Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 190 total)
  • What speakers do you have?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just sold my Tannoy 633 that I’ve had for about ten years and go some Cerwin-Vega E-710. OK so they’re nowhere near audiophile quality but I’m blown away by how good they sound to me. Going through all my favourite “test a new system” tunes and they all sound fab . just interested in what other people have.

chilled76
    Free Member

Tannoy DC6TSE

kraken2345
    Free Member

B&W 685’s, likely getting an Arcam A19 hooked up to ’em soon

MrSmith
    Free Member

Leema Accoustics Xero. small but big sounding stand mounters designed and made in Wales by a couple of ex BBC engineers. i like them and cant see a reason to change.

chakaping
    Free Member

Still using the Mission bookshelf speakers I bought as a student in the 1990s. Possibly 751s.

Never felt the need to get something bigger/more expensive.

stevied
    Free Member

Some Mordaunt Short bookshelf jobbies I got from RS many years ago, still going strong.

DezB
    Free Member

B&W DM601 S2s off ebay. They look great. Wish my neighbour would sod off on holiday so I can try em out properly!

footflaps

Mordaunt Short MS-15s circa 1987, still sound most excellent.

the-muffin-man

An old pair of Mission 700s like these…

richmtb

B&W CDM7’s

Had them for 20 years still sound great

Sundayjumper

Possibly 751s. Never felt the need to get something bigger/more expensive.

Wait until the cones go brittle and fall apart. I had some 733s that I really liked. Until the cones fell apart 🙁

Ended up with Monitor Audio in-ceiling speakers in the lounge now as there’s no space for floorstanders any more. Not hugely impressed with them tbh.

Pierre

Bose Acoustimass 5s from the mid-to-late-90s, given to me by my father-in-law about 15 years ago. They’re not super-audiophile but they’re clear and sound good across the range and the sub is punchy and sounds good when hidden away and seems to have a well-tuned crossover. They work well with my Cambridge Audio amp.

This thread has reminded me that sometimes I like just listening to music – I so rarely get the chance these days, but wife and son are away this weekend, so it looks like I might have time!

somafunk

KRK Rokit 5’s and KRK 10 subwoofer with Cambridge Audio DacMagic plus, not fancy but sounds good enough for my ears.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wait until the cones go brittle and fall apart. I had some 733s that I really liked. Until the cones fell apart

Well at least mine will have had a good innings.

Yak

Celestion F1s from my post-grad days. Still seem good enough.

TheFlyingOx

Kef Q5, connected to a CA Topaz AM10 v2 at the moment. Probably overkill for the small study they’re in, but they sound ace to me.

wilburt
    Free Member

I have some Ruarks which are about 15yrs old now and out of production but look and sound beautiful.

Klunk
    Free Member

AE Aegis (the ones with alloy cones) floor standers and center with some small wharfedale surrounds. And Some AE Aegis bookcase speakers in the office.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Erm, quite a few:

Naim S600 Ovator
    Naim IBL
    Naim SBL

And some Focal Dome Flax which will go home today for a home cinema setup. Still need a centre for that 😳

To be fair, IBLs and SBLs are in the loft.

Nico
    Free Member

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’m using a recently acquired pair of Bang & Olufsen Beovox S120s, which I had to replace the woofer foams on. I’m not wholly convinced by their low-mid detail, but otherwise a very nice sound through a fairly cheap Onkyo amp. The ‘B’ speakers in the other room are old Mordaunt Short M10s, which I love to bits – fantastic little monitors.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Re: b&w

There’s a guy near me selling a pair of 602s, pair of 601s, centre and amp for a decent price. Really love the look and sound I just can’t get more kit past the missus. Like bikes, hifi is n+1 for me. Even got some wee mission m30i and Onkyo mini system in the kitchen.

After a good couple of hours rocking the cerwins I realised I had my amp set to “small” fronts. Changed to large and jeeeeeesus they ain’t subtle.

mudshark
    Free Member

To be fair, IBLs and SBLs are in the loft.

That just isn’t right.

I’ve had my Kef 104/2s for 20 years – the amp and CD has been changed a number of times. Thinking of changing now though – to something from Kudos maybe

Milkie
    Free Member

Probably totally irreverent to what you will be using them for..

Mackie SRM450’s matched to a Peavey amp or a Rotel if in the spare room.
    & Adam A3x Active Speakers

I think in the living room there are a pair of 3 way floorstanders that are well over 10 years old.. Recently re-coned my Kenwood active sub which definitely helps the floor standers.

Loved the sound of the B&W 601’s hooked up to the Rotel or Citrus amp, very neutral sound.

RustySpanner

Tannoy DC6T’s, £249 from Richer Sounds a couple of years ago.
    Very happy with them on the end of a Marantz PM66KI amp.

Pair of Monitor Audio RS2’s in the main downstairs room, hooked up to a Denon Micro.

the-muffin-man – Member
    An old pair of Mission 700s like these…

Wish I’d never sold mine, they’re brilliant for such an unassuming pair of speakers.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Audio Physic Spark MK1 – Really love them, very tricky bass units and only 3 crossover components per speaker make for a very direct sound, had them a while now and no need or desire to change. Might get a new amp tho I fancy another go with some valves.

simon_g

Still using the Mission 731s that I bought nearly 20 years ago.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s on stands with SW150 sub.

nicko74

Kef Q1, bought with NAD separates, and retained when the NADs were swapped for an Arcam Solo. Still sound good and don’t look quite as rectilinear as some speakers out there.

Keva
    Free Member

I have some Ruarks which are about 15yrs old now and out of production but look and sound beautiful.

same as, I’ve had my fantastic little Ruark Epilogues for about 17yrs. Love them.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Audio Physic Spark MK1

nice. i like the open stands and tilted back thing they did.
    i demoed a pair many years ago and they were ‘on the list’

edit: it was the Step not the Spark, still nice speakers though

Torminalis
    Free Member

&

wilburt
    Free Member

Yep same model in Ruarks only mine are rosewood.

michaelbowden

Two pairs of Ruarks both in rosewood

Crusaders and Sabre’s

soundninjauk

A set of PMC nearfield monitors (can’t remember the model and they don’t sell them anymore) on the computer, and an Onkyo HTX 2.1 jobby on the TV.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

20 year old B&W DM303s hooked up to an old TEAC reference 300 system of the same age. Good enough for me, because I’m not a hi-fi nut.

plyphon
    Free Member

KRKs.

Cheap and go untz untz untz. That may or may not be what you’re after.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m not wholly convinced by their low-mid detail, but otherwise a very nice sound through a fairly cheap Onkyo amp.

I can’t stop thinking how this man is suffering so. It’s put a big fat shadow over my weekend.

I’m easily pleased. A pair of bookshelf Gale hooked up to a Denon micro.
    Less than £250 and good enough.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Set of Audikrons that are about 25yrs old.
    Still will make the walls bend even now 8)

thorpie
    Free Member

Dali Zensor 5’s hooked up to an Onkyo amp.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 190 total)

The topic ‘What speakers do you have?’ is closed to new replies.