Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Unwanted/Sarcastic Replies To Threads
  • geoffj

FFS don't wander aimlessly onto mleh you may just have a coronary. 🙄

singlespeedstu

rOcKeTdOg – Member

i got arrested earlier so didn't have the time for more

wheels too big or lack of suspension?

odannyboy
    Free Member

sorry but this post title just says "bring it on" really

by and large this forum is fun and enlightening (in many ways)

dont take it to heart, 😆 its all just banter…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

IMO the original poster does not have ownership of a thread, and volunteers to criticism and ridicule as well as serious reply

andy_hamgreen

Good Lord Mr OP aren't the 'Unwanted/Sarcastic Replies to (Dull) Threads' the whole point – that's the reason I come here so I can fnarr fnarr & guffaw (sp?) – then some d1ckh3ad can correct me on my grammur and speling…

singlespeedstu

grammur and speling…

I think you'll find it's garmer and splliing you deckhud.

dyna-ti

IMO the original poster does not have ownership of a thread, and volunteers to criticism and ridicule as well as serious reply

And pray tell,why should that be?

if you want to hear somebodys sarcastic comments,go to a comedy show,too many would be comics on forums ruin it and cause people to leave.
    The forum,your home,your haven, starts to become unpopular,then you get less people joining.
    Forum closes.
    Death of a civilisation,lessons of history

Sandwich

Because….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The forum,your home,your haven, starts to become unpopular,then you get less people joining.

if you can't take the (trivial) heat…

it's been like this for years – and I think some do leave in disgust – but there's still plenty of lively discussion, name calling, and general nonsense which many of us seem to enjoy 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I'm just having a laugh on here, I always assumed everyone else was the same. Actually I'd be very worried if everyone else wasn't doing exactly the same as me because it would mean they…

a) Took themselves way too seriously
    b) Took everyone else way too seriously
    c) Took internet forums way too seriously
    d) Were way thicker than I originally thought.

Since in real life I'd be perfectly happy to say anything I say here but I actually never have to because people don't act as thick in real life with me as they do here, I'm still assuming every one here is either acting dumb for kicks or is just trying to get a response.[1]

[1] Seriously, if you don't fall into either of these categories then please for gods sake turn the internet off, it's not for you.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

… proof positive samuri is a feckless tosspot!

DrDolittle
    Free Member

if you want to hear somebodys sarcastic comments,go to a comedy show,too many would be comics on forums ruin it and cause people to leave.

For sure, there's not much wiggle room for self important humourless ****. That's what we have to put up with at work.

Death of a civilisation,lessons of history

Pretentious shite.

samuri
    Free Member

For sure Simon, because you never bait people you think are easy or thicker than you. 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

, because you never bait people you think are easy or thicker than you

1) there is no else
    2) I am indeed an arrogant ****t
    3) but in my defence I bait everyone indiscriminately :o)

jond
    Free Member

>completely useless post about how you should use google/look harder etc etc. c*nt

For good reason.

The accepted (n)etiquette for many/most forums *is* to search first (forum search/google etc) – the (noob) idea that you just lob in the first question that comes to mind may be treated with anything from sarcasm to outright flaming – or just ignored. In fact, this forum's pretty easy-going in that respect.

The point is to keep the 'signal to noise' ratio down – ie repeated posts of the same old shite don't need to clutter the board. In the same way there's a requirement on the STW classifieds to post items as a group, not singly. Posted singly, all the other posts slide off the bottom of the current page, and you have to go through several pages to cover just a day's ads, for example.

On many forums there are 'stickies' to cover the most common things – if STW had them, probably 'stuck seatpost' might be amongst them !

Oh, and calling someone a c*nt for simply reminding you to use google is a bit bloody rude. Grow up.

thefettler
    Free Member

I lurk/post here because –
    It makes me laugh
    like the British banter
    most of you are asleep when i post
    bike forums in OZ are boring
    UK peeps are easy to wind up 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Oh, and calling someone a c*nt for simply reminding you to use google is a bit bloody rude

actually it doesn't even make sense as an insult as it's one of my favourite body parts…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

actually it doesn't even make sense as an insult as it's one of my favourite body parts…

Well to most blokes, it's their favourite part of the body ………….. not their "favourite body part", you sick psychopath.

