• This topic has 86 replies, 81 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • what saddles do you use
  • deviant
    Free Member

Charge Spoon on the MTB.

CSN Superleggera on the road bike.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Prologo Nagos on the road bikes.
    Adamo on the TT bike
    Whatever I have spare on mtb, used spoons and SLRs

Slogo
    Free Member

SDG bel air.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Fizik Gobi 00

xiphon
    Free Member

Funn Skinny RL – don’t know why, but my backside seems to get on with the hard saddle.

kristoff
    Free Member

Charge spoon on the HT and a scoop on the FS.

I will be swapping the spoon for another scoop when the time comes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Graphtech. Good for your nuts too.

bruders338
    Free Member

The popular Charge spoon for MTB and a prologo scratch pro for the roadie

skinnysteel
    Free Member

2 x WTB SSTi’s & 1 Rocket V

_tom_
    Free Member

Stock cannondale one on my road bike, seems comfy enough. Charge spoon on my fs and a specialized bg avatar on my ht. The spesh is definitely they comfiest and I should probably get the road version for my roadie tbh..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Got a fizik tundra 2 on one bike, a SDG duster on another and Madison flux on another, they’re all good

sparkyrhino

sdg bel air,nukeproof plasma and a charge scoop.all 3 very comfy in there own ways,only gripe with the scoop when on the nose climbing,the stiff underside chaffs a little,but still playing with position

duir
    Free Member

Trying one of these Madison Flux £17.99 on ebay jobs at the moment. I think it’s essentially a Charge Spoon but a bit cheaper. Usually use SDG Bel Air (cromo because the ti rails creak badly) which are comfy but they just fall apart, either the stitching/material fails or as on my latest one the plastic bits underneath came apart.

First ride yesterday and as per usual with every saddle I ride, after a few hours it cripples my arse and gives me numbness. Tilted the nose down and moved saddle forward for today’s ride and it felt miles more comfortable. Always worth playing with saddle position as it has a big impact on comfort. Fairly impressed with the flux for saddle under £20 and it looks quite well made and they do a few colors.

I had the misfortune to be mis-sold a ridiculously expensive Fizik Gobi XM a few years ago. Apart from it being like sitting on a razor blade, one of the rails snapped clean in half mid ride. Fizik got really snotty about the warranty and claimed it had not been mounted correctly which was utter nonsense as you could clearly see where it had been clamped within the marked area. They finally sent a replacement which after 2 rides promptly snapped in exactly the same area on the rail despite me mounting it right in the middle of the marked area. Had a real nightmare getting another on warranty but when the second one finally arrived I sold it to a 9 stone carbon XC freak which is all they are good for.

These days I just can’t see the point of paying an absolute fortune for a saddle so the cheapest you can get away with is probably best.

zerocool

Used to be Bel Airs (I-beam if possible), but now running Pro Atherton DH saddles on all bikes (MTB, BMX and Road bike) Comfy, light, strong, scuff resistant, look good and suits my arse.

I loved it on my MTB and UK Bike store had them really cheap before xmas so upgraded all my other bikes.

Tom KP

tomtomthepipersson

Charge Spoon x3.

Just seems to fit, perfectly.

joolsburger
    Free Member

WTB Silverado, tried a Spoon and it was painful.

stanfree
    Free Member

Road bike , San Marco Ponza
    Hardtail , Madison Flux
    Full Suss , SDG Bel Air.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Spoons x3

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Full suss, Fizik Tundra 2,Hardtail,Fizik Gobi, Road bike, Fizik Arione.

jameso

Charge Knives, perfect for my case-hardened derriere. And a Ragley one because it was cheap, which tbh feels much the same to me.

Velo VL-1200 – also Madison Prime, (older?) Genesis road saddles etc
    http://www.velosaddles.com/en/brands/senso/senso/browse/0/product/miles-1200-1.html

Trying one of these Madison Flux £17.99 on ebay jobs at the moment. I think it’s essentially a Charge Spoon but a bit cheaper.

Velo VL-1205. Loads of bikes. Not on that site oddly as it’s likely to be their best seller.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-great-saddle-conspiracy-theory

There’s no magician’s code being broken here, just useful info if you want to find a comfy saddle and like one of the Velo OE shapes. They make good stuff for a lot of other saddle brands, the Merida/Giant of the saddle world really.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

looked at the flux’es are they what they say better than spoon’s

edhornby

I’ve switched from spoons to the ragley one, principally cos the spoon has stiching that tears through the shorts

number18
    Free Member

Charge Spoon, used it for the first time today and it’s perfect for me.

rocketman
    Free Member

Spoon for cant-go-wrong vfm but I love SLRs. Chromag Trailmaster on the big bike which suits it and a Charge Scoop on the Cannondale. Race Face Atlas on the Ramones which is my favourite ever so far – an off-road SLR

tomhoward

SDG bel air on the mtbs, Bontrager affinity on the roadies and a black one on the cruiser.

theraggyone
    Free Member

Was using a spoon but just swapped to a raceface atlas which is basicly a sdg ti fly ,it suits my narrow sit bones better than the spoon so im finding it slightly more comfy even though its a harder saddle:) not that the spoon was bad it was comfy on shorter rides.

hatter

San Marco concor protek… Just to be different

TiRed

Fizik Arione, Flite Ti, Brooks B17. The Flite is still the most TiRed-ar*ed-shaped saddle available. On or off road. But the Arione looks better 😉

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Flite on my road bike. B17 on my touring bike. Whatever Orange put on my MTB.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

SLR Flow just got it very comfy and light

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

WTB Silverado, tried a Spoon and it was painful.

This. liked the shape of the Spoon but a bit too rigid and unforgiving for me. Silverados have a more flexible shell (with a couple of cut-outs) and work for me all day long.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

got a second hand spoon off the bay .so nothing to loose if it ‘s no good for me.

gonzy
    Free Member

currently running between 2 WTB Rocket V’s and a Fizik Nisene. they’re good but not as good as the SDG Bel Air i had. will soon be getting another Bel Air.

jekkyl

wtb rocket V here as well, never ever had any of the sore arse problems that people moan about, the saddle might be great or I might have a particularly hardy and resilient arse.

gonzy
    Free Member

Jekkyl – stabbed/killed any more mice? 😀 someone with a rat problem has started a thread and may need your help…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not a fan of the Spoon myself, I find it too wide and squishy. I have one on the NEw because it’s cheap and I won’t cry when it breaks (it’s a first bike used for jumps etc).

I have a Knife on my main bike abd it’s more comfortable but not very well made. The rails creak like crazy and the first one split for no apparent reason.

My favourite saddle that I’ve had was my I-Fly which I found really comfortable despite being very narrow and hard. It was also hard wearing. Changing to a dropper post meant that I had to ditch it. I’m going to try a Ti-Fly next.

chrishc777
    Free Member

2 charge spoons and a bonedge ti. plus a soft gt one on the ss

cardo

2 x SDG Bel Air on the FS and hardtail.

Big birthday pressie to me so treated myself to a Brooks Cambium on the SS, looks lovely and is damn comfortable.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

SDG Bel Air on MTB, ‘cross and road bike (titanium rails on the road bike, mainly because it was cheap at OnOne).

Comfy for me

core

Spoon and a Madison flux (same thing) on my 2 bikes, lard arse (ish) find them comfortable.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘what saddles do you use’ is closed to new replies.