Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What is the longest thread so far on STW?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Just looking at this Lee Anderson diatribe and wondering whether at 700+ posts it qualifies as the longest (if not the least meaningful) thread ever on STW.

druidh
    Free Member

Jojo’s photo thread?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Long/meaningful threads I’ve started were the Utility Bike and Cold War aeroplane ones. Both ran pretty long!

BigDummy
    Free Member

The genius of the Lee Anderson thread is that it is self-renewing. It was flagging a bit the other night, then Simon Ralli wandered in pissed looking for the ostriches, and it perked up. Then there was the Monday morning news updates. Then Alpin went completely loco, and now Hora has had his tail tweaked until he is banging his head against his keyboard.

At some point this afternoon it will probably need another shot in the arm, but I’m sure we can think of something. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Simon Ralli wandered in pissed looking for the ostriches

*feels bad for not havinlg looked at the thread now…*

coffeeking
    Free Member

Clearly the mugshots one, it was 10+ pages wasnt it?

druidh
    Free Member
    BigDummy
    Free Member

Are there any deranged egos, nipple-tassles or animals on the mugshots one?

I haven’t really looked at it, as I assumed it was basically just bad pictures of middle-aged men. 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well yes indeed. It’s a shame there isnt a window of opportunity to edit when you wake up in the morning huh? I did actually trawl through the whole thread again to read the original bit about the video and then I realised the error of my ways.

Bunnyhop

BigDummy-there are indeed lots of hairy, balding, middle aged men starting to get a paunch on that thread. Hiding inbetween are some stunning Women.

It’s good though to put names to faces.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Longest thread? MINE!MINE! MINE!!MINE!!! MINE!!!!

*jumps up and down with her hand in the air*

It’s been my proudest achievement. 😉

Houns

Yeah but at least 50% of the posts on that thread are of Juan posting pictures of himself, then 30% are of SFB droning on/perving, the remaining 20% are normal posts

Pfhhh and no its isn’t because you beat mine 😡

radler
    Free Member

and how old are you jojo….? your greatest achievement?

nickc

Yeah but at least 50% of the posts on that thread are of Juan posting pictures of himself, then 30% are of SFB droning on/perving, the remaining 20% are normal posts

This is true of nearly every thread though, surely?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

radler – Member

Well into middle age by now 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

radler – Member

I shall be 40 in August. I’ve had a misspent life.

I may also have not been being entirely serious about it being my greatest achievement. 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Never mind Jo – you are prettier, quicker and younger than me. Bastart!

hora
    Free Member

Not the longest (but long) was the oneeyedwilly ‘Ive just caught a burglar inside my house’. That was comedy classic- there were 3 threads within one all running parallel and crossing at various points. Lost forever though, mods can you resurrect? I was on the ropes taking a pounding then someone else would come along with a comedy line and I’d be a giggling wreck 😆 8)

geetee1972
    Free Member

OK seriously, the great and the good at Single Track World are missing a trick here because for sure this forum would be a publishers wet dream. I’m thinking a book – ‘The 100 Greatest STW Threads’. Seriously, we could all get a share in the profits!

Think about it, how funny are some of the threads and comments that get made here, I mean there really is some exceptional wit and humour. The Mornington Crescent threads alone would be worth publishing.

juan
    Free Member

Don’t forget to mention the picolax thread…

hora
    Free Member

Oh my, there is actually a ‘Dick Stryker’ http://fchs57.com/id50.htm

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’m sorry but I just don’t get those Mornington Crescent threads. Are those those ones with the tube stations? Just seems to be people posting random tube stations. I don’t get the rules, or if someone created the game years ago and now they are not telling you the “rules” like it’s some kind of train-spotting fight club clique, or if in fact the in-joke is that there are no rules. Sorry but it’s just a bit rubbish in my mind and i don’t get them.

nickc

or if in fact the in-joke is that there are no rules.

Yep, they are made up as you go along. It’s just for giggles. It makes a nice change every now and then in between the vitriol, you know? 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Simon – go onto Wikipedia and look up ‘Mornington Crescent’. It was a game made popular by the Radio 4 comedy programme ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue’. The whole premise is a game without any written rules, you just make it up as you go along, the idea being that you present the facade of there being a deep and complex strategy to the uninitiated, sort of like Bridge really.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What is the longest thread so far on STW?’ is closed to new replies.