Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Your most prized possesion – past or present?
  • monksie
    Free Member

Bored at work and I’m just pondering the greatness of my Rab down jacket.I got to wondering if it is my most favourite’ist thing ever?
    I suppose I could say something twee like my wife’s wedding ring is the best thing I’ve ever bought or something but in all honesty, it’s a tie between my Rab coat and my long since deceased Orange Sub 5.
    Would anybody else care to join in?
    Might be fun- could be a disaster.

docrobster
    Free Member

My shed and its contents? 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

A pair of my (late) dad’s cufflinks. They’re silver mini-records with a double note symbol in the middle, well cool (to me) as well as sentimental.

Shandy
    Free Member

A proper leather Mitre Size 5 rugby ball my Grandad gave me for my tenth birthday.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Meridian 101/105 Amplifier.
    Orange P7

Would be hard pushed to choose between them.

iDave
    Free Member

a wolf’s ankle bone

MrNutt
    Free Member

I keep it in the bedroom, In the suitcase on the left.

martymac

my 1992 marin eldridge grade.
    best bike ive ever had/ridden, it could manage just about anything.
    sadly rusted through on the downtube after a respray in ’97 due to being stolen/recovered.
    been replaced with an orange p7, great, but not as good for me.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

My Dog, never fails to make me smile, not too sure if you could class her as a possession though.

Or my Dads guitar, will one day get round to learning how to play it, and do it justice

grievoustim
    Free Member

my taylor acoustic guitar

bought it with money I inherited from my grandmother. it sounds really nice

Unlike a bike it will only get better with age

tops5
    Free Member

I would say my ageing Turner and my record collection

joolsburger
    Free Member

A Clearaudio Champion Limited record player. I truly love it.

A really good photo I took of the wife and kids, the only decent one I have ever taken.

BoardinBob

A Burton Day Hiker backpack. Bought for £35 from a snowboard shop in Croydon back in 1998 and still going strong today. It’s been on top of some of the highest mountains and on beaches all over the world. It’s been thrown about, covered in mud, carried way more than it was designed too, and it’s never let me down. It’s currently nestled next to my legs under the desk waiting for the commute home.

D4declivity
    Free Member

1958 Landrover Series II SWB Soft Top. Got tempted into swapping it for a BSA B31 worth a lot more. I’ve had a Series III and a IIa since but they’re not the same 🙁

DT78
    Free Member

My gold medal from the 2001 world cdk tkd championships, GB tracksuit a close second

earl_brutus

close tie between my 83 fender stratocaster and my 93 land rover defender

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Surely it changes with time.

Here’s my “history” of fav things

A Teddy bear
    A match box toy car, it was a green Capri.
    A blue space Lego man

Jump a few years

A Miami Dolphins Jacket

Jump a year or more

A Santa Cruz, Jason Jesse Skate board

Jump a few more

My first Snowboard
    NOT my second or third Snowboard… they were rubbish
    The third one was excellent as was the fourth
    Not sure of about the fifth one… but I do love my original Burton Cartel Bindings that are on it.

Last half a dozen years… various bikes. Which have got progressively better and have resulted in a Rocky Mountain Carbon Vertex (man it’s quick)

Now, today, if the wife left she could have it ALL apart from… the bike, my guitar and the blue space Lego man

iDave
    Free Member

world cdk tkd championships

which is what??

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’ve got a dw custom snare drum (911 commemeration paint) that I bought with some money my dad left me. Hardly ever been used, which is a shame. Maybe my omega seamaster, which I bought with some of the compensation money after a BIG rta in 1999. Or the Stephen King (signed) first edition my wife bought me for my birthday. Difficult to choose, really, but to be honest, it’s just ‘stuff’ at the end of the day,and pales into insignificance when measured against family and friends, etc.

s
    Free Member

Elvis in a box under my bed 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The pillow that Mitch used to use when he lived in my shed during the summer.
    The knickers I’ve stolen of my ex girlfriends.
    My hair.

hels
    Free Member

Thats a tough one. If my house caught fire (and after I had grabbed the cat) I think I would grab my first dad’s watch that he got for his 21st that belonged to his dad, and he gave to me before he died. Then I would go for my charm bracelet I was given at birth with a charm added every year by my godmother until 18. Then if I wasn’t overcome by fumes, my NZ passport and then my phone. Then my wallet. I have put a coat on first obviously.

