Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • whats your phobia?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Clowns.

Seriously

My stepdaughters ex bloke was scared of clowns as well. Which was odd cos he f***ing looked like one.

scaredypants

Bigyinn
    Cotton wool

Sandra – is that you ?

grantway
    Free Member

Spiders

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Injections. So much so I actually punched a nurse who was trying to administer my measles jab at school (panic attack/fight or flight reaction – I apologised a lot afterwards) and spent the next year or so seeing a psychologist about it. It’s not the pain side of it, it’s the thought of metal under my skin. Can’t even watch Casualty if they’re sticking needles in people. Have had all my travel jabs recently and it took seriousrelaxation exercises and telling the doctor “if I pass out, just give me the damn jab while I’m unconscious”.

This.

jolly well have not punched a nurse though.

Oh, and being on the edge of steep drops. Was on a very narrow trail on Conwy Mountain a few weeks ago, on the very steep side. Kevevs merrily scuttles along it, I almost had to crawl along it to get to flatter ground. Took me ages to get over my fear of even gentle drop-ins. Also, once stayed in a flat in NY, which had floor to ceiling windows. Being right up against the window, you’re actually just right on the very ‘edge’. Ok if I looked straight ahead, but as soon as I looked down…..

nonk
    Free Member

The combination of water and darkness.

iDave
    Free Member

Offices with people and desks and chatter – horrible places

Moths

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh yeah don’t like moffs. Fascinating creatures, just not when they’re flying in me face trying to lay eggs in me eyes.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Carnies – Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

_tom_
    Free Member

Spiders
    Injections – not the pain just the thought of a needle piercing my skin then injecting some stuff.
    Not sure if this is a phobia but when I’m somewhere high and exposed (like a chairlift or something) I have this weird urge to jump. I won’t do it but there’s a weird compulsion to do it 😆

ton

skinny rat like people, who’s ribs you can see, who pick over food and have those horrible thin boney pointy shoulders.

😡

Coyote
    Free Member

Moths. Absolutely terrified of them.

derekrides
    Free Member

@philconsequence.

Never fancied a big cock then?

Drac

skinny rat like people, who’s ribs you can see, who pick over food and have those horrible thin boney pointy shoulders.

Ah Vegetarians.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Not sure if this is a phobia but when I’m somewhere high and exposed (like a chairlift or something) I have this weird urge to jump. I won’t do it but there’s a weird compulsion to do it +1

first noticed it when i worked in les gets. first noticed it on the super morzine 4 man chair.

manitou
    Free Member

Dinner parties full of middle managers dressed in chinos polo shirts with the collars turned up and timberland sailing shoes going on about their salaries rugger and asking “What are you driving these days?”

lesoxdh
    Free Member

WOOD ANTS. Long story short. Hit a tree at speed on a downhill trail. It was a KO. Woke up on a nest and covered in them. From that day they creeps me out.

juan
    Free Member

Moths and to an extend butterflies.
    Idave and coyote, you don’t know how much good it does to me to hear they freak you out as well.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Don’t really have any phobias
    Well, apart from dying

bigyinn
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

Bigyinn
    Cotton wool

Sandra – is that you ?
    IF the price is right….

lesoxdh – Member

WOOD ANTS. Long story short. Hit a tree at speed on a downhill trail. It was a KO. Woke up on a nest and covered in them. From that day they creeps me out.
    Ooooh makes me want to scratch all over. Eeeekkk

Garry_Lager

Spiders. Can deal with them outside OK-ish but inside not happy at all.

Large tropical type spider in my vicinity would seriously be a cardiac arrest job.

lostnfound
    Free Member

A bro-zilian in the changing rooms. 😯

TiRed
    Kevevs
    Free Member

Unexpected chewy gristly bits on meat in stews/curries etc. Speshly if I’ve cooked it myself! It’s not really a phobia, but I DO NOT LIKE IT.

oh, and public speaking in front of loads of people. Freaks me right out. No probs with a few people. Just when there’s loads.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘whats your phobia?’ is closed to new replies.