Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Thing Prequel trailer is out
  • kimbers

and i feel they mightve even done the 80s masterpiece some justice, i even heard some carpenteresque synth in there 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfwbiNEIdTE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

One of my all time “scared the bejesus out of me shouldn’t have watched it as a child films”! Loved it!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Woooo will probably be a massive let down but I can’t wait, I think I was eight or nine when I watched the first one, no wonder I’m so messed up 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Does look good!

wrightyson
    Free Member

That fookin dog/hound thing with all the heads 😯

nockmeister
    Free Member

brilliant..has the original carpenter background score too!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

can I just say “not as good as the original original” in a patronising, condescending and annoying voice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044121/

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pffft, not happy. Lay in bed and if I fire up that trailer on the old Jesus phone mrs w is gonna get the lip on!! Have to wait till morning!!! 😐

kimbers

to be fair the new version has to go a long way to top this
    (warning its a bit messy)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevQS4qgE_Q[/video]

allthepies
    Free Member

linking fail

xherbivorex
    Free Member

as kevevs said, the carpenter one was a remake itself anyway. not that that takes anything away from it; he made a great film out of it.
    not sure about this prequel thingy though.

and just as disturbing; the long awaited EVIL DEAD 4 is actually going to be a remake of evil dead… ugh. why?! nowt wrong with the original version, ffs!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It looked quite similar to the 2nd original Carpenter one to me??

Kevevs
    Free Member

but evil dead 2 is loads better than evil dead 1, just to confuse things.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s.just a.remake.innit?

loddrik
    Free Member

Been following this closely since it was announced a couple of years ago as the thing is one of my favourite ever films. Gotta say I’m a little dissaponted. Monster in ice, worried dogs, flame throwers, it just looks like a remake to me, albeit with a couple of women thrown in for eye candy, and what a cop out that is.

This film cannot hope to have anything like the same impact as carpenters film, and I really do hope the cgi doesn’t ruin things. It’s a shame as they could have done something more original. I’ll watch it but I know it’ll be disappointing. Though tbh it’s probably not aimed at people like me, rather the teenagers in multiplexes who went to see the remake of the Texas chainsaw massacre, nightmare on elm st, Dawn of the dead and all the other crap remakes stuffed full of attractive ‘teen’ actors.

I wonder who’ll make a more convincing lead, a grizzled Kurt Russell with that beard, or the bird who played the love interest in Scott pilgrim, hmmmm……

bigbloke
    Free Member

Looking forward to this. The Thing is one of my fave films i watched as a teen in the 80’s, the others being American Werewolf and The Fog.

Good era for scary movies back then, nowadays its a little too much in your face special effects CGI stuff with little atmosphere.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Thing Prequel trailer is out’ is closed to new replies.