What are the best mountain bike grips? Wil’s tested a bunch over the years, and here he’s put together five of his current favourite lock-on grips. Over to Wil!
Having invented the concept some 25-years ago, ODI has long been the king of the lock-on, with the iconic Ruffian being the jewel in its crown. The Ruffian still exists (and continues to be copied by every other grip brand out there), but it’s the Elite series that has taken that has taken the design to the next stage of development.
The Elite range comes in three options; the Motion (thinnest), the Flow (medium), and the Pro (thickest).
All three versions use a single locking clamp design, along with tapered outer flanges that encapsulate a durable hard plastic end cap. ODI builds the Elite grips in the US with its proprietary ‘Soft Pro’ rubber compound. The base diameter is actually the same for all three Elite models, with the key difference being the addition 3D tread patterns that increase the effective diameter.
ODI Elite Flow Grip Specs
- Diameter: 30.2-31mm
- Total length: 130mm
- Grip area length: 123mm
- Single locking clamp w/3mm hex screw
- Confirmed weight: 100g
- Colour options: Green, Blue, Black, Graphite, Red, Orange
- RRP: £26.99 / $49.95
On The Trail
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just £1.99
|Product:||Elite Flow Grips|
|From:||Ison-Distribution (UK) / Lusty Industries (AUD)|
|Price:||£26.99 / $49.95 AUD|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 9 months|