Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Walking from euston to Liverpool st stations
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to walk from euston to Liverpool st stations? (trundling a little wheelie suitcase!) or recommend a route?

Could get the tube, but I’m spending 7 hrs on trains today and fancied a chance to get some air and exercise

cheers!

nickname
    Free Member

about an hour, or you could get a boris bike 🙂

jhw
    Free Member

v. long, unpleasant walk though, up the Euston Rd/Pentonville/City Rd

Just get the tube (either the Metropolitan, Hammersmith or Circle) from Euston Square straight to Liverpool St. – it takes about 15 minutes – and spend the hour or so that you saved checking out All Souls’ church, Spitalfields, the Ten Bells pub, all 5 minutes from Liverpool St tube. My Old Place at 88 Middlesex St is a v. good Chinese.

allthepies
    Free Member

Boris Bike + 1 as long as you can fit the suitcase in the front “basket”.

Which might be a challenge!

clubber
    Free Member

Not a walk I’d choose – esp if the pavements haven’t all been cleared yet. Take the tube then have a walk around Liverpool st if you really want to get some ‘fresh’ air.

allthepies
    Free Member

Google reckons 2.8 miles and 57 mins walk BTW!

Clicky

Hobster
    Free Member

I’d reckon on between 50 mins and just over hour.

Route wise I’d probably go Euston to Russell Sq, then Southampton Row to Holborn.

From Holborn along Holborn Viaduct to Holborn Circus, past St Pauls and along Cheapside to Bank.

Once at Bank head up Bishopgate to Liverpool St.

If you’re feeling adventurous you could cut through Smithfield to the back of Liverpool St.

nicko74

Nah, you should be able to do that in 45 minutes or so, and the pavements are pretty much empty of snow. But as someone pointed out, it isn’t that pleasant a walk down Pentonville Road and suchlike. Thinking about it tho, you could get the northern line down to Bank and walk from there, perhaps?

woffle
    Free Member

tube or Boris bike. Seriously – I work round the corner from liverpool st and the people in the office have been watching people fall over on the pavements all week.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Pavements are fine – all clear. You could walk straight down Southampton Row, turn left at Holborn, past St. Pauls and Bank, then you’re there. Not that bad a walk really. Any number of minor deviations would allow plenty of interesting places to look at along the way

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Alternatively Russell Square to Holborn then Theobalds Road and Clerkenwell Road to Old St roundabout then across to Liverpool St via Moorgate

wait4me

Gotta be a bus that goes up Moorgate and City Road? Probably more pleasant than the tube. I wouldn’t walk it. Used to work half way up City Road walking from Liverpool Street. Not much to recommend it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wouldn’t walk it either, not with a trundly suitcase. Would be nice to walk into the City and that though, if you were less encumbered with luggage. Trundling a thing with tiny wheels will get tiresome after a short time, what with all the kerbs and that.

The 205 bus goes from Euston to Liverpool St. Or just get the Metropolitan line, if it’s working today.

Pigface
    Free Member

jhw is on the money, lots of interesting bits to look at around Liverpool Street and it is bitter cold down here today.

Sue_W
    Free Member

I love STW, a mine of Information and most of it different 🙂 as I’ve only got an hour, and am navigationally challenged in cities so likely to get slightly lost when faced with more than one road choice, I think I might be pushing it to walk between stations. So tube it is, and I go for a bit of an explore from Liverpool street if I have some time to spare.

Cheers all

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Give my regards to Broad Street.

ononeorange

Miserable walk as above. 205 goes from Euston (out the front near that dire-looking pub in the “bus station”), or 5 minute walk to Euston Square for the Met, H&C or circle lines. Tubes are few and far between today.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Walking from euston to Liverpool st stations’ is closed to new replies.