Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Todays Ride. Video Content.
  • will
    Free Member

Had a brilliant plan for a ride today, do the Jacob’s ladder ride, then over to cavedale…All good, in theory

So rode up Jacob’s, then halfway down the other side…4 snake bites. Had 6 patches and 2 spare tubes, so though I’d be fine. But no 😆 patches seemed to work, but i had 3 snake bites in the front, so that took 6 patches… then just bunged new tubes in both front and back, and was off, this time thinking that continuing with our ride would not be a good idea, so came back up to top of Jacobs, then back down, then after the gate, got another snake bite, long walk back to the car. Noticed loads of bikers out today, not sure i recognised any bikes though. Having said all that, was a great ride!

Anyway, video is here. My favourite video i made so far 😆

Anybody else had a good ride today?

Bunnyhop

Bad luck there.

It’s great though for someone like me to see how it should be ridden. I’ve never cleaned it either way. Either fallen off, or just got the fear.

Good ride for me, blue skies, dusty dry trails, great company and tea and bisuits in the garden after.

will
    Free Member

Cheers mate 😆 i am yet to clean it up, but down is easy, an aim for this year is to try and clean the whole section 🙄

Bunnyhop

I heard from crazy-legs, that Nick Craig is the only person he knows of to clean the whole climb.
    Good luck.

will
    Free Member

I only know of one person to ever do it, not sure of his name mind.

Willie-hangon
    Free Member

Nick Craig has not cleaned Jacobs ladder. A local mountainbiker a guy from chinley cleaned it on two seperate rides on a cannondale V500. Shortly after this one of the mountainbike mags ran a feature on Nick Craig and Jacobs and the mag suggested Nick had cleaned it. He may have possiably got up the top part, but the hill had been ridden three weeks before from the gate at the very bottom none stop through the middle gate and right out of the top.

vdubber67
    Free Member

How come you didn’t film the ‘steppy’ bit right at the top?

thepodge
    Free Member

just been snooping, you have almost the same commute i used to when i lived up that way. hunters bar to the uni eng building

will
    Free Member

Yeh, we met a bloke last summer who said his son has done the climb, possibly same guy! Would be one of the greatest achievements in my life, 😆 getting to the top.
    Which Steppy bit? I filmed from the gate at the top, to well, the bottom.

Great commute isn’t it Podge 😆

matt_outandabout

pssst, maybe it’s because I know that area, but from your videos I now know your house….fwiw, I would remove the old ‘closing the front door and loading car in my street’ bits…

will
    Free Member

Yeh…i did think about that, but it’s not my real house, and tbh i’m moving out in 2 weeks 😆

jackthedog
    Free Member

Will – I don’t suppose you were one of the chaps we parked next to at the start of the day? I think I complimented you or your mate on your brilliant taste in bikes.

jimmy

who was the other old school racer, rode for Schwinn back in the day… He cleaned Jacobs going up, I believe.

will
    Free Member

Jack – Yeh, that was me mate 😆 It was my mate on the VT. Hope you had a good ride, needless to say, ours didn’t go to plan 🙄

I’d love to see somebody clean teh whole section, was thinking as well, would you be better on a big travel full bouncer, with more traction from big tyres, suspension etc… or a light weight xc full susser. Need to work out which bike to take, when i give it a go 😆

jackthedog
    Free Member

We went the opposite way to you and assumed we’d bump into you about half way round at some point. Now we know why we didn’t 😕

Good vid anyroad, my favourite RATM song that. And I suppose you could have picked a worse day to have a million pinch flats – last time we were up Jacobs it was hailing horizontally…

jackthedog
    Free Member

On the subject of What Bike For Cleaning Jacobs, I’d suggest a 20″ wheeled trials bike and a camelbak full of steroids.

Bloody impossible climb is that.

will
    Free Member

We also assumed that we would meet you half way around 😆 Think it is better the way we rode it, having always rode that ride your way, i recently thought about trying it the other way, think it is much more fun, well until you get snake bites 🙄

High_Peak_All_Whyte
    Free Member

i believe scott rowland is the person in question, as for the nick craig clean, that was manifested as the climb had being cleared for him before hand.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Todays Ride. Video Content.’ is closed to new replies.