Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Would you eat human?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Out of the blue today I decided to ask my head of area if he would eat human meat if he had the chance.

After a bit of pondering he said “male or female? Not sure if I would be comfortable chomping down on a bit of male inner thigh, but otherwise yes I would give a thigh steak a go”

So would you try a human steak?

emma82
    Free Member

eeeewww no!

Jamie
    Free Member

Out of the blue today I decided to ask my head of area if he would eat human meat…..

You need to work on your chat up lines.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yunki
    Free Member

not after what happened last time..

cullen-bay
    Free Member

No. Just no. No.

downshep

Hell yeah!

nom nom nom…

emsz
    Free Member

Quirrel, seriously, are you alright?

Cougar

Vegetarian, so no.

If I wasn’t, I’d probably try it. Meat’s meat’s meat, it’s nasty either way which is why I’m veggie. I’ve never understood why people will cheerfully eat cow, pig or chicken, but be shocked at the prospect of eating horse, goat, kitten or human. Seems… inconsistent to me.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’m more of a breast man myself ;_)

\With a nice Chianti……

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve often said that were I in a survival situation I’d crack someone over the bonce with a rock pretty quickly for a bit of long pig. I’d probably eat someone if I just wasn’t keen on the rations.

mmmmmmmmcrackling.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ If you had to. Would you prefer male or female or would it not bother you?

Other topics in the science department this week – would you rather be an undead zombie or a zombie created from a virus (technically not a zombie).
    Vampire or Werewold, what would you be.
    Tyranosaurus or one of those really small fast meat eating dinosoaurs – which would you rather be.
    Which kills more people – choking on cherry tomatoes or choking on grapes.

emsz
    Free Member

Un dead
    Vampire (easy)
    T Rex grrrrrrrrrr
    I’m gonna say grapes.

carbon337
    Free Member

Yep no probs in survival situations. Meat is meat and survival is survival at the end of the day. They say it is like pork so best take a supply of apple sauce on long rides with mates.

allthegear
    Free Member

The trouble with eating human meat is that diseases in the meat will be very easily passed onto you. It’s not usually a problem with animal meat as they tend to have different diseases.

It’s kinda how we ended up with mad cow disease – cows eating cows…

Rachel

yunki
    Free Member

I answered exactly opposite to emsz..

does that mean that we could get along or that we’d claw each others eyes out..?
    will I have to look at inkblots in a minute..?

tazzymtb

there is nothing wrong with a bit of “long pig”, just don’t eat the brains or you can end up with diseases like Kuru the laughing sickness in the Fore canibal tribes 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve heard that zombie question before, and don’t get it. Why should I care? Does the virus imply a cure?

Werewolf, I like sunlight, and silver is rarer then holy water/wood/garlic etc. etc.

Raptor of course.

I’d go with grapes too.

As for the human meat, I’d eat it if I had to (say in a survival situation), but don’t think I’d eat it just for fun. Sort of illegal, isn’t it?

Xylene
    Free Member

moth or butterfly ended up in a rather heated debate about whether or not the butterfyl was allowed to be out at night time or not.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve heard that zombie question before, and don’t get it. Why should I care? Does the virus imply a cure?

No cure.

But undead zombies die from something natural(ish) then come back
    Virus zombies are turned from people to zombies by a virus.

Both can spread zombieitis by biting, but virus-zombies can spread it through spraying their blood.

I would be a virus zombie.

psling
    Free Member

A spicy curry takeaway, a nice liver and onion gravy served up in an iffy pub? Who can really say they haven’t already eaten human… 😯

pault41
    Free Member

If man was meant to be vegi we would have all our stomachs intact and no canine teeth.
    Evolution has made us omnivores and that is what i will remain .we have a choice in this world and thats mine.
    MY wife talked about it and few work coleages are vegi ,fine but don’t force it on others.
    Prefer nice bit of steak ,welsh black prefered lovely bit of marbling n taste for wales.
    If nowt else going n desert island job human it would be if they were dead already,man was canibal before according to remains found down cheddar caves.

tazzymtb

Sort of illegal, isn’t it?

depends on where you live, ritual canibalism is still practiced in various tribes around the world and I’ve heard that they still eat their young in certain backwaters of the UK such as Rochdale or the FoD

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can someone call up the omnivore bingo. pault41 has ticked a few boxes there. 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

No cure.

