What are the best mountain bike grips? Wil’s tested a bunch over the years, and here he’s put together five of his favourite lock-on grips. Over to Wil!
The DMR DeathGrips will be well known to our UK readers, having amassed something of a cult following over the past few years.
As Brendog’s signature love handle, the DMR DeathGrips feature a clever combination of otherwise simple tread patterns to create a single, unique profile – something that’s becoming more difficult amongst the sea of grip options these days.
Thanks to the original’s popularity, there’s now a healthy array of options in the DeathGrip range, with both flanged and flange-less profiles, thick or thin diameters, and soft or firm compounds. There’s also a super-soft ‘Race Edition’ for those who want the tackiest rubber going.
DMR DeathGrip Non-Flange Grip Specs
- Diameter: 29.6-30.5mm
- Total length: 134mm
- Grip area length: 123mm
- Single locking clamp w/3mm hex screw
- Confirmed weight: 92g
- Colours: Black, Blue, Camo, Yellow, Red, Tango, Snow Camo, Pink & Grey
- RRP: £17
On The Trail
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just £1.99
|Product:||DeathGrip Non-Flange Thin Soft Lock-On Grips|
|Price:||£17 / $34.95 AUD|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 9 months|