Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Who is the most stereotypical STWer?
  • ratherbeintobago

Another NHS employee

Mid (*cough* late) 30’s

Drive a Toyota

Live in E Lancs

Currently ride a Cannondale HT but planning to swap for an El Mar

No beard

Do have a log burner though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Starts myriad inane threads

No offense Molly

I think he’s a bit of a reformed character now, though he may have stolen Kryton’s login details for a year or so.

Molgrips is probably too busy pushing his car home every night to post on here so much.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not sure whats becoming more STW-ey though – riding Orange Fives/steel hardtails around Calderdale or mincing around the South Downs on a 6″ full bouncer from Lapierre/Canyon etc.

Erm, road bike surely.

Even the Peaslake posing posse appear to be getting into road riding.

grum
    Free Member

Oh I forgot one another thing I do score on – owning an original British made Record vice (no 1). 🙂

DBW is still doing pretty well but there’s some other contenders.

Anyone brew their own ‘craft’ beer (as well as fulfilling all the other criteria)?

I think a Solarstorm X2 light is becoming de rigueur as well these days (tick). I think listening to 6 music is probably quite important also.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m a lesbian*, surely that makes me more stw??

*trapped in a man’s body, naturally.

D0NK

Could be because that’s the actual name of the Group that owns those Brands and is used worldwide?

I knew that, but it’s a passat estate or an audi saloon. Just seems unnecessarily vague

Plus, it’s a lot quicker to type…

fair enough but I’m cynical that’s the reason.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone brew their own ‘craft’ beer

Yes

mrblobby
    Free Member

Since joining STW my bike fleet has grown to include a Ragley, an On-One, a Nukeproof, a Planet X, a Cotic and a Giant. One of which may very well be a 29er. I think there may have been some STW influence here!

Also got a Seiko 5, a Gaggia classic, an Iberital grinder, a VW and a Beemer. Oh and a wood burner.

I wouldn’t consider myself as working in IT though most people would probably think I do.

I ride more on road than off these days.

I am however fairly skinny, have a full head of hair, and can’t grow a beard never mind how hard I try 🙁

I am also slightly obsessed with bikes.

rickmeister

Hmm. Mrs Rickmeister

Audi
    KTM 990
    Works in IT software development
    Orange 5
    2 bean to cup machines
    2 woodburners
    Chain saw
    Weisbier drinker
    Own log stack

Can’t / dare not comment on beard….

mightymule
    Free Member

Overweight – Check… 🙁

hot_fiat

VAG Car, KTM 950, IT Job; One working open fire, the other “in progress”; Alpine 160, 29er; Real Ale; 5 Coffee devices + STW mug; Chickens; Border Collie; Record Vice, Winter Tyres swapped at precisely 7C, Skier and Boarder, Opinionated-done-everything-polymath.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Could be because that’s the actual name of the Group that owns those Brands and is used worldwide? Plus, it’s a lot quicker to type…

Could it also be a case of people owning Skodas and VWs wanting people to think they might own an Audi?

(2 x VWs here…)

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It’s because a VAG car is ladybits.

iolo
    Free Member

Me
    I talk a lot of shit
    (Plus most others here)

camo16
    Free Member

On the lifestyle/possessions front I’m a total bust.

But if STW-ism is a state of mind I’m not doing so badly. 😉

D0NK

also
    vag
    vw
    seat
    audi
    skoda

so longer than one and the others are hardly war and peace compared.
    I’m sure if someone owned one of those other even longer named brands they wouldn’t be typing vag. Unless they couldn’t spell lambageeny bewgatty poorsh bentley.

FTR I own a 4 wheeled hatchback 🙂

rickt
    Free Member

Sounds like everyone wants to be like the STW stereotype!

Otherwise people would stop going on about it… 🙂

ps..In answer to the questions….. I have no beard but could grow one.

🙂 🙂 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Perhaps the steroetypical STWer needs to feel part of the STW massive and therefore creates (regular) screens to benchmark him/herself against….

….therefore, Grum is the stereotypical STWer. QED.

(except he takes better photos)

kimbers

VAG motor: nope, old focus
    Orange 5: nope kona fanboi
    29er: nope, just got a 650ber tho
    Espresso machine and grinder: nope, not big on coffee, worked in a coffe factory for a while, not pleasant
    IT nerd: nope closer to NHS
    Real Ale wierdo: yes
    Beard: no
    Wood freak: no
    Lefty hand wringer: yes
    ‘Chunky’: yes
    Iphone; android for me
    Ipad: cheapo laptop
    late 30s: 🙁
    Argumentative: guilty

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Erm, I brew my own beer too. Its undrinkable filth but I try!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grum is the stereotypical STWer

🙂

I’ve met him. He’s not. Far too nice.

emsz
    Free Member

It’s because a VAG car is ladybits.

