Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Biarritz are struggling it seems, only one win from nine games so far and rooted to the bottom of the domestic table. In their shoes I’d not be fielding a full strength team for a second rate comp either.

DezB
    Free Member

if you’re not watching Ulster v Leicester, well, you should be!

anagallis_arvensis

Why are they both losing?

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, both losing 13-13. Damn good match,

BlindMelon
    Free Member

SUFTUM!!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well played Ulster. That tigers bonus point could be useful

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ will be a happy man.

Scarlett’s winning 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Scablets beat hairyqueens. Didnt see it due to child guarding duties. How did Priestland go? Big call for wales between him and Biggar. Was it a Williams scoring three or three williams scoring one?

Scamper
    Free Member

Left it late but mr may does scorch across the turf.

Scamper
    Free Member

Some nice try’s by Scarlett’s.

anagallis_arvensis

Watching the Bath game and wondering whats the point of the video ref if the ref asks a question watches the big screen and doesnt wait for the video ref to say anything?

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad day in Ospreylia

anagallis_arvensis

Not that sad when you consider that the star signing for this season was Trebaldi!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 very true, they have been punching above their weight so far.

anagallis_arvensis

Nalaga cited, not sure what to make of it really.

anagallis_arvensis

some great stuff here… is Jordan the new Shane?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-r4zY-roY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

and to finish off Scarlets scrumming with a man down 😯

anagallis_arvensis

The citing complaint against the ASM Clermont Auvergne wing, Naipolioni Nalaga (No 11), arising from the Heineken Cup Round 1 match against Racing Metro 92 on Sunday, 13 October 2013, was upheld at an independent Disciplinary Hearing in Dublin, Thursday, 17 October.
    However, it was also decided that the offence did not warrant any further sanction and therefore, Nalaga is free to play in Sunday’s Heineken Cup Pool 4 game against Harlequins at Stade-Marcel Michelin.

naughty but not naughty enough!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looks pretty naughty to me.

wrecker
    Free Member

I reckon he knew what he was doing, you don’t break stride like that naturally. Got away with it though.
    Got any clips of the Sampson incident a_a? I’ve read that he’s being cited for stamping Danny Care.

anagallis_arvensis

but its not his fault the guy throws his head at his legs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but its not his fault the guy throws his head at his legs

Whether the guy was throwing his head at his legs or not, he still breaks stride and raises his knee. It looks deliberate but who knows whether it was and what his intention was when he looks at the tackler, break stride and raises his knee. I’m only saying how it looks.

wrecker
    Free Member

The tackler did have his head on the wrong side, but I cannot imagine what else the runner would be trying to acheive by raising his leg if not to knee the tackler in the head. Nevermind, he’s free to play and that’s all that matters I suppose.

anagallis_arvensis

Got any clips of the Sampson incident a_a? I’ve read that he’s being cited for stamping Danny Care.

not been able to find any, according to my welsh compatriots it look accidental and the yellow was harsh…. so it was pretty bad I reckon!!

Devoto has been cited too, for a head butt as well as a Begles player for punching Louw

Pigface
    Free Member

he still breaks stride and raises his knee

Campese wouldnt of had a career if that is a citing offence.

Samson apparently got the ball, I was listening to Brian Moore huffing and puffing about it then saying something along the lines of another angle shows him getting the ball before stamping on Dannys head 😉 he then went quiet on the subject.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sneaky bastard not sneaky enough.

so it was pretty bad I reckon!!

😀
    Harlequins coach said it was disgusting and should have been a red. The Scarlets coach said it was a harsh yellow!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Campese wouldnt of had a career if that is a citing offence.

Was citing even around when Campese was?

anagallis_arvensis

Devoto’s headbut was a very sneaky one too, it reminded me of that big dual code Kiwi lock when he nutted someone in the tackle a few years ago.

anagallis_arvensis

actually it wasn’t the kiwi it was that big Saffa who’s now at Toulon, he nutted the kiwi 9

Pigface
    Free Member

No I dont think it was you hunk of burning Irish love 😆

Winger looks a bit like Nigel Walkers attempts to tackle that usually led to a brief spell of unconsciousness and a head ache.

The concussion discussion thing is interesting, a classic example is George Smith in the last Lions test, how was he ever allowed to go back on?

anagallis_arvensis

these two
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQOAneOJ7w[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

2 weeks for Samson Lee so it couldnt have been that bad.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Piece in the Grauniad today on Welsh Regions, I hope they can get it sorted out you’d think with the quality they had they would have two sides challenging for the European Cup. Sounds even more political than English Rugby and that’s saying something. For the avoidance of doubt I’d love to see a the Welsh challenging for European Cup.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/17/the-breakdown-wales-regions-limbo

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

NZ have form.

Assault with intent, part one
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqpVdu3KK0[/video]

And then, a moment to shame a nation. A moment to shame a sport. Disgusting.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXJyDHFKn0[/video]

What annoys me most here is that incidents like this sour what is a superb rugby team, a nation that loves the sport. See also Andy Haden and more. They’re such a good team, they don’t need to be dirty cheating sons of bachelors, but yet they are.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear…I clicked on the second video. I’d forgotten quite how bad it was. 😡

Umaga – a cheat and a coward.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sorry, DD! I hadn’t seen it for a while either, and felt the same. Vile incident.

He even went on to say that it was it was one of those unfortunate things that happen in rugby.

No, Tana, it was common assault. Nasty, violent assault. Definitely NOT just one of those things.

anagallis_arvensis

welsh regions have no money end of story, Ospreys have a good pack but are coached by the work experience kid, same with Scarlets but they have good backs, Cardiff are shit and have a shit coach and the dregs are the Dregs

Pigface
    Free Member

Flip side of Umaga when he checked that Colin Charvis hadn’t swallowed his tongue and put him in recovery position after getting sparked by Jerry Collins.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Very tru, Piggy, very true. Not sure it’s enough, though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I liked that Umaga was man enough to show up for the test match in Dublin later that year. When he knew his cards were marked. Oh wait. He didn’t. Pussied out. 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

Remember how we’ll backed he was by the NZ public?

If following the Lions it would be Australia, SA any day.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.