But undead zombies die from something natural(ish) then come back
    Virus zombies are turned from people to zombies by a virus.

Both can spread zombieitis by biting, but virus-zombies can spread it through spraying their blood.

Still don’t see why I should care either way. For me it’s less important then if I want to be cremated or buried. I’m dead, IDC.

yunki
    Free Member

psling +1

pault41
    Free Member

depends on where you live, ritual canibalism is still practiced in various tribes around the world and I’ve heard that they still eat their young in certain backwaters of the UK

Try rural wales .
    Along with the INCEST

Xylene
    Free Member

I’m dead, IDC.

No you’re a zombie, which type would you rather be, simple question., two answers.

tazzymtb

pukka undead voodoo zombie, I’m a great believer in tradition

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m with Joolsburger on this one.

I’d probably eat someone if I just wasn’t keen on the rations.

😀 

With a name like ‘Joolsburger‘, you’d have to watch out…

I’ve never understood why people will cheerfully eat cow, pig or chicken, but be shocked at the prospect of eating horse, goat, kitten or human.

I’ve eaten both horse and goat. Not kitten though, or Human. I’d reckon kitten would be a bit stringy, like rabbit, but with less meat.

My mum once saw the remains of a cat bbq. Just a severed uncooked head, a pile of furry bits, and a roasted carcass picked almost clean. She said whoever ate it must have been really desperate, and it was in the middle of a bitter winter. It’s all about survival. Needs must.

If I got a bit peckish on a ride, and ran out of Haribo or whatever, well, STWers tend to often be on the plump side…

Do you think Hora would cook up well? Where’s Binners?

BenjiM

Other topics in the science department this week – would you rather be an undead zombie or a zombie created from a virus (technically not a zombie).
    Vampire or Werewold, Vampire, because my skin is always pale and chicks dig a sucker
    Tyranosaurus or one of those really small fast meat eating dinosoaurs – which would you rather be. T Rex was a scavenger not a hunter so my preference would be a raptor type from my mentor Alan Charig and a deinonychus:
    Which kills more people – choking on cherry tomatoes or choking on grapes : My Missus like bokes so she can choke on either any time and I’d save her! 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

No you’re a zombie, which type would you rather be, simple question., two answers.

Flip a coin.

pault41
    Free Member

Sure there have been desert plane crashes where the odd corpse has been picked at too.

The VULTURES are not fussey.

BenjiM

In regards to the desperate thing, I’d eat anything to survive.

Cougar

^ If you had to. Would you prefer male or female or would it not bother you?

Depends if it’s off the bone or not (-:

It’s kinda how we ended up with mad cow disease – cows eating cows…

This isn’t exactly right. It’s the reason it spread so fast, but it’s not the cause. The cause was, probably, cows eating sheep (though accidentally due to cross-contamination).

Can someone call up the omnivore bingo. pault41 has ticked a few boxes there.

Beat me to it.

Cougar

Actually, I will take Paul up on one point.

fine but don’t force it on others.

Who’s doing that then, exactly?

emsz
    Free Member

does that mean that we could get along or that we’d claw each others eyes out..?

we’d be BFF..obviously 😆

CountZero

Don’t like pork, so I’d probably gag eating human. Don’t eat much meat at all, but have no philosophical or moral issues about it, just taste.

pault41
    Free Member

As said

we have a choice in this world and thats mine.

thats not force ,just saying a point of view.

bedmaker

can’t help thinking a Nigella rump steak would be nicely marbled, tender and juicy.

And plentiful 😉

bananaworld
    Free Member

From the comfort of this summer evening, with no pressing need to survive, I reckon I’d have no problem eating human flesh.

Despite that I’m vegan, in a survival situation (e.g. Alive), where the human was already dead, why not eat them in order to live? It’d be a shameful waste not to.

(Having said that, I don’t think I’d hunt/kill in order to survive, though that is, again, said from behind the comfort of a large plate of farfalle…)

Interesting point about the possiblity of disease transmission, allthegear. Though if I was starving, would I care…?

Finally, to pault41: ha ha ha ha. Classic stuff. This is for you:

(…and for deadlydarcy!) 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Would you eat human?’ is closed to new replies.