Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,006 total)
  • Well scotland didnt get independance, thread
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Come on Ben that lad in the blue coat is pointing with his finger that’s not a Nazi Salute. Your seeing what you want to see.

Go look at other pics – quite a few of them.

molgrips
    Free Member

They made rash promises to secure a No vote. we said that they were rash promises that they wouldn’t keep. We were told that they were real and serious this time. We said pull the other one. We were told that there was a proper timetable agreed by all parties.

As I’m sure I’ll have to say many times: we told you so.

They’ve wriggled on a minor point of timescales. I won’t accept “I told you so” until two years have passed and no progress has been made.

As I said – things can be delayed, but they can still be delivered. I’m glad you’re not my project manager.

bencooper
    Free Member

Oh, I give up.

grum
    Free Member

I’m not bitter, I’m shocked and deeply saddened – partly by the No result of course, but mostly by this cancer in our society. It’s a problem for everyone, but to try to pretend that they’re not No supporters is just ridiculous.

Lucky no-one’s done that then. 🙄

There are many good, decent No voters, but some aren’t, and the worst of them are far, far worse than the occasional egg thrower in the Yes camp.

This is just cretinous selective nonsense. Suggesting that the worst Yes supporters have done is throw eggs is patently bullshit and just shows up how biased you are.

Yes sectarian idiots are idiots – there are plenty on your ‘side’ too.

Oh, I give up.

Probably best that you do because your arguments are indefensible. It just comes back to your basic theme of ‘we’re better than them and we only lost because people are thick’.

athgray
    Free Member

I have always said that there is a cancer in Scotland, particularly the West Coast that is I suppose you could call religious bigotry. I also said that this is a problem for Scotland whatever the outcome. This cancer would not have dissapated on the day of the result if it had gone the other way.
    This result was decided by millions of reasonable voters.

bearGrease

Not sure if you’re naive or trolling.

Has Salmond gifted you his SNP debating manual on his clear out of Bute House?

GrahamS

the occasional egg thrower in the Yes camp.

That’s more than a little blinkered Ben. What about the Yes campaigners smashing up the No signs, physically threatening No campaigners, daubing graffiti and even calling in bomb threats?

Both sides have their share of nutters.

What we should remember is that in many other parts of the world this whole process would and could only happen via a full on civil war. The fact that we can manage it without any loss of life (touch wood) is testament to our countries and their people.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’ve wriggled on a minor point of timescales. I won’t accept “I told you so” until two years have passed and no progress has been made.

As I said – things can be delayed, but they can still be delivered. I’m glad you’re not my project manager.

Minor – they have failed the very first step of the project – its hardly confidence inspiring
    In PM terms everyone failed to turn up for a meeting that was never held to decide a timescale for the project we are all working on
    Its pretty bad tbh.

I cannot decide if you are hopelessly naive or childishly optimistic

I am hopeful they will deliver but not expectant

bearGrease

This shows what Salmond’s attitude is to a free press.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ben, just watched CH4 news (+1) and the live pictures from the square were unsurprisingly very different from the RT ones you chose to select as was the commentary.

Are CH4 absurdly biased too? Should we all convert to RT?

Oh, I give up.

Is the correct answer. Don’t forget us no-ers have a tendency to check the facts!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Along with The Telegraph, journalists from the Daily Mail and the Daily Express were also not invited.

Yes only AS dislikes that cadre 🙄
    He berated the BBC, accused them of bias and argued with them but they attended DM links are banned here etc

Mleh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes only AS dislikes that cadre

Selective quoting there, Junky!

The Guardian did not send a reporter after the First Minister’s office attempted to nominate which reporter could be sent.

rene59
    Free Member

Ben, just watched CH4 news (+1) and the live pictures from the square were unsurprisingly very different from the RT ones you chose to select as was the commentary.

Are CH4 absurdly biased too? Should we all convert to RT?

You will not see much of them in George Square now, they have moved into Buchanan Street. It has turned even more nasty with punches thrown, charging at people , bottles thrown. Not just Glasgow either, smaller scale in surrounding areas. The organisation these thugs are associated with were registered with the Electoral Commission as a No campaigner.

Why full scale not shown in live picture? Don’t know, you tell me. Perhaps an egg and some graffiti has previously used up all the bandwith.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He leaves the stage in the same manner as he tried to control it – bluffing, bullying and blustering. How very appropriate.

What’s happened in Buchanan Street? Has Farrage turned up?!?

piemonster

Whoever they are, whatever they are doing. They are not representative of No voters.

Northwind

piemonster – Member

Whoever they are, whatever they are doing. They are not representative of No voters.

Absolutely- anyone who thinks otherwise is a prick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Edit – Northwind put it far better!*

Absolutely- anyone who thinks otherwise is a prick.

