Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What pressure washer? (dull, sorry)
  • finbar
    Free Member

I thought Karcher were supposed to be the best but pootling round on the web there seems to be a lot of bad reviews. Are Bosch any good? Any others to consider?

It'll be for cleaning patios and stuff like that.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Spent ages looking and went for Halfords own one – top end HP2800 with 125bar so pretty much industrial power – £150 (half price). They have lower powered versions too.

Mines been very reliable.

Hohum
    Free Member

I previously owned a Bosch and it lasted 7 years.

Now I have a Nilfisk, which is pretty good IMO.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I'd judge each model on it's merits – all make cr4p ones (especially Karcher) but most also make decent ones.

You won't need mega power to do patios and stuff. You do need a fair bit for cleaning awkward car alloys IMO!

Hohum
    Free Member

In terms of reliability I think it is the ones that have metal innards in the compressor have much better long term reliability than the ones with plastic innards.

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks all, good advice. I don't want to spend more than £150 but i can see myself being sucked into an arms race of power… 😆

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Finbar – you'll struggle the beat the Halfords one then.

125bar, every accessory under the sun, "properly" made out of decent metal parts, high water volume rate. I got one then a couple of relatives bought one too!

Pressure innit

jp-t853

Most Karchers have plastic internals, the Nilfisk models have metal pumps and seem to be more reliable.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-Accessory-Pressure-Washer-1700W/dp/B003M8H6U4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1281734244&sr=1-1-spell

I got a Nilfisk C-120 from Amazon just before Xmas. Cost £110 i think with all sorts of attachments for patio's etc. Really pleased with it and a good piece of kit. Would happily recommend it.

Edric64
    Free Member

http://www.kranzle.co.uk/index.php?page=powerpack

These are great expensive but great mine cost 300 quid trade about 10 years ago

Edric64
    Free Member

now £ 589 + vat 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What pressure washer? (dull, sorry)’ is closed to new replies.