Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 249 total)
  • Who was banned today?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

According to Marks twitter they banned a UK distributor MD today for homophobic comments? What user/thread?

Don’t know, but I would guess this was the thread.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-dog-ate-my-spd-shoes

wwaswas

Graeme Fuller – Managing Director @ Surf Sales and legendary windurf forum botherer apparently.

Electra, Dakine, Transition etc importer…

Everywhen
    Free Member

If it was him on the SPD thread, it was a lame attempt at humour (April 1st related?), rather unfunny and offensive.

wwaswas

April 1st related?

doubt it, he started it yesterday and has, reportedly, reacted in a similar vein to being banned.

cynic-al
    Free Member

what was his log on?

wwaswas

G.R.F – he started the thread.

allthegear
    Free Member

I read the thread earlier and I just assumed it was a 12 year old kid or something?? Wow – just goes to show…

Rachel

neilforrow

he started it yesterday and has, reportedly, reacted in a similar vein to being banned.

gazes into the crystal ball….

singletrack issue 68

‘so out of all the bikes on test, the transition xxxxx falls well short of the mark’

scaredypants

was nearly funny, then let us all down in the end

allthegear
    Free Member

Can I just take the opportunity to say that both the “community” and the mods do a really good job of dealing with things like homophobia etc on here – it really is a pretty fab place to be…

There’s always going to be an idiot come along once in a while but they don’t last long (or we all learn to laugh at them rather than with them!!)

Thanks!!

Rachel

Bimbler
    Free Member

Can I just take the opportunity to say that both the “community” and the mods do a really good job of dealing with things like homophobia etc on here – it really is a pretty fab place to be…

Disagree it’s a bit too po-faced, for my tastes. But hey it’s not my forum.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I read the thread earlier and I just assumed it was a 12 year old kid or something?? Wow – just goes to show…

I made the same assumption about that idiot.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Amazing he’s an MD!

scaredypants

(edit:)

well, yeah…but

I can’t believe he actually meant it and I wasn’t offended personally. I think you’d have to try hard to be cross about that sort of OTT mucking about, wouldn’t you ?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Wasn’t particularly offended by what he said, but rather that he said it, and said it again, then spouted a load more crap with what could have turned into a lame attempt at humour but never quite got there. Didn’t go back but I assume it continued and he got his telling off, quite rightly as far as I am concerned.
    Am sure he his having a good chunter to himself/other forums and will be fine.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’m with Scaredypants on this one, surely anyone with more than half a brain cell would have realised he was taking the mick……

But as we know we arent allowed to poke fun at anyone or anything nowadays as there are just far too many do gooders in the world.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

But as we know we arent allowed to poke fun at anyone or anything nowadays as there are just far too many do gooders in the world.

Ooh, so near yet so far to the magical ‘it’s PC gone mad’

joao3v16
    Free Member

Whether we think it was harmless OTT ‘fun’ or not, STW can’t be seen to be tolerating ‘this sort of thing’ in the public domain …

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s cobblers, almightydutch. People might think it’s ok to make jokes at the expense of others, but they need to realise what offence they could cause. Someone made an offensive comment about me the other day, which I din’t like, so I reported it and it was removed.

If you can’t consider that your comments might cause offence, then you’re a bit thick and ignorant, quite frankly. And it’s not about others just needing a ‘thick skin’, it’s about people treating everyone with respect, regardless of their difference.

soobalias
    Free Member

GRF is a total ******* **** with no **** which is why he likes to **** ** ** *** **** ** ** wednesday!

tru fact.

R.lepecha

Oh the thread I was posting on.

wwaswas

GRF is a total ******* **** with no **** which is why he likes to **** ** ** *** **** ** ** wednesday!

does this count as swear filter evasion?

hora
    Free Member

Why the publicising of his name etc? I know its on his ‘record’ however to me its storm in a teacup.

ton

Elfinsafety – Member
    That’s cobblers, almightydutch. People might think it’s ok to make jokes at the expense of others, but they need to realise what offence they could cause. Someone made an offensive comment about me the other day, which I din’t like, so I reported it and it was removed.

If you can’t consider that your comments might cause offence, then you’re a bit thick and ignorant, quite frankly. And it’s not about others just needing a ‘thick skin’, it’s about people treating everyone with respect, regardless of their difference.

fred, please re read what you have posted and tell me you are kidding.

xiphon
    Free Member

Just read that dog/spd thread in question – are people really that sensitive??

iDave
    Free Member

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

are people really that sensitive??

Apparently so… nothing beats getting offended on behalf of others <cough>The Guardian readers<cough> 😉

R.lepecha

Apparently so…

Just think about it, I’m not trying to be offensive to homosexual’s in this comment but homosexuals are generally more feminine than us manly males as some one of you seem to think you are. Typically females are more sensitive than men so a homosexual looking at that thread could be seriously offended by what he was saying.

hora
    Free Member

Sensitive or hyper-sensitive to anger i.e. get angry at anything and rail at the world?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

fred, please re read what you have posted and tell me you are kidding.

No; you have a read and think about it. Can’t be that difficult, surely…

TBH the original thread was just boring, but the attempt at ‘humour’ failed really. The basic premise seemed to be that SPD users are somehow ‘homosexual’, and that their supposed homosexuality is somehow a negative characteristic. Just a bit stupid and schoolboyish really.

Unless the OP of that thread is himself Gay, and it’s meant to be ironic or something.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just think about it, I’m not trying to be offensive to homosexual’s in this comment but homosexuals are more feminine than us manly males as some one of you seem to think you are. Typically females are more sensitive than men so a homosexual looking at that thread could be seriously offended by what he was saying.

You’re quite young, aren’t you?

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah, GRF was posting on that parallel-universe thread which seemed to be a load of 12 year olds squabbling.

R.lepecha

You’re quite young, aren’t you?

Yes Elfin I am. As stated in my profile.

pastcaring
    Free Member

thought it was a great thread, GRF was taking the piss! some bit some came back with witty comments.
    some people need to get a sense of humor!

some of the posters on here are genuinely rude, have they been banned ?

thepurist

homosexuals are more feminine than us manly males

I’ll hold your coat while you tell him that…

JonR
    Free Member

There seems to have been a horrific change in attitude in this country of the last 10 years, from somewhere (and I have no idea where) lots and lots of people seem to think they have the right to not be offended by anyone and if they are offended by someone they automatically have the moral high ground. If someone does deliberately not set out to offend in what they do then the offense taken is the problem of the person who perceives it not in the person who has caused it.

The statement “I am offended” is nothing more than a whine, a whinge, a statement that someone else should think as you do. I disliked this surf person’s thread not because it was offensive but because it was bloody awful and I took the mick as such. To claim offense, as so many do is simply to feign outrage and is a lazy retort as it requires no real thought or invention and allows the claimant to feel smug and superior.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes Elfin I am.

Oh right ok. Thought so. 😉

R.lepecha

I’ll hold your coat while you tell him that…

O.k, So maybe I should say generally more feminine.

R.lepecha

Oh right ok. Thought so.

Why Elfin?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘Who was banned today?’ is closed to new replies.