Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • 2014 Orange Alpine, one word….
  • Northwind

I see what you were trying to do. And I see that it did not work. And trust me, all my bikes are ugly, I know of what I speak 😆

Blower
    Free Member

i have a vision,and thAT vision and old skool purple turns heads and the bitches cream emseleves i kid you not pal 😀 😉

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Yep, toss-up between the deep purple and apple green for my fave colours.

Blower
    Free Member

think apple green is one of their best colours

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Blower…when you gonna post a vid of the new machine in action? 😀

justatheory
    Free Member

think apple green is one of their best colours

Hear hear

Northwind

I don’t really get why anyone buys one that isn’t black, purple, orange, yellow, or pink tbh. Why are all the PR shots either Safe Option Silver or John Major Grey this year? Good colours if you’re buying a Mondeo.

roverpig

An Orange should be orange, otherwise it’s a lemon 🙂

mojo5pro
    Free Member

those fluro colours were truly gopping though!!

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d like one, but with coils both ends, burly wheels and super chunky tyres as a mini DH bike. I reckon Orange are missing a trick here, the patriot doesn’t quite do it (steeper, higher BB), the 322 does it a little bit too much.

Northwind

Neon yellow. Usually I’m quite up for the idea that things are personal taste and that there’s no one “best option” but that stops applying where there’s a neon yellow option.

Blower
    Free Member

Blower…when you gonna post a vid of the new machine in action?

funny you should say that as filming takes place this aft 😉 8)

soundtrack recomendations are welcome..

maybe doing madchester theme

mojo5pro
    Free Member

..ah bit of ‘fools gold’ then?

look forward to the vid 😀

BigJohn

Ton’s on the iDiet. He’s not allowed fruit of any colour. Especially Orange.

Blower
    Free Member

hmm dunno man need the right track n thats the hardest

roverpig

Neon yellow. Usually I’m quite up for the idea that things are personal taste and that there’s no one “best option” but that stops applying where there’s a neon yellow option.

That’s just crazy talk. It’s got to be orange I tell you. They even offer two different shades of orange, for those that don’t have the nerve for neon. That tells you all you need to know 🙂

shaggmiester
    Free Member

shaggmiester
    Free Member

My alpine, anyone know how I get the image up? I clicked on url but doesn’t come up as a pic! 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

Edit; nope.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Untitled by shaggymiest, on Flickr

BoardinBob

Someone at Orange might want to have a word with decathlon

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-fr6-freeride-mountain-bike-blue-id_8181926.html

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I’ll be honest. I’ve started to miss my old Alpine 160, looking back I think I was most confident on it.

2014 version I’ve really not liked, not a fan of the straight top tube at all. Hated it on the PAtriot too.

However! RDL-82… that actually looks stunning!

RDL-82
    Free Member

However! RDL-82… that actually looks stunning

I wish it was mine, that’s shaggmiester’s. Just sorted the pic for him.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ah ok.

Shaggmiester – Did you say that size frame is a 16″?

I’m 5’10”, think I could get away with the 16 too?

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Thanks rdl-82, how did you do it?
    Cheers Gsuperstar, it is a 16″ frame, I’m 5ft 9″ and it feels perfect for me, the top tube is noticeably longer than before but it feels right and well planted at speed, I reckon you’d be best test riding both sizes.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

The 2010 Alpine I had was 16 but I had to have a layback thomson seat post which I hated. I’m hoping with the longer top tube I could get away with a 16 and normal post. Guess I’ll have to find a demo day somewhere.

yunki
    Free Member
    chunkypaul
    Free Member

Someone at Orange might want to have a word with decathlon

why? – for selling a blue Santa Cruz Heckler?

RDL-82
    Free Member

Thanks rdl-82, how did you do it?

When on the picture you should see 5 white icons at the bottom, one of which is a white square with an arrow coming out, click that, select ‘grab the html/bbcode’ option select ‘bbcode’. copy all the text in the box then paste it directly as is into the comments box here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

loving the 1 word answers 🙂

shaggmiester
    Free Member

Cheers RDL-82, I will try that next time.
    Mikewsmith, you must have miss read, the word is from me, and that word is….WOW! 😀

Blower
    Free Member

**** me that Decathlon aint half a steal for cheapness for a young un to start on eh?

dropouts look same haha

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ordered 🙂

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Gsuperstar……What size have you gone for?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Through recommendation from Bike Treks and Orange I’ve purchased the Medium (17″)

By the looks of it this should be the perfect size 🙂

mojo5pro
    Free Member

I’m 5`9” and not sure whether to get 16″ or 17”. I imagine not that easy to demo both sizes.

niceandy
    Free Member

Good news GSuperstar!

Are there any discounts available? I notice on the main suppliers websites that Orange are usually exempt from the usual sales, but has anyone had any joy?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

mojo – my inside leg is 32 and I’m just shy 5″10. I currently ride an Intense Tracer2 in medium at the top tube etc is pretty much exactly the same on the Alpine.

I’d check your current bike to see if the sizing is close also?

niceandy – No discounts anywhere but understandably as it’s a new frame and Orange still being a UK Company. My brother gets discounts through certain stores but none can offer Oranges ion the same scheme.

I did however go through Bike Treks and they’ve been super helpful in all questions so I can’t recommend them enough.

spectabilis
    Free Member
    GSuperstar
    Free Member

I did see that site I forgot, I wanted the invisiframe kit that bike treks offer.
    Good deal for someone however.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘2014 Orange Alpine, one word….’ is closed to new replies.