Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Urge Endur-o-matic
  • StuE
    Free Member

Anyone use one of these, any good? whats the sizing like?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s alright, bit hot though and because your head just sits straight in the shell I think it’s one to try before you buy.

I don’t think I’d get one again, but I like the look of their new All Mountain helmet.

z1ppy

LBS says that the better vented All-M is supposed to be in the shop anytime now… though the European Urge site “contact” suggest March 2012 only a couple of weeks before…

Thread I started

I still mean to get over to a shop (LBS are awaiting stock of both) and try one out but think the Enduro is going to be a sweat fest (for me)

Rickos
    Free Member

Been using mine since March 2010. Super comfy and very light. Recommended.

slowrider
    Free Member

Not for those with massive heads due to limited sizing, good amount of head cover, slightly sweatier than average when riding really slow up hill but once you get a bit of momentum the clever turbine venty things really work well.

Plus you get to look like one of the guys from CHiPS so I’m happy

StuE
    Free Member

On offer at CRC http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58781 not sure what size to go for I measure 56mm which would put me in a S/M

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Ordered one off them last night, let you know when it arrives 🙂

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Tried one on a couple of months back after I needed to replace my broken Met helmet.

Unfortunately the shape wasn’t right for my head, which was a shame as I really wanted one.

Make sure you try one on before you buy.

Vortexracing

Really like mine, they are very light

buttercup
    Free Member

I have been using my since May… I have not had any problem with the hotness complaints. Been to Italy and Spain during september with no problems. The G Wrap is awesome for collecting all that sweat.
    Very light. Although, I have taken off the visor.. not because it bent or broke or did anything stupid, just because I was afraid it would do those previously mentioned things during airline travel and have been too lazy to put it back on.

I have a s/m helmet and a pretty round head. no fitting issues at all with the smallest pads on.
    the longer back has actually saved my arse. I’d definitely buy another if I wanted to drop the cash.

anto164
    Free Member

Hiiiiiighly recommend trying them on. They fit like no-other helmet around. Very unique.

lucien

Got one earlier in the year, wore it, sweated my head off, put it in the cupboard and waiting for some colder weather to come.

Other than that, it’s light and very comfy for my head. I’d usally have a 59cm helmet so L/XL good for me. You do get a couple of sets of pads so you can adjust as well (thick and thin ones).

Try before you buy if you can

gravity-slave
    Free Member

You definitely need to try or be prepared to return as the fit is not that adaptable.

Fit, looks and heat are all very personal things but mine fits like a glove, decent ventilation for the level of protection it offers and I love the CHIPS meets Flash Gordon styling of mine! Not too hot for 2-3 hour rides where I push more on the DH than the climbs in 10-15 degrees, you do feel the heat when it’s over 20 or hammering the climbs – t it is warmer than some, as you can tell from the looks.

It has been perfect, almost forget it’s on and enough protection for hammering the descents – would buy another straight away if I ever need to.

nasher
    Free Member

They are excellent if you are like me, a slap head..

With normal helmets I have to wear a buff underneath to stop getting sunburnt, so I end up getting sweaty instead.

There is not enough “holes/vents” in the urge to burn my head and I get these great little cool spots on my head/skin, if you are lucky to have hair then you may find it sweaty.

I am also a guide in Italy and i use my urge all day including the climbs and i now use this instead of a full face (mostly) on DH days.

Thoroughly recommended.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I love mine, great lid!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Urge Endur-o-matic’ is closed to new replies.