Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • What’s your favourite…
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

…local food?
    Mine has to be Cumberland sausage.
    I also love Grasmere Gingerbread, but hate sticky toffee pudding, which is made up the road in Cartmel.
    So what’s local to you, and what do you love?

TheSanityAssassin

Local food?

In Huddersfield?

Gotta be a nice curry then…

sharki
    Free Member

cider

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Bunnyhop

An elderly couple produced local honey.
    Last year I found out that the chap had died, so sad, so his wife decided to stop. Also there has been a honey drought in Britain as a whole.
    I miss it on my hot buttered toast and in porridge. The supermarket stuff doesn’t taste as yummy.

soma_rich
    Free Member

My local butcher does some stunning sausages.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Sinnington strawberries.
    The best I’ve tasted, and I work in the fruit and veg trade where we sell tons of the feckers.

slimtubing
    Free Member

ponsonby pies.

mboy
    Free Member

Can’t stand Worcester Sauce funnily enough! Passed the Lea & Perrins Factory on my way to school every day for about 5 years when I was in my teens, and it used to make me Gag going past it!

lister

can we include drink?

Talisker

food? Stotties 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’m not sure Glasgow has a local delicacy, unless you count all manner of deep fried awfulness. Pizza in batter anyone?!?

Filthy
    Free Member
    peteimpreza

[pedant mode] It’s Worcestershire Source, Wylds lanes finest[end pedant mode]

From my home town the afore mentioned sauce.

From where I live now the various cuts of Gloucester Old Spot.

Beer from the Cotswold Spring Brewery.

Beer

Hairychested
    Free Member

mema
    Free Member

Tunnocks caramel logs from Uddingston (just ouside glasgow) yummy!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Well, if we are counting drinks,

Stu

Keeping with the Glasgow theme… 😉

mrmojo
    Free Member

Deep fried mars bar or maybe deep fried pizza. :mrgreen:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Good Lord, where do I start?!?

There’s a veritable cornucopia of cuisine from all corners of the Globe, to be found near where I live. Spose the East End is most famous for it’s curry houses, these days. Alternatively, I live a spit from Billingsgate Fish Market, but I never get up early enough to actually go and buy owt!

On Saturday, I had some fantastic Caribbean grub, then later on, fish and chips in a riverside pub. And some fantastic locally-brewed beer.

Spoiled for choice, for sure!

TheSanityAssassin

Having thought a bit harder, A.R. Jones’ Cheese and Onion Pasties are the Daddy of their genre.

Free Member

Hendersons Relish – none of that ‘other’ rubbish thank you.
    Pale Rider – Kelham Island brewery, a lovely pint indeed.

As a child, I remember having a dish known as ‘modge and chips’ which was left over meat and ‘tater pie, put back in a large pan and the gravy added to it, and a shed load of hendersons relish. Served with a copious quantity of home made chips cooked in beef dripping in t’ chip pan.

I know of no one else who has ever heard of that, but not sure whether its downright weirdness or what.

jt

Philby

Pieminister Pies in Brizzle, washed down with a pint or two of Butcombe Beer or Thatchers Cider.

Guilliano
    Free Member

Nothing local in Bedfordshire…..

I grew up on lancashire hot pot, meat and tattie pie and anything else my parents could find from oop north

paul
    Free Member

Fish and Chips from cleethorpes

gringerd
    Free Member

Bondgate bakery in Otley do wonderful Breadcake.

Buffalo burgers from the Plains of Northallerton.
    Ewes milk Wensleydale cheese

Copper Dragon Golden Pippen.

juan
    Free Member

socca

darrell
    Free Member

Reindeer fillets

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Olde Garstang sausages.

montylikesbeer

R.S Ireland Black Puddings made in the Rossendale Valley and The best

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In that London’s Famous London, I’d say it’s the fine beers from Meantime in Greenwhich. Lovely, lovely beer.

On the rural front, I’d say that it’s Test Trout, Robinson’s bacon, anything I’ve bagged myself (Rabbit, pigeon, pheasant etc), Hop Back and Stonehenge beers and of course, all that lovely watercress….yum!

heresjonny
    Free Member

speldhurst sausage lovely bit of meat

heresjonny
    Free Member

Oh and Larkins beer, brewery is half a mile away from my house.

twinklydave

well, if drink is included in this then some lovely local(ish) booze from the bowland brewery always goes down well

there’s a local cheese maker out in the same countryside that makes chili-con-cheddar which is damn tasty too. many times the old camelback as returned from a ride stuffed with cheesy goodness 😀

jimster
    Free Member

Only local food from these parts is Worcestershire Sauce – so….cheese on toast. 😆

Washed down by a pint of Black Pear. 😉

robbo1234biking

Ill second the Grasmere Gingerbread even though im not a local – whenever we head that way have to pick some up! My sister is having some as her wedding favours!

As far as kent goes – has to be Spitfire!

Muke
    Free Member

for

Pigface
    Free Member

Lavabread the Gowers finest from Penclawd just cant get it here in Saesland.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m not sure Glasgow has a local delicacy, unless you count all manner of deep fried awfulness. Pizza in batter anyone?!? So what Glasgow chippy sells pizza in batter then. I think you mean deep fried pizza, which is just a normal pizza cooked in the deep fat fryer. It isn’t battered.

Anyway – devon cider, Arbroath smokies, just about any local pasty and pie I’ve tried from Cornwall to Auchterarder.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Haze

Bathams

domino

Where I live now – Stanforths Pork Pies in Skipton, warm so the juice drips down your chin.

From growing up – I had a Ye Olde Pastie shop pastie the other day and they were much saltier that I remember but still a Bolton culinery institution.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘What’s your favourite…’ is closed to new replies.