• This topic has 42 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by jmmtb.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • 10 year old boy and the talk
  • Cougar

Clearly you are not a parent – any child should have the trust of their parent to discuss any matter and this is the first big one that needs to be discussed in an open and honest way. After all, a teacher will never understand the complex mental and emotional needs of an individual child like their parents do.

“Should.”

If I was a parent then I’d hope that this would be a non-issue and my kids could talk to me about anything. As a random example, I’d rather know they were smoking / drinking than have them feel they had to hide it from me. A kid’s sexual hang-ups are inherited from older folk.

olly2097
    Free Member

I’ve got this to come but with my 7 year old (and 4 year old) we just give honest answers. They ask how kids are made all the time. Then forget. Then ask again.
    I never had any talk or what not.
    I remember asking my dad what a prostitute was aged 10/11; “a lady of the night son” that kind of crap answer.

On the flipside my ultra conservative Christian brother in law believes a child should never see it’s parents naked and shouldn’t learn about sex ed until a teen.
    That must awkward getting his little kids dressed after swimming etc.

jmmtb

Buy him the Haynes workshop manual on Sex (seriously, it’s a real thing). We got it for our kids when they got to that sort of age. Excellent book, covers everything.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘10 year old boy and the talk’ is closed to new replies.