Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • TT snot rocket question
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite bunged up at the moment and can’t really fire them out when in the TT position without sitting up to free a hand. Tried just blowing without covering a nostril, messy and not that effective. So what’s the answer? Those funny breathing strips? A smear of vicks on the skinsuit? Swallow it? More time practicing in the TT position?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Double barreled under the arm whilst still on the tri bars. Check for potholes first though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wot he said ….. dont care where it goes – long as im aero 😀

scaredypants

wait until you’re being overtaken (or overtaking) before doing anything

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

dont care where it goes – long as im aero

Yep, me too. Quite often finish with snot and saliva on the side of my face through miss timed clearing. 😀

lemonysam
    Free Member

Vicks and dribble. Treat the web of mucus as a badge of honour.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks all. Tried the double barrel approach the other day and just got in such a dribbly mess that I had to sit up and have a proper clear out! On road rides at the moment I could probably re-trace my ride by following the trail of snot. Shall give the vicks a try.

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont think you ought to be TT riding if your that bunged up , TT riding on the rivet takes a lot out of you , your doing your self no favours ….

easy road riding i can buy but group rides and TTs should be put on the back burners – doing you no favours.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good advice there, got one on Wednesday so shall see how much my nose resembles a running tap beforehand.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Mr Blobby, What course is it on Wednesday? Might come along as I can’t do our Tuesday race. Do I need to let the club know or can I just turn up?

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s H10/1 on Wednesday. In the middle of a new bike build, so if the parts turn up early next week I’ll be there! You don’t need to let them know, just turn up. If there’s lots of entries then newbury rc get preference but there shouldn’t be any shortage of daylight.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

OK thanks. I know a few of our riders do them I think I’ll give it a go.

ahwiles
    Free Member

if you’re full of snot, but don’t have a cold, drink less milk.

(it won’t kill you to try, and it might work)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had a cold, it’s all coming out now! Not too much snottiness on the turbo earlier so may be almost done.

Edit: and can’t possibly go without milk in my morning porridge and pancakes!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Speaking of the h10/1, Nick English broke the course record there on Tuesday, he did 19.43. Madness.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mightily impressive on that course.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘TT snot rocket question’ is closed to new replies.