Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Who rides BMX?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Anyone who thinks BMX is just for kids should try it. You’ll soon change your mind. And have a whole lot of fun. 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Went out today, might go out again tomorrow morning!

jedi

i’m going to corby on monday if anyone fancies it. not ridden the 20 in weeks 🙁

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’d no ridden in best park of a year! New park as well, I was shit, but I had fun.

Best trick: 360 out of a bowl
    Worst fail. Feeble grind.

I need to crash a few times to remove the fear.

Jedi, if you (or anyone on here) ever fancy a trip along the south coast let me know, I’m always up to meet new people. Did Kings park in B’mouth today, it’s a pretty nice concrete place, Slades farm was a little too busy by the time so I just a had me lunch. Weymouth is nice too, need to try the Trick factory it’s just a bit of a drive.

jedi

eastbourne is awesome

_tom_
    Free Member

haha 180s, feebles and smiths are about the only tricks I can do on a bmx 😀 so fun though.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’m so out of the loop I didn’t even know it existed. Google images look ace. I love wooden ramps, can’t beat them. I used to ride a at the Oxford wheel project ramps the midi was so nice, grippy but nice and fast to grind.

yunki
    Free Member

I used to ride a bit back in the 80s when I was quite a bit smaller than I am now..

nothing rad.. 180 bunnyhops, endo tailwhips, front wheel manuals..kind of flatland and trialsy inspired tricks mostly..

anyway.. my point is this..

I was small back then.. the few times I’ve gotten on a bmx as an adult I have felt way too big, off balance and too unsupple to ride with any skill or confidence..
    I’d love to ride that sort of style again cos it feels great to master a new trick and it’s gotta be ace for core strength and all round bike fitness.. but bmx is too small for me..

can anyone recommend a good compromise some where between a 26″ mtb and a bmx..?

24″ bmx perhaps..? maybe some sort of trials bike..?

Edric64
    Free Member

I thought only children rode BMX bikes..

+1

jedi

loads of 6ft+ riders ride bmx!
    kids ride bikes full stop at least thats how i feel when i ride

yunki
    Free Member

loads of 6ft+ riders ride bmx!

I know that.. and I believe that’s fine if you grow into it and keep riding as you grow and mature..

but then if you have 20 years off the small bike.. trying to bend your brittle stiff and knackered old body around that small geometry is just not happening..

jedi

im 5-9 and had 25years off a bmx 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

well thanks for the recommendation on a bike tony.. I’m gonna look on ebay for one of those old 26″ giant trials frames.. 🙂

jedi

🙂 🙂

riding a 24/26 in a skatepark feels like whisking eggs with a chopstick, you can do it but the fork is better 🙂

GW
    Free Member

totally agree with Jedi. 😀

been out on mine this afternoon for a wee bit of jumping down the local woods, felt ace! also taught a 9yr old to jump his first double and ride a couple of steep loose chutes.. he was buzzing.. unfortunately he slipped a pedal and cut his knee on the cycle path on the way home, packet of skittles from the shop cured it tho 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

The top guys have so much skill (and balls) its not true. Almost sold it recently, but glad i didnt. Careful though, mtb is only something i took up because of some pretty serious bmx injuries 🙁

[/url][/img]

TheBrick
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    I thought only children rode BMX bikes..

+1

Well I’m glad you’ve learnt something today.

24″ bmx perhaps..? maybe some sort of trials bike..?

There are a few plus sized BMXs coming onto the market now, 22″ wheels, I think Sunday dose one, part availability may be an issue.

6’2″ here and on 20″ wheel, 20.5″ tt btw, it defiantly feel odd, very twitchy when you have been off it a while but you adjust.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

p.s. Brew Pro xl, 21.25 tt and i’m 5’10” (and 41!) 🙂

jedi

can’t wait to ride again

jedi 7 (3) by ukbikeskills, on Flickr

GW
    Free Member

5’11” here and got a 21″ and a 20.75″, preferring the 20.75 just now but might just be coz it’s a lot lighter (41 too)

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ve had aboutt 10+ years off 20″ wheels…

kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about getting one as I love my 24″ jump bike and it is the next progression.

How long do you reckon it takes to adjust? (I’m 6’3 and didn’t ride much bmx as a kid)

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Who rides BMX?’ is closed to new replies.