Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What to wear for an interview.
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

“a friend” has an interview next week his first in ten years. Is it still suit, haircut and polished shoes or have things relaxed a little?

CaptJon
    Free Member

What is the job?

_tom_
    Free Member

I always used to go in a suit etc but last time I asked what the dress code is when I get the call, maybe just coincidence but I got that job.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

I don’t think you can go wrong wearing a suit and tie. It’s better to be overdressed than under-dressed.

Cougar

Suit for a job interview, even if the dress code in the office is jeans and t-shirts. Unless you don’t want the job. Anything else says “actually, I really don’t give a toss.”

zippykona

When we needed a junior in the workshop (spraying,so a mucky job) the one who turned up in a suit got the job. He turned out to be a total pothead who never turned up.
    Wearing a suit shows respect to the interviewers and that you can make an effort.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Pajamas are all the rage for dhss interviews in Dublin

Mantastic
    Free Member

Just wear some pretty pink panties and a basque

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I work at a company who has a very casual dress code, but I still prefer people to turn up to an interview in a suit and tie. However I have offered jobs to people who ditched the tie and jacket.

The few that have turned up in jeans, trainers, and baseball caps have never impressed and usually have something else very wrong as well as showing no respect.

I would wear a suit and tie and ask when you get there if you can take the jacket off if it is warm (feeling uncomfortable in an interview is never great).

tomhoward

Clothes, definitely clothes….

I’d always go for a suit.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just not a birthday suit.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Yep as said get the suit on. I actually think I went to smart for an interview recently. Think the winter jacket was too expensive looking. Looked a bit like Russian or east end mafia… But suit is best even if the dress code at the job is not so formal.

brakes
    Free Member

wear a dark plain suit, navy or dark grey.
    crisp white shirt.
    plain tie or one with a basic diagonal stripe.
    polished, but not patent, black leather shoes.
    black socks.
    stockings and suspenders on underneath to give you that ‘edge’.

LeeW

I’ve got some lucky pants if you want to borrow them, every one who’s used them has got the job they were going for.

Junkyard
    Free Member

suit + tie it is safe and will never go against you at the interview anything else might

_tom_
    Free Member

It’s better to be overdressed than under-dressed.

Not always. My mate asked for an interview dress code and they said wear something like smart jeans + polo shirt, as they won’t consider someone who comes in fully suited up. Seems a bit daft to me but the tv industry can be full of **** like that 😆

BoardinBob

Suit. If a candidate needed to ask, it’s an immediate black mark against them as far as I’m concerned.

I’ve seen some howlers when I’ve interviewed people. It’s quite mind boggling that people don’t realise a suit is essential. As above, a suit will never count against you.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Yep, suit all the way. I’ve never actually worn a suit to work in my life and I’ve often been interviewed by people who see me every day in T-shirt and combats, but it shows you’re taking it seriously. Certainly doesn’t hurt.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Overwhelming call for a suit then perhaps with some La Senza undies.

A guy turned up at our company for an electrician post wearing a vest and black leather “jeans.” No shit and he got the job! He was sacked after a few months for doing some horrendously dangerous wiring job on 415V plant and for throwing his pager (remember them?) against a wall, smashing it pieces. Nob.

donsimon
    Free Member

I wear a suit for work. Go figure.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What to wear for an interview.’ is closed to new replies.