Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • tyres for road and trails
  • sakimoto333
    Free Member

hi there, takin a bike abroad, to ride on tarmac and dusty/sandy off road tracks.

lookin for some suitable tyres, not too wide, which will be suitable?

cheers for any suggestions!!

si.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

For a lot of road with a little bit of trail
    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20travel%20contact.shtml

Jeffus
    Free Member

Kenda Small block 8’s are pretty good

angryratio
    Free Member

it would depend on what the tyre needs to do in each environment.
    Does it need to be very fast rolling on tarmac exclusively? Does it need to offer good puncture resistance?

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Crossmark perhaps.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

+1 for the Continental Travel Contacts.

got a 26″ pair, very good condition may sell.

parkesie
    Free Member

shwalbe black jack

Clobber
    Free Member

schwalbe landrangers?

seosamh77
    Free Member

i’ve got swalbe landrangers on my bike just now as a compromise, it’s for commuting and offroad, i’ve rode it with these in the snow and alsorts of mud this year fine, you slide about a bit and you are slower on the dh but you learn to compensate for that, you lose a bit of grip, but i’ve found them reasonable enough, definite comprimise though.

I’ve also had the continental travel contact mentioned above, they are decent enough on the road, but pretty sketchy on wet and loose stuff especially roots, on easy dusty stuff you’ll get by on them though, i gave myself a sore yin with them on earlier in the year though on some roots, no grip and over the handle bars i went….

Northwind

I’d recommend the Small Blocks too- reasonably light, very fast, they last forever and they grip on dry dirt like velcro. There’s a reason they won every summer tyre test they were entered in last year.

sakimoto333
    Free Member

cheers all for the info.

riding will be in thailand so very dry at this time of year. quite sandy dirt tracks and as before tarmac.

thanks. now just to get rid of this god damn flu… happy ny.

iainc

I have just ordered some Schwalbe Land Cruisers from Wiggle – £18 for the pair !

Simlarish need – family ride bike, mainly toodles around with Trailgator on back or out riding with 8 yr old on tame stuff. They are to replace a pair of WTB Allterranosaurus that I have never liked

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘tyres for road and trails’ is closed to new replies.