Viewing 6 posts - 1,001 through 1,006 (of 1,006 total)
  • Well scotland didnt get independance, thread
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    The pedant in me wants to correct people on facebook from ‘the 45’ to the ‘the 37.8’ ish.

It’s actually an important point, at the moment there’s a lot of anger and blame directed outward, which is correct to a point. But, and maybe it’s just a little bit too early at the moment, but there’s needs to be an introspective look as to why it didn’t happen, rather than retype, i’ll just paste my thoughts from elsewhere.

Well if you look at holyrood. You can say its not far off 50/50 unionist/pro Indy. It slightly favours pro Indy at the moment. So take the over all campaign and the biased media effect and you end up with around 45% yes.

I think there’s a direct corelation there. So basically we can account that a biased media will have around a 5 to 10% effect. So IMO next time the Scottish parliament needs to have a 60+% pro Indy majority for it to go through.

The effect that this will also have is that there are less Scottish msps arguing for independence. Allowing the debate to be more focused on Scotland v London.

All just my opinion of course.

I think there’s a wee bit too much anger being directed outward away from the yes camp, rightly so. but we also need to use some of that energy to figure out what was wrong on our side.

A split parliament was one thing that was wrong. IMO.

Beyond that I think holyrood having a completely different ideological direction from westminster would help too. I don’t think a replacing unionist msps with SNP ones will work either. I think the unionist msps need to be replaced with a pro Indy left wing opposition to demonstrate politics in an independent Scotland. Which will take away some of the doubt.

seosamh77
    Free Member

btw regarding “the45” it’s really just a social media thing imo, It’ll be gone soon enough.

konabunny
    Free Member

You can’t smash cultural hegemony through hashtags.

seosamh77
    Free Member

yip.

piemonster

I’m glad I’m not in charge of the Daily Records social media. Not exactly the friendliest interactions.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

at the moment there’s a lot of anger and blame directed outward, which is correct to a point. But, and maybe it’s just a little bit too early at the moment, but there’s needs to be an introspective look as to why it didn’t happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhTvsXw3uVM like this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1,001 through 1,006 (of 1,006 total)

The topic ‘Well scotland didnt get independance, thread’ is closed to new replies.