulous player and leader. A slice of luck or a referring decision from lifting the RWC

Pigface
    Free Member

Did Munster send the under 11’s to Rodney Parade? Great win by the Dregs 😆

Ospreys win in Italy, will take any win we can.

Yes Dusautoir a brilliant player, seemed to be able to keep it together when all around him in French rugby were going mad.

IdleJon

Pigface – Member

Did Munster send the under 11’s to Rodney Parade? Great win by the Dregs

It was an interesting game, if not a classic. Dregs played to a limited game-plan and then realised that Munster just weren’t very good so opened up a little. Then realised that they themselves weren’t very good so went back to plan. 🙂

Another game with some interesting ref contributions including the game being stopped deep in first half injury time because of safety concerns to a Dregs player. Problem was that at that point the Dregs were attacking a metre out from the Munster line, had control of the ball, looked certain to score and the Dregs player in question was just lying awkwardly. The ref got booed off the pitch for the interval.

tinybits
    Free Member

Very pleased to see the Leicester re-signings today. Almost all out good players get approaches from the stupid money brigade, just surprised that Worcestet were included in the Manu hunt. No surprise that nobody else was linked with Burns though!

anagallis_arvensis

Not Toby to Bath

tinybits
    Free Member

Looks that way, dragons not happy.
    I see another Gatland law exception coming on…

andylaightscat
    Free Member

he’s out of contract at end of season so can’t do anything about it

tinybits
    Free Member

I meant the “you have to play in in Wales to be selected”
    Unless you’re an established international
    Or could be good
    Or once went to wales on holiday
    Or just want to move for more money

Actually, what the hell is the rule now?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Daft rule. Welsh club/province rugby needs to get its act together as otherwise players are asked to give up too much to stay. Bath is just over the Bridge so Faletau can make any training/get togethers

Kryton57

I suspect it’s more a player release issue, asking and English club to allow a valuable player to be released to train and play against the English national side – I’d like to think Bath would be fair about that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Understood but there are agreed dates and England have to prepare too

mefty
    Free Member

Well Jamie Roberts got to play in a Varsity Match but only until half time and Cambridge went on to lose.

ekul
    Free Member

It was a pretty boring game but Roberts was taking 3 or 4 players with him every time, injured the Oxford captain with his first run. I watched the whole thing in the hope my mate would get on the pitch for Oxford but although he was warming up at about the 70minute mark he was never brought on. Guess I should have just watched the 3 games he played for Cambridge in previous years ha.

Also won his first marathon at the start of the year. After two weeks training. And by first I mean it was his first ever marathon, and he won it.

Not jealous me, no way!

bigblackshed

Kryton57 – Member
    I suspect it’s more a player release issue, asking and English club to allow a valuable player to be released to train and play against the English national side – I’d like to think Bath would be fair about that.

It depends on the players contract. North has a clause in his that allows him to come and go as and when he feels like it if Wales call. Others have had more restrictive contracts. But the the RPA have muddied the waters with “allowing their members” to respond to international call ups, as long as its for England. And the RPA gets a backhander.

anagallis_arvensis

Gatlands only counts for players in Wales when it was made so Francis, North, Roberts, 1/2p dont count. Priestland and Faletau will count but Gatland can make exceptions. I doubt Priestland will play for Wales again though.

Daft rule. Welsh club/province rugby needs to get its act together as otherwise players are asked to give up too much to stay.

They are regions you ignorant pillock and the rule is no more daft than the one England havecre France based players. At least Wales have won the odd cup in the last 10 years or so.

tinybits
    Free Member

What’s daft is that Gatland keeps asking about exceptions. Completely reasonable for any Union to want its best players, playing in their country. You can’t stop them moving away, but you can make it less appealing

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ulster – Toulouse. 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ulster – Toulouse.

DAFUQ? Just looked at the score! What the hell happened there? Did Toulouse just not bother to turn up or something?

Viewing 40 posts - 4,041 through 4,080 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.