Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Who needs Dan Carter!

mikey3
    Free Member

aus-nz turning into a cracking game.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

wish I’d got to the pub now (in NZ this week) but it’s pissing it down and knackered.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anagallis_arvensis

Genia showing his class again as is Conrad Smith who is easily the best centre in the world at the moment.

kiwijohn

’twas a great game.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just got the new BT Vision box set up, now watching the World Club Rugby Sevens and chuckling at Saints getting stuffed by San Francisco!
    Its going to be a good winter 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

just back from Bath v Bristol warm up. Bath look reasonable, Bristol look a long way short of a premiership team. 69-5 is a bit of a drubbing!

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Duckman……your Aussie prediction might need a bit of a review after today’s result 😉 Good to see Richie back on deck and in fine fettle post sabbatical.

duckman

kiwifiz – Member
    Duckman……your Aussie prediction might need a bit of a review after today’s result Good to see Richie back on deck and in fine fettle post sabbatical.

😳

Wife and kids just gone out… Both games on the HD,Trade Wind in the fridge and a big tub of M-I-L’s dog breath chilli bubbling away nicely…my badly behaved fourth years are in trouble tomorrow periods 1 and 2.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Gloucester getting properly humped by New York of all teams in the 7’s!

anagallis_arvensis

I note Henson isnt in Bath squad for the match with the Dregs. Whats the betting he wont play a match for them?

http://www.espn.co.uk/wales/rugby/story/194707.html

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m sure he will at some point. B*** currently have a very very strong side though. I think they’ll do well this season.

anagallis_arvensis

Are the pack strong enough though? I still think they’ll struggle v the likes of Saffacens and Tigers.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think so. Webber, Wilson, Attwood, Faosilva, Fearns, Garvey; they have some quality. Could do with a better 8, I read on their forum that they were hoping to get Faletau before he re-signed.

anagallis_arvensis

Paul James plays for them too doesnt he?

wrecker
    Free Member

He does it appears. I thought he left!
    I’d also forgotten Francois Louw…
    I also think their back line is pretty petrifying!

Pigface
    Free Member

🙁 this is so sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23699697

Brave courageous man

Frankers
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Glad to see the ban, Cockerill and Leicester need to understand you cannot behave like that. All rather bizarre as it was a comfortable win for Leicester so what to get so wound up

He got wound up as Lawes was going out of his way to take Toby Flood off the pitch which he succeeded in doing. He was arguing with officials as thought Lawes should have received yellow/red late challenge.

As a Leicester fan though I also think it was bad behaviour on his part though the ban is to long for offence

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Just read the Joost artitcle, probably the best 9 i have seen play. Very sad to hear how poorly he is these days. 🙁

tinybits
    Free Member

I think Bath will do well, there pack looked quite sharp, with decent pace and power. It’ll be interesting to see them against the Welsh teams though.

So sad about Jaco, the picture if him with his lad is heart wrenching.

anagallis_arvensis

Joost was a great scrum half, he was better than Howley which is as high level of praise as you’ll get from me!

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for posting that Pigface.

Pigface
    Free Member

AA be still your beating heart 😀

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/2375833

“There was a lot of drink involved, that’s my excuse. Bad things seem to happen when I go out so maybe I shouldn’t go out.

Well duh 😆

duckman

the bigger they are…

MND is a disgusting horrific disease that is currently killing a mate’s wife. How do you cope with something that takes you apart like that, especially as somebody who has played sport at the level he has.

anagallis_arvensis

“There was a lot of drink involved, that’s my excuse. Bad things seem to happen when I go out so maybe I shouldn’t go out.

or dont drink. For a guy who is a hugely intelligent rugby player he really is as thick as shit. Hope to see him play though. I loves watching him play.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@frankers I was at the match and I thought Lawes played well and did not hit Flood late, perfectly legit.

I read the piece on Joost, desperate stuff and supremely brave responce.

tinybits
    Free Member

Laws hit was fine, it was just the type you want from your lunatic tackler. Flood went off smacking his head on his team mates knee.

However, the intent was clearly there, I think that Cockers was objecting to that more. What’s going on now, is the utter lack of logic applied to the sentencing (other than thou must miss 2 HC games).

Looking forward to the first sweaty DoR this season, must all be treated the same and I’m sure that the rfu will do just this….

anagallis_arvensis

Someone should tell Keith Wood to change the record and stop bleating

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/23771030

Pigface
    Free Member

Meh he is entitled to his opinion, his opinion is wrong though 😉

Cockerill is an arse dont understand how any Leicester fans can condone his little tantrum.

wrecker
    Free Member

Meh he is entitled to his opinion, his opinion is wrong though

To be fair to him, it seems that he was asked a question and he stuck to his guns. Right or wrong, nowt wrong with being honest.

anagallis_arvensis

When you’ve been pretty much emphatically proved wrong sticking to your guns seem a bit hard headed to me

Pigface
    Free Member

a bit hard headed to me

That is a trait I thought you would admire AA 😉

Yep got to admire him for sticking to his guns even as the ship slides beneath the surface 😆 I like Woody and he was a great player.

wrecker
    Free Member

a bit hard headed to me

He was a Hooker!!! 😀

ads678

Cockerill is an arse dont understand how any Leicester fans can condone his little tantrum.

Most don’t. He deserved a ban but it’s just a bit inconsistent that’s all. But that’s the RFU all over.

tinybits
    Free Member

ads678 – Member
    Most don’t. He deserved a ban but it’s just a bit inconsistent that’s all. But that’s the RFU all over.

This, Cockers deserved it fully. No place in the game at all for that. Now I just want the same thing done to all other coaches / players.

surfer
    Free Member

He looked very sharp to me on Saturday in the friendly against Leeds Carnegie!

Mark Cueto

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What do you reckon Surfer? are we going down this season?

DanW
    Free Member

Henson is apparently looking to move on from Bath… maybe he should just join Newport after all and go back to enjoying nights out in Cardiff instead 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

Really? I’m sure if he moves again, he’s not getting another shot with a decent club. The blokes a liability!

DanW
    Free Member

It was on the local news online although it seems to have since been removed.. maybe Gav saw your post Tiny and decided he might be better off trying to make friends in Bath 😀

Having said that, Henson also gave an interview in the last few days saying he would happily fight Fearns in a charity boxing match where he thinks he can earn back some respect. A brave comment given the pre-season charity boxing matches have just finished at Bath 😉 We all support you Gavin! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.