Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Samson Lee incident.
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-union/8974782/villain-of-the-week-lee

I don’t know if it was intentional, but it was certainly careless and stupid. He plead not guilty, so 2 weeks ban.

anagallis_arvensis

_

________________________________________””We seem to do pretty well in the Rabo but we can’t do it in this competition. Every year I go to the launch and say: ‘This year we’re going to make a fist of it.’ I’ve done it for the last four years and made myself look a right ****. The sadistic side of me says that sometimes it’s better to lose than be the shower of shite we were [last weekend] and capitulate. I’m using strong words for a reason. We’re a lot better than we showed at the weekend.””

AWJ is not a happy bunny

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201…les?CMP=twt_gu

anagallis_arvensis

Careless rather than anything. Ref should have pinged Care for hanging on. Two weeks rest seems fair. You can see from the reactions all round that it wasnt done with intent, he went for and got the ball. Seen worse go unpunished.

wrecker
    Free Member

Pretty fair summary a_a.

dandax1990
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFV6G0QKF3E[/video]

Anyone remember this? Used to play against Sam, Big lad now!

anagallis_arvensis

No arms pen bla k

jambalaya
    Free Member

First NZ test at Twickenham post that Lions tour the Haka was booed from start to finish as was Umaga every time he touched the ball. In my view NZ have always got off lightly with foul play, one my earliest rugby memories was the state of JPR’s face after being deliberately shoed.

Europe: read today that Toulon owner is not supporting the new European Rugby cup as he’s miffed at the French authorities insisting 50% of top 14 sides should be French (product of French youth system)

wrecker
    Free Member

Europe: read today that Toulon owner is not supporting the new European Rugby cup as he’s miffed at the French authorities insisting 50% of top 14 sides should be French (product of French youth system)

He’s huffing and puffing (and has form for this. Oddly, he has been one of ERCs biggest critics and a ringleader with regards to the RCC. The main point which he has not referred to is that the player quotas apply to the top14. Is he going to quit that?

anagallis_arvensis

Bit better from the Blues today!!!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hard to imagine them getting worse but that’s a big win. Just watching Ulster doing a job on Montpellier

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice win for Munster over Gloucester in Limerick. Tight first half, but Munster stretched away from them to leave Gloucester going home after yet another Thomond Park loss.

O’Mahoney was immense for Munster tonight.

wrecker
    Free Member

Bristol were away at aberavon. Bizarrely, a 5ft deep hole appeared in the pitch causing the game to be abandoned.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wondered why my neighbours were back early. 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

A certain Quade Cooper played for Wallabies, supposedly did quite well. Looks like well see in here in the Autumn. Perhaps I’m tempting fate but he’s the sort of player I like to see on the other side, more errors than “flashy moments of brilliance

Pigface
    Free Member

Ok lets hope this stuffing isn’t to embarrassing 😕

Pigface
    Free Member

I knew that was going to happen but listening on the radio how cock eyed is that useless twunt Robertson, if he isn’t bellowing rubbish he is talking utter bobbins, flat out loathe the cock.

anagallis_arvensis

Robertson is a complete arse…best ignored.

Apparently this is legal

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEvmfzNwAg[/video]
    for comparison the irb’s own video of dangerous ruck entry

anagallis_arvensis

Not forward!

anagallis_arvensis

unsure how this can be considered legal either

doof_doof
    Free Member

And then, a moment to shame a nation. A moment to shame a sport. Disgusting.

There have been considerably more vile acts in professional rugby than that tackle, from biting and eye gouging to pulling gentlemans bits. It a rough sport. Naughty players do naughty do naughty things (repeat offenders), and players with otherwise clean records sometimes have brain farts.
    Time to get over it.

IdleJon

a_a, I can’t see what’s specifically not legal in that clip?

I originally thought you were linking to the penalty awarded to N’hampton because an Osprey cleared Hartley out of a ruck from the side. The problem was that Hartley was the first player there after the tackle and flopped over onto his elbows, ie not supporting his weight. As the ref trotted up to the penalty lineout he caught up with Hartley and told him that if he killed the ball that way again he’d penalise him. Wtf? Why not penalise him the first time he did it and NOT penalise the player who tries to sort his poor reffing?

I say it year after year but the reffing standards are getting so poor that I’m finding the game difficult to watch.

Pigface
    Free Member

Good call Wrecker, all the best to Reesey.

wrecker
    Free Member

Oh my. I likes this.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWCuODjCXCE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/24632135

Heineken Cup is dead, long live the Champions Cup.. (or so it seems)

tinybits
    Free Member

Hmmm, I think the advantages comes down to ‘better than going bankrupt within 6 months’…..

Glad they’re in though, Irish teams to follow within 48hrs i bet

duckman

M-D; that was always coming; it will also allow the Welsh to reduce their funding to two regions with money based on who qualifies. Other than the issue of letting the English clubs dictate to the rest of Britain(including the RFU) to ensure they get exactly what they want. I am not too fussed as we will be in and the SRU is wealthy enough to throw enough money at embra to ensure they improve.The italian clubs will be stuffed as will Connacht. 😥 Not really growing the game,is it?
    One question,as it is qualification based,does that mean that Sale and Newcastle will no longer get into the Amlin? Second bottom and winning the second division kind of show the whole qualification argument of EPL into focus.

BruceWee

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

You really are a poor excuse for a Celtic nation.

Glad they’re in though, Irish teams to follow within 48hrs i bet

You do realise that the Irish teams don’t have anything to do with it?

Pigface
    Free Member

I think the shafting of the Heineken buy the english and French teams is a real backward step. It seems to me it isn’t about the game anymore it is just about money. How ever they paint it the bottom line is more money for them.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Does depend on where Sale and Falcons finish up – right at this moment it could be Glos who miss out for example.

IdleJon

Pigface – Member

I think the shafting of the Heineken buy the english and French teams is a real backward step. It seems to me it isn’t about the game anymore it is just about money. How ever they paint it the bottom line is more money for them.

Last season was the first where I’ve noticed such a massive disparity in finances. The fact that the final was between two clubs who could just buy their way into the tournament by picking up the best players in the world as and when necessary felt depressing to me.

Funnily enough we’ve hit exactly the problem that killing off the traditional Welsh clubs 10 years ago was meant to stop. So not only did the WRU disenfranchise huge numbers of actual rugby spectators, they now seem intent on killing everything below the national side.

anagallis_arvensis

DD… I thought that link was going to be about Spikey Mikey… He’s been a silly boy recently.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s been a silly boy recently rather too often.

FTFY

jambalaya
    Free Member

@pigface, it’s ridiculous that clubs who are just cannon fodder in the group games get same amount of money to those ultimately challenging for the championship.

Pigface
    Free Member

Why? So the money bags get more and the smaller clubs get less and all you will get is the same 4 or 5 teams winning year after year. Aren’t you bored with that?

Whats Spikey Mikey done now?

duckman

Why? So the money bags get more and the smaller clubs get less and all you will get is the same 4 or 5 teams winning year after year. Aren’t you bored with that?

Bit like the English and French championships then.

I am watching the EPL powerplay over Europe with interest, there are what; 4 clubs driving it? Watch the hangers on,ie anybody who can’t break the salary cap, get dropped in another 5 years. And you will be left with
    Midlands divine Tigers
    Southern cherry coloured Native American Warrior Chiefs
    London multicoloured Middle Eastern Warriors
    Northern Flying Sharks*

*These names could change but are not any dafter than Edinburgh Gunners or Neath Swansea Ospreys.
    Do the EPL not realise that the guys owning the French clubs are far wealthier than their owners and spend it as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.