Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to get mortgage advice?
  • Burts
    Free Member

I need some re-mortgaging advice for my UK flat, but I'm currently living abroad. As I will have to do everything by phone/email, I guess that it doesn't really matter where the advisor is actually located in relation to the property.

So any recommendations for finding a mortgage advisor? Should I just pick a random choice out of Google?

lunge

I use Hayburn Rock in Stourbridge and they have always been good for me. Not sure if they do stuff over the phone but i don't see why they wouldn't.

teef
    Free Member

Do your own research

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coffeeking
    Free Member

I have to say I'm with teef – I saw 3 different independant whole-of-market advisors, none of them found me the best deal and all of them tried hard to sell me their favourite products, despite hours sitting with them discussing it. And some of the better deals are with companies that don't deal through brokers, I spent less time searching myself online than I spent in one of their offices.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

There's a mortgage broker on here who has previously offered his services to STWers, might be worth a search.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

That'll be BigSi

5lab

moneysavingexpert have a good guide about mortages, they reccomend one callcenter based place, and also mention there's a couple of online only places where you don't get any advice but you do get the commission

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to get mortgage advice?’ is closed to new replies.