Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Why can't i find webpages from the US or Europe?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m looking to do some shopping from the either the US or Europe, but Google will only throw up UK pages. Tried Google Chrome and IE9 but both keep throwing up only UK pages.
    I remember being able to pick either UK pages or pages from the web, but now i cannot find how to do this.

Getting really annoyed now as i’m looking for an item that doesn’t appear to be imported to the uk (Command Post Blacklite 75mm)

donsimon
    Free Member

Put “USA” as part of the search?
    Have a look here too, I have a similar problem.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

tried the USA option, no joy.

thing is, i know there are retailers out there willing to take my money but i can’t access them!!!

sc-xc
    wrecker
    Free Member

Proxy server?

midlifecrashes

Try putting http://www.google.com/ncr into the browser. /ncr=no country redirect

We used to have a world wide web, now google only wants to show me stuff near Carlisle. I live in Doncaster.

donsimon
    Free Member

I could get you the Marketing Warrany and Servicing manager’s details for Specialized Spain if you want.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That site doesn’t ship to the UK it appears sc-xc 🙁

sc-xc

Aaah. I just changed the .co.uk to .com in google and quite a few came up.

wingnuts

It’s all a plot!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bloody Spesh UK site won’t take my f*************** ************* ************ e-mails now!!!

How sodding difficult can it be to buy something?

donsimon
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, they could’ve replied.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Jesus christ! Had enough now. I want to spend money but can’t and i’m annoyed 🙁

I can’t understand why browsers are now set up in such a way to stop you buying from overseas.

sc-xc

I have looked at about 20 European, American and other shops – they all say the same thing when you try and click to buy – something like ‘This item is not permitted to be shipped, however it can be purchased online and picked up at your convenience’

The German sites said it couldn’t be shipped out of Germany….

donsimon
    Free Member

Why not use the Specialized store locater?
    It will take a couple of seconds to find postcodes from major cities.
    One or two of the guys here speak English, don’t know about international deliveries though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Same here sc-xc, bonkers isn’t it?

Its as though they don’t actually want to sell the item!

I went to the shop this afternoon (cyclecentre in Congleton, Cheshire) to measure it up and the 100mm version is ‘just’ too long when i factor in the length of the bushing at the top of the main tube and the seatclamp bit by 10mm above my optimum seat height.

The 75mm version would be perfect for what i want but i can’t buy it!

Chap in the shop says it’s not going to be imported into the UK…

midlifecrashes

Can you arrange with a courier company to pick up at the store and ship over here?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have friends in the US, might have to send them the money then have them ship the part to me. Seems like the only way.

Either that or buy something that people actually want to sell!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Spesh have always sold stuff to specific areas, which is a shame as they make a lovely Steel Allez

USA only

CountZero

I’ve had problems recently trying to buy items from the US and the dealers just won’t ship outside of the country. Not cycle related stuff, just seems Americans can’t be arsed to ship worldwide. Even trying through Amazon.com, I forget what it was now, but they just would not ship to the uk. Wierd. And it was nothing iffy, like a knife, or anything like that.

konabunny
    Free Member

We used to have a world wide web, now google only wants to show me stuff near Carlisle

Oh. You must have a CWW browser. (Carlisle Wide Web).

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Why can't i find webpages from the US or Europe?’ is closed to new replies.