Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • White Shimano MP90's at CRC
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Looking at buying a pair of these in bling white but I hear that Shimano sizes are small. I am usually a size 42/8.5 so should I order size 43?

Also, the MP90’s seem to get good reviews has anyone got any?

Cheers

mamadirt
    Free Member

looks down at feet

Yes, arrived today – CRC have them at a bargain price. They are pretty small – I ordered a size 38 (same as my current DX shoes) but they felt a little cramped when trying them on (hence why I’m sat here wearing them instead of my slippers, hoping they’ll stretch a tad). I had considered sending them back to swap for the next size up but as they cost so little, by the time I’d paid for return postage, I guess any money saving would be lost. Trying them on without the insoles, they had plenty of room, so I’ve trimmed the insoles a little (they were pretty bulky, extending up around the heel area, and they feel pretty much spot on now.

Soles are stiff (and come with an even stiffer plastic insole plate which you can fit if you wish) but rubber seems grippy on flat pedals . . . in the kitchen at least. I’ll wear them to work tomorrow (while they’re still white) and report back on their waterproofing (or lack of).

househusband
    Free Member

I’m normally 43 but have found that I need a now 45 for Shimano shoes – was 44 at one time! Maybe their sizing has changed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stooo
    Free Member

I’ve just got a set.

I’m normally a size 43 in specialized shoes and went with a 44 for these as I tend to find shimanos need to be a size up…. they fit ok, but are snug as has been said above. if I was gonna be wearing big chunky socks with em, I’d maybe need a 45.

Seem OK shoes though, way comfier than the 5:10s I tried on… and way cheaper too! though, not as grippy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Quick update as promised. Very comfy, nice and warm and didn’t let the water in (quite something with the rain we had this morning). They are pretty stiff for a non-spd shoe but the rubber is grippy – that said in this morning’s rain they didn’t feel as super-grippy as a BMX shoe with my flatties – much better for the (I was gonna say drier, but I think slightly less wet would be a better description) homeward journey. I’d definitely go a size up though – no way will I be able to fit thick socks with mine.

MussEd
    Free Member

Saw these, but liked the brown. Anyone got a pic of the white?

Northwind

Are they as awful looking in the flesh as they are on the website? Still thinking of getting a set as winter shoes, my AM40s are ace but I can’t fit sealskins + thermal liners in them.

(MussEd, if you click on the 360 view you can see white ones. They look like my mum’s gardening trainers.)

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys my pair of size 43’s are on their way.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, they do look a bit ‘special needs’. Funny though, I wore mine all morning in work and got loads of compliments . . . mostly from 4 year olds 😕

Northwind

Ah, what the heck, if they’re as ugly as I think they are I’ll just need to stand in more mud :mrgreen:

Remember CRC do a 4% cashback via Topcashback btw…

naokfreek
    Free Member

Took the plunge…why not eh!

Northwind

Oh and a wee big-up for CRC, I forgot to put in my 10% discount code, dropped them an email today and they added it on for me… Very cool, they didn’t have to do that.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Won’t even really be using mine for riding…just a pair of trainers, but the option is there 😉

Should have them tomorrow morning hopefully. Then i’ll find out if CRC is a good idea after the pub 🙄

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘White Shimano MP90's at CRC’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts