Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to sell a boat?
  • Tiger6791

I’ve decided to sell my boat, I don’t use it as much as should and if I get a nice day and some spare time I’m on my bike.

So I’ve decided to get shut, I’m just paying boat yard fees and getting no use.

I’ve stuck it in the classifieds on here but expect to get no interest so does anybody have any ideas?

david_r
    Free Member

I took mine to an auctioneer. Did OK out of it in the end from what I can remember.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Find some pubs near where it is moored up/near moorings. Put ‘For Sale’ signs in the pub toilets (maybe ask the landlord first!). I’ve seen this in a couple of places. No idea if it works of course, but it is cheap 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d have it if you weren’t the wrong side of the coutnry 🙁

wwaswas

I guess like most summer time pursuits (boats, caravans etc)you’re going to get the worst price at this time of year – people will have to pay yard/storage fees all winter before they really get a chance to use it.

boats and outboards used to be a good online advertising option, but there are a couple of others.

and then there’s ebay too.

Tiger6791

I’d have it if you weren’t the wrong side of the coutnry

Really, don’t mind dragging it over next time and dropping it off in Windlesham 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

http://www.findafishingboat.com/

Maybe? Apals site and it has pleasure boats and dinghys as well

alfabus
    Free Member

classifieds in the back of ‘Yachts and Yachting’ used to be THE place to buy and sell dinghys… I bought and sold a couple from there in my youth (’90s)

eBay is probably the best bet now… you’re bound to find someone who knows nothing and will pay over the odds for it.

Dave

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

summer time pursuits

Pahhh, lightweight! The Spring and Autumn series at Sainling clubs are usualy the most competative as;

a) more wind
    b) the fast boys aren’t off doing national/regional races

Real men are out raceing when the icebreaker series is earning its name! It’s a bit like cycling, no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong preperation.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Really, don’t mind dragging it over next time and dropping it off in Windlesham

Tempting, but I suspect I’d be shot if I bought another toy!

carbon337
    Free Member

I sold mine on the international class association forum for the make of boat – check these places:

mirror UK forums
    Trident-uk.com – big mirror sailing chandler
    Apollo Duck
    Boats and Outboards
    Ebay is good for dinghies

Tiger6791

Will try the Mirror forum, it’s out of class as I’ve put inspection covers in the tanks. So it may not be their cup of tea.

Not keen on enay as I want somebody to see it first and hopefully be local. Post office window I ‘spose

yetidave
    Free Member

good websites, boats and outboards, yachts and yachting web pages etc. Try a local chandlers or outdoor pursuit place, maybe even tescos notice boards, gumtree maybe?

sharkbait
    Free Member

If it’s a Mirror I’d go with eBay – I think you’d be pretty happy with what you get but I would probably leave it until next spring.
    I recently sold an Optimist on ApolloDuck (free advert) within a few days and I’ll put my Laser on there next spring but that’s because it’s [probably] worth more than your Mirror.

nickb

try http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk – I’ve sold 2 or 3 dinghies on there pretty easily.

Nick

spooky_b329

You can put it on ebay as a 30 day classified listing, no bidding, just a Buy it Now price. If you price it slightly high and then allow ‘Best Offers’ buyers will contact you with a more realistic offer and then you will be able to stipulate that they view the boat before completing the sale.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

+1 on boatsandoutboards.co.uk

Tiger6791

I actually might just see if anybody wants to swap it for a Ocean Kayak 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell a boat?’ is closed to new replies.