P.S I was wondering about the cdk tkd champs. I could only come up with rude and insulting possibilities.

jools182
    Free Member

a pair of Hi Tec runaway when I was about 13

or this

BoardinBob

Actually I’ll be a big wuss and change mine and say my wedding ring

cranberry
    Free Member

“Gertrude”

emsz
    Free Member

Couple of bits of cheap jewellery that have sentimental value only and my guitar I suppose. I don have many possessions.

finbar
    Free Member

Nothing really. I had a pair of Birkenstock sandals for about ten years and like Boardinbob’s rucksack they’d been all over the world with me.

Anyway i decided i was too attached (and they were pretty worn out) so i threw them in the Indian Ocean. Didn’t look back. I did get someone to document the occasion though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

My ding-a-ling, a present from my grandmother 😉

yamyamblade
    Free Member

My Adidas Ian Brown Superstars Ltd Edition
    Never worn and never will be, Yes Sad I know but there you go…

gravitysucks
    Free Member

The two pictures I have that my Dad took, had mounted and framed. Includes the negatives in the mount and carries his signature. Truly the only thins I have of my Dad other than a handful of pictures of him.
    If everything else I possessed burnt down with the house I couldn’t say i’d be to arsed….. unless the insurance didn’t pay out!!

woody2000

I had a tatty blue elephant called “Dog” from birth until I was about 20, my most favourite thing ever. I don’t know what happened to it, but still want it back 20 years on! 🙂

finbar – bin might have been better? 😕

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Myself.

finbar
    Free Member

finbar – bin might have been better?

They deserved a better end than that. Leather, cork and natural rubber so hopefully they biodegraded nicely without choking any dolphins.

toab
    Free Member

I used to have a Decca Decalion 4 record player. Sounded rubbish but I loved it.

For a while I had an old mechaincal Olivetti calculator which I just loved, although I had neither the mathematical or mechanical nonce to get it working smoothly.

user-removed
    Free Member

My Nikon FM film camera. Belonged to my grandfather, then my mum before I got it. I’ve got loads of other film bodies but the FM is the ‘special’ one. Relegated to infra-red film now but still gets a lot of use when it’s sunny!

It’s been dropped down mountains, fallen off car roofs and had everything from £50 naff lenses to £1000+ lenses stuck on it.

DT78
    Free Member

world cdk tkd championships

which is what??

Chung do Kwan Tae Kwon do if it helps…

WTF (full contact) back in the day before it became the ‘sport’ it has today (it was on the downslope though)

Current wtf sparring is frankly embarassing and a yawn fest.

therealhoops
    Free Member

My friendship with you Monksie lol failing that, the Aston Martin Vantage I’m gonna buy when me numbers come up this weekend.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Well my wedding ring hasn’t been off my finger since 1979 so wouldn’t need to look for that in the event of a fire. At the risk of evoking much head shaking in disbelief I’d have to say my (current – whatever it may be) bike. I may swap frames with gay abandon (well, abandon anyway 😉 ) but components far less so – I’d like to think my bike retains a little of the essence of my first build from back in 1992 and is definitely the one material possession I couldn’t do without.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

1. a black leather ‘Mascot’ motorcycle jacket I was given by grandfather when I was 13. Doesn’t fit, but hangs up in my wardrobe.
    2. A shell from WW1 that was cut into a vase and has some decorative engraving. Given to me by my other grandfather.

Everything else can be replaced, but I would be gutted if I had to part with my Ducati 749r or my Kobe Ti.

monksie
    Free Member

Your “friendship” with me? 😯
    You’ve set your Facebook status to ‘single’ haven’t you?
    Oh the shame, I’ve been Internet dumped! Still loving you though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Your most prized possesion – past or present?’ is closed to new replies.