*Applauds*

rene59
    Free Member

Not suggesting that they are, just trying to point out the difference in the coverage and slant put on it.

bearnecessities

I can’t take it any longer!!!

It’s independence!

Edit: HAVE SOMe BADLY eXECuTED CApS LOCK AS wELl

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bear, multiple exclamation marks there are rather ruining your point, old chap.

😉

piemonster

I’d be very, very wary of Russian state owned medias portrayal of anything in the West.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d be very, very wary of Russian state owned medias portrayal of anything in the West.

FTFY

bearGrease

The only campaign signs I’ve seen vandalised were No ones. “Traitor” and “Scum” were what the Yes vandals chose as a riposte to the right to express one’s political opinion.

My colleague was accused of looking “guilty” by a Yes canvasser when she left her polling station.

At least Theresa May will be pleased that the SNP have been doing their best to earn the epithet of the “nasty party”.

bearGrease

On a lighter note I hugged and kissed my wife (over our porridge) when we heard the news this morning that Scotland has seen sense.

My disenfranchised father just told me he cried for joy when he heard. He also told me that he hasn’t slept properly for days for the worry of his homeland turning it’s back on our neighbours and friends.

piemonster

The only campaign signs I’ve seen vandalised were No ones. “Traitor” and “Scum” were what the Yes vandals chose as a riposte to the right to express one’s political opinion.

Doesn’t take too many bampots to spray paint a sign, although the traitor watch thing is disturbing. I wonder what the SnG forum is like.

seosamh77
    Free Member

way to celebrate the union! riot! that’s your allies folks, the orange vermin currently tearing up glasgow. 🙄

The toon has been very chilled all week and even at 5pm today when I passed through, orange mob turn up annnddd….

…well, I’ll let you ask the people or manchester about their experiences.

athgray
    Free Member

In all fairness, in the last couple of weeks I have seen equal defacing pf signs which is deeply regrettable.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Scottish Defence League apparently.

Northwind

bearGrease – Member

The only campaign signs I’ve seen vandalised were No ones.

I’ve seen both. But very little of either really.

piemonster

On a lighter note I hugged and kissed my wife (over our porridge) when we heard the news this morning that Scotland has seen sense.

My disenfranchised father just told me he cried for joy when he heard. He also told me that he hasn’t slept properly for days for the worry of his homeland turning it’s back on our neighbours and friends.

Quite.

I’m in a bit of a weird position, I’ve friends on both sides that are absolutely gutted by the referendum. Even on the side that “won” I want them all to get the world they want to live in. 😐

seosamh77
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Scottish Defence League apparently.

they’re one and the same.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What is Traitor Watch may I ask?

piemonster
    athgray
    Free Member

seosamh. These idiots are your and my countrymen and women. WE ALL have to deal with this problem.

ninfan
    Free Member

Point of order – isn’t the Nazi saluting a specific reference to the SNP’s history, ie. Arthur Donaldson…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Thanks piemonster.

seosamh77
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    seosamh. These idiots are your and my countrymen and women. WE ALL have to deal with this problem.

Trust me, I know only too well. I’ve been the target of their hate my entire existance.

That’s the only legacy that will come from this no vote, an organisation that was dying on it’s arse, the orange order, has been given the ultimate lifeline.

It’s **** ing tragic.

Don’t expect any headlines tomorrow, it’ll get swept under the carpet as per.

rene59
    Free Member

Point of order – isn’t the Nazi saluting a specific reference to the SNP’s history, ie. Arthur Donaldson…

No it is not. Do you even really need to ask?

OmarLittle
    Free Member

The Russian state owned media was just a youtube webcam feed of George Square there isnt any commentary or editorial on it and the photo that was posted is a screengrab from that. For some of us we live here and have experienced what the mood in the city has been the last week and what its like now – its not some distant news event that we are only seeing threw the prism of the media.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIN7UAfLBo[/video]

Much was made of the grafitti outside the polling station – Absolutely no excuses for that, it just shouldnt be happening. However throughout the day and particularly into the evening outside another polling station (just off Paisley Road West – less than half a mile away from BBC Scotland headquarters) there were dozens of “better together” supporters outside the orange hall that is next to the polling station entrance and police were needed to keep them in check from threatening voters. That is much more serious case of intimidation than a bit of grafitti that virtually no-one would have seen because it was painted over as soon as it was discovered. No coverage at all of this on the news though. Not even on Russia Today!

bloodynora
    Free Member

Ah yes Manchester, you mean the city your sinnfein/ira supporting brethren bombed to smithereens and maimed hundreds, seowhateveryournameis?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,006 total)

The topic ‘Well scotland didnt get independance, thread’ is closed to new replies.