…..and actually calling you a **** makes perfect sense to me.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

not their "favourite body part", you sick psychopath

well, obviously I'm not so cued up on specific word order as you ernie, but I agree it has to be attached to the rest of the woman in question… and before you leap to another misapprehension she needs to be willing and fully conscious

Sandwich

and before you leap to another misapprehension she needs to be willing and fully conscious

Rohypnol has that covered! 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I nearly put in "and not drugged"

tazzymtb

not their "favourite body part", you sick psychopath

well, obviously I'm not so cued up on specific word order as you ernie, but I agree it has to be attached to the rest of the woman in question… and before you leap to another misapprehension she needs to be willing and fully conscious

Why? it's very difficult to make a human skin suit if it's still attached to the [/s]Victim! do you think we could start a new STW thread " what tyre choice for serial killers?"

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm sorry, but I'm feeling ill now 🙁

dyna-ti

i ask a perfectly genuine question some smart arse d**k head replies with a completely useless post about how you should use google/look harder etc etc. c*nt

And it doesnt take into account that the poster may very well have goggled the question,but didnt get the answer he was after 😕
    Put it in a real life situation-You ask someone the time,and he answers with 'get your own frigging watch'
    What might happen?
    The cheeky bloke might end up nursing a sore mouth.

Keyboard warriors,nothing more

tazzymtb

"Keyboard warriors" That is an ace phrase!…permision to plagarise and use in all sorts of situations 😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Put it in a real life situation-You ask someone the time,and he answers with 'get your own frigging watch'

the situations are not equivalent, unless they are asking you the time in a shop full of accurate running clocks and watches…

iDave
    Free Member

You ask someone the time,

surely 'yur bike iz saricin' is a suitable reply?

Pook

I think you'll find it's garmer and splliing you deckhud.

didn't know you were suth ifrican?

hora
    Free Member

I agree with the OP. It happens when people have been 'members' of a forum for a longtime and see similar questions pop up.

On a certain car forum I asked questions that have been asked before (hard to search unless you know how to work the search facility) and instead of sarcasm I received patient and helpful advise from old hands. This is just one example but still I dont get the negative attitude on here sometimes. Sure we all like abit of moshpit but not too much 🙂

tazzymtb

but, in a moshpit you actually get to smash the face in of people who annoy you,at least you used to be able to, haven't been in a decent pit for years, kids these days just aren't preprared to loose teeth over a good band! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I remember falling over onto the floor in a moshpit was a potentially scary affair.

waihiboy
    Free Member

i know what you mean, theres been a good few shitty comments on here in the last year, never used to be this bad seems to have gto worse sinc the forum changed

what cracks me up are the pricks who reply to a thread that they have no interest in but still post and slag the OP.

thats the internet for you i guess… its easy to slag and shout from behind your keyboard!

zaskar
    Free Member

Stick to the bike side of the forum instead of the chat side of the forum.

Some nice folk on here with fantastic advice.

As well as the nobby no friends trying to miff you off as they are bored and need entertaining-ignore them-less replies and eventually they go elsewhere.

Just relax and ignore them.

Spend less time on forums and ride more!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I agree with the OP………On a certain car forum I asked questions that have been asked before and instead of sarcasm I received patient and helpful advise from old hands. This is just one example but still I dont get the negative attitude on here sometimes.

That is nonsense hora. You can ask the silliest question you can think of on here, and you will still get a serious answer. As an example, this question posted 2 days ago, was quite the silliest question I have ever seen posted on here, indeed the OP himself described it as "silly question of the day".

And yet, it still received serious answers, despite the fact that googling the word "tunisia" would have given the answer in 0.16 seconds – considerably quicker than posting a new thread.

Silly question of the day "Is Tunisia part of Europe?"

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is the best thread ever

waihiboy
    Free Member

Silly question of the day "Is Tunisia part of Europe?"

yes that was my post…..

tongue in cheek but still got the actual answer 😉

EDIT- and ironically one prick did reply to the above post but i just laughed at him.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Ah, but Ernie, that google would not have told waihiboy what he actually wanted to know. Perhaps google is less useful if you don't know what you want to know 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

one prick did reply to the above post but i just laughed at him.

Yes I had noticed that you had laughed at me 8)

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Unwanted/Sarcastic Replies To Threads’ is closed to new replies.