I almost hate to do this but….y’know I’m gonna anyway …using “ladybits” as a derogatory term isn’t cool, ok?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

VAG motor: My next car would be, but Hondaaaa for now
    Orange 5: Guilty
    29er: Nien
    Espresso machine and grinder: Negative
    IT nerd: Nope
    Real Ale wierdo: Yessir!
    Beard: Yes, has been known
    Wood freak: Yes – totes
    Lefty hand wringer: Maybe

4.5 out of 9 – I’m not exactly pinning it really?

Edit: ^ My joke wasn’t derogatory (*waves flag*) – just hopelessly daft and silly. Apologies if it read this way to you …my inane humour perhaps gets a little lost here.

woody2000

DBW – when are we off for a ride again anyway? We can compare beards and have some kind of car park “I’m more STW than you” face off 🙂

You can give me a go on your 5 so I can feel truly epicSTW

Oh, and you can bring some of your homebrew!

warton
    Free Member

Plus, it’s a lot quicker to type…

you must teach me how to type VAG quicker than VW

grum
    Free Member

I must agree that using the term VAG does seem a bit of an affectation.

Erm, I brew my own beer too. Its undrinkable filth but I try!

I think DBW has just won the thread after all – sorry guys.

therefore creates (regular) screens

Eh?

I’ve met him. He’s not. Far too nice.

Love you too, sexy.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I don’t even know what a VAG is, let alone own one? 😳

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I shan’t attempt to answer this.. 😳

tazzymtb

Well according to the stw hit list, I’m so un-stw I may as well depart for pastures new 🙂

campkoala
    Free Member

Is it ok to use “fanny” as a derogatory term? I can never keep up with what’s cool or not 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll just leave this here, shall I?

chakaping
    Free Member

VAG does seem a bit of an affectation.

Not really as there’s a certain type of person who considers VAG vehicles to be classier than Fords, Vauxhalls etc. and buys into the reputation they (used to) have.

Possibly someone who places image or perceived quality above performance, reliability or actual quality.

Am I making any sense?

Drac

Well according to the stw hit list, I’m so un-stw I may as well depart for pastures new

I think Tattoos should be on the list if that helps.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Not really as there’s a certain type of person who considers VAG vehicles to be classier than Fords, Vauxhalls etc. and buys into the reputation they (used to) have.

It tends to be owners of VAG vehicles from lower down the food chain that refer to it as VAG, rather than owners of Audis. It’s a bit like saying you wear Armani when you have an Armani Exchange T-shirt and everything else is from Next.

tazzymtb

Not sure about tats as most folk on here are un-inked…double posting though 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it ok to use “fanny” as a derogatory term?

I hope so, it’s one of my favourite derogatory terms.

And there are far more derogatory terms derived from male genitalia, if we’re going to have sexual equality in such matters we’d actually have to make up more front bottom-based ones.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Listing things that you own as a vague attempt to establish how stw you are when in fact the only aim is showing off your niche, middle class, high earning credentials is in itself very stw.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think the only thing I have in common is a bit of stubble in a goatie stylee..

😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Mrs Mitch has the car (not an Audi, a completely impractical 4×4), I have a completely impractical motorbike (harley streetbob).
    Ride a hard tail cannondale, I also have a full sus with far more suspension than I’ll ever need, and there’s a pitifully underused cyclocross bike in the garage.
    Tattooed and unshaven, and I work in the NHS (been a registered psychy nurse for twenty five years). Fancy coffee machine, but no woodburner.
    Used to own an orange (but not a 5). Not an atheist, and not sure if I believe in ghosts. Lefty, and used to enjoy the more physically robust aspects of anti fascism. Adopted kids,and one of my son’s is gay (my life’s like an extract from the Guardian some days).
    All in all, a bit of a mixed bag.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jason – yes. Must do that ASAP (although looking at November now!).

Not sure about the beer – I’m afraid to decant it into something for fear of splashing it on myself and it burning through my skin.

Listing things that you own as a vague attempt to establish how stw you are when in fact the only aim is showing off your niche, middle class, high earning credentials is in itself very stw.

So be it 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Who is the most stereotypical STWer?’ is closed to new replies.