Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Who went out tonight?
  • Pook

In Sheffield our ride consisted of…

torrential rain
    hail
    hail
    hail
    drizzle
    torrential rain
    gales
    hail
    clearness
    hail hail
    mud
    mud
    rain
    big f*** off deep puddle that i didn’t see and rode right through.
    Frostbite.

Grim ride.

billysugger
    Free Member

This afternoon ride in Calder Valley went…

Sunny and warm
    Bike out
    3 miles from home first big climb..hailstorm,gales,pedalling down steep hills,hailstorm every big uphill,wanted to quit a few times. Brain freeze
    Home
    Sunny and warm

pottsathome
    Free Member

Same here at mabie. It really was nasty. Hail snow rain in that order. Was a short ride to say the least

lowey

Just back from a similar ride Pook. Was great fun actually. Pleny of Karma points in the bank for summer now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Me

White out blizzards on pitfichie – forgot my longs so bib shorts and a works overall i had in the van did the job

Its luminous yellow with reflective strips ….. Couldnt miss me on the hill

Good inch of the white stuff all round

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Totally woosed out tonight. Did some weights. Ate some tea. Finally put the bar tape on the singlespeed. Pft.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nope but went to Woburn today, muddy and greasy but fun 🙂 Was interesting with a DMR Moto R on the back instead of my usual Clutch SX.

40mpg

I started, but was feeling crap and we were heading off to a pub a long way off with no shortcut home, so woosed out after about 3 miles! Feeling pathetic and bored now.

rOcKeTdOg

Been sunny all day here, resting the legs tonight though

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

almost 2 hours cross bike nr Rivington in rain,wind, hail rain, wind hail then lost the feeling in my feet

lucien

Did 2 and a bit hours on the south coast, warm enough, rained a bit, but just flat and muddy slop.

Reckon it would have cost me a chain and cassette at least

thecrookofdevon

Took bike on back of van planning to shoot out after doing a Parent Evening but then decided snow and rain was all too wet and didn’t bother. Regretting it now.

hopevalley

Pook – were you up near Millstone? I saw 2 lights up there?

scaredypants

Don’t exaggerate you lot !!

I was out tonight – warmish, light drizzle and a stiffish breeze

jedi

i went out. clear skies and muddy as hell. love muddy drifting. xc too 🙂

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Nipped out on the road bike for an hour to try out new helmet light. Mild with a wee bit of drizzle on the IOW. New light must have been diverting shipping in the Solent if I glanced out to sea at any point.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not too bad down south but seriously muddy. Had some fun with the drifting but the rest of the ride seemed a right slow slog through the mud. All in all a pretty grim couple of hours. Not convinced about the 2.0 mud x on the hard tail either, makes it a pretty harsh ride, may have to look for fatter rubber. Also must have spent a lot more time than usual in the saddle slowly ploughing through mud as the ride gave me sore goolies 😡

scruff
    Free Member

Just got in, windy, wet, slidey, fell off & smashed my face in a bit, 4 pints in the pub, uphill & headwind home. 😀

bent_udder
    Free Member

North downs: Commuted in in torrential rain. Soaked to skin, kit almost dried out by home time. Got home cold and still a bit damp. Night ride completely dry, but high winds from every angle, with lots of gusts. A respectable amount of mud / puddleage everywhere. We survived for the length of time it takes to drink a pint of Guiness under the patio heater thing at the Star in Dorking and laugh hysterically when the (cute young) girl sitting next to me realised that the vibrator in her bag was switched on and so it was skipping around under the table. It must have been a whopper.

Good times.

sok

Pook – I’m disappointed. Was just down the road from you on Baslow Edge and Longstone Moor. The hail with night lights was amazing and made a great ride. Glad to have had a change of clothes with me though :o)

messiah
    Free Member

Awesome scoot in the local forest, I had planned to head up a local hill but the windchill was vicious so I chose to keep low. The frost had not lifted all day so even the trails in the trees were rock hard and running fast like a summers day… but -1 and at night 😕

I love it when you get the trails like this. I had my full suss which I don’t usually bother with for this forest but due to the speed the trails were running at it was the perfect choice… I love my local trails.

pedalhead
    Free Member

yep did a few hours on the Chilterns after work. Very sticky mud up there at the moment. Pb on that route is 2h 21 but took me nearly 3 hours due to all the gloop. Must be good training though (I hope?!!)

Haze

Couple of hours around the local woods, followed by a few pints of Glow.

Saw an owl (not in the pub).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Similar conditons here to OP
    Went out for a 13km trail-run.
    Badass.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

That puddle was like a lake!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Caught a little bit of very light rain down here in southern Hampshire last night. Some of the singletrack in well drained, exposed areas was nearly summer-like. Big contrast in the dips though, they’re still swampy.

ads678

I was at Stainburn nr Leeds last night, had a bit of everything rain/sleet/snow all witha decent amount of wind. But it’s quite dense forest so it’s relativley dry in the trees. We had a good night sessioning the black stuff in the dark woods. Very Radcore!!

edd

I went out – to the theatre. Does that count? Nice weather though.

Pook

hopevalley – not us, we were on houndkirk freezing our nuts off!

sputnik
    Free Member

Went out. Threw up till 4 AM. Never again…

hora
    Free Member

Pleny of Karma points in the bank for summer now.

I said this to Pook!

Puddle? Remember that deep puddle that Pook rode through whilst I filmed him bitching that his bike would soon disolve in sandy water……only to notice his camera also records sound 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

StefMcDef – Member

Nipped out on the road bike for an hour to try out new helmet light. Mild with a wee bit of drizzle on the IOW. New light must have been diverting shipping in the Solent if I glanced out to sea at any point.
    Was out last night solo too. Still I was on a proper bike! Had a few “moments” on one of my fave bits of woody singletrack. Slippy indeed. But mostly dry and trail conditions were mostly ok with patches of sloppyness (much like my riding).

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

40mpg

a pub a long way off

You’ve dropped your standards!
    You missed a good one. We even did the Hilly Billies on the way back. No-one cleaned the rooty slope this time though.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Who went out tonight?’ is closed to new replies.