Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Where do you get your euros?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t have the luxury of a high street to wander down and compare rates. I do have a Post Office though, and the internet. Where should I be looking?

nicky
    Free Member

Whenever I go to Ireland or France I just use the cash point, less hassle and you don’t have to carry large amounts of cash around. Depends of course where you are going I guess 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep bankmachine using my nationwide credit card …. work pays for the charges 😀 (providing im on a working trip)

personal …. i just use my nationwide debit at cash points

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m going to Portugal.

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – The PO is going to be close to other’s rates

Unless you’re buying a shed load, it’s only going to be a couple of quid difference here and there
    Not worth the hassle most of the time IMO

molgrips
    Free Member

Cash machine on arrival.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought you got stung on the exchange rates if you used your cards abroad? Or am I years behind!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Travelex – their rates are always better than the Post Office and M&S etc. Order and collect from the airport (if you’re flying out).

Other than that, debit card in the ATM when there.

iDave
    Free Member

ATM wherever I am

bazzer
    Free Member

These pre pay cards work well.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaidcards/?tab=2&p=0&keywords=euro+prepaid+cardExact&ef_id=TKWH1AqoEEQAAByw7WwAABho:20110622142435:s

Only problem is they take so long to put money on it at the airport I often can’t be bothered and get cash.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

ATM here too. I don’t think it’s worth worrying about the <10euro difference it might make if I use up a lunch break queueing at the post office or wherever.

peteimpreza

ATM in the country I am visiting.

Conveinient and no worries about carrying large amounts of cash.

jon1973
    Free Member

I thought you got stung on the exchange rates if you used your cards abroad? Or am I years behind!

CC exchange rates are pretty good in my experiance, but you will get charged for the cash transaction which is usually about £2.50 – £3 per withdrawl. With my bank, if I use my debit card, I don’t get charged to withdraw cash abroad.

jp-t853

I usually get some cash from M&S (doesn’t help you much) but I buy what I can on credit card and the rates have worked out better than getting cash in advance.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Usually 50 or so stashed in the house from the last trip then cash machine!!

tron
    Free Member

+1 for Travelex. Competitive rates if you book in advance, and you can pick it up at the airport on the way.

creamegg
    Free Member

military. current rate 1.20 on euros!

ComradeD
    Free Member

I use the Halifax Clarity Credit Card. It has no fee’s or comissions charge when using it abroad. it uses Mastercard exchange rate which is miles better. I just withdrew the cash when i was abroad and got a excellent rate

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Where do you get your euros?’ is closed to new replies.