Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Which brakes – Avid elixir 7's or shimano SLX?
  • geminafantasy
    Free Member

These brakes are a similar price on Merlin at the moment, has anyone got any experience with the two? How do they compare?

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Haven’t used the Elixirs, but any Avid brake I’ve owned, tried, borrowed, I’ve absolutely been disappointed in.

It’s the complete opposite for me with Shimano brakes. Loved them and so ended up buying the full saint range.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

slx every time- Ive had juicys and elixirs and wouldnt have them again- start off ok and then loads of hassle

the slx brakes I have had just work- so much so just ordered some more – have a look on ebay all terrain are doing 665’s for £95- euro set up but apparently easy enough to change

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 sets of Elixirs & 1 of Juicys, an arbitary choice to go with either SRAM or Shimano on all bikes.

They’re ok but I do have issues with them from time to time & it turns out I prefer Shimano brakes for bleeding as dot oil is a PITA.

Oh well…

Previous XT brakes I had are going strong on a friend’s bike after 7 years use. I’d go SLX 🙂

honourablegeorge

SLX, No brakes at all, then Avid, in that order.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Which brakes – Avid elixir 7's or shimano SLX?’ is closed to new replies.