Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Moray Monster Trails? snow?
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

anyone tried to get up the monster trails this week? i was thinking of trying to head up but if its knee deep in snow i wont bother.

cheers
    joe x

jojoA1
    Free Member

Roseisle

Not knee deep, but there’s plenty of slushy snow making it quite unpleasant. Did a wee spin through Roseisle Forest near Burghead today and a ride that normally takes an hour each way took two hours one way after which we bailed by getting a lift.
    I would imagine that the trails at Fochabers will be more snowy as they are sheltered and higher up.

I’d leave it a few more days to thaw.

debaser

Friend was riding the ring trail at fochabers a couple of days ago. Said it was okay under tree cover but really hard going elsewhere. Probably iced up a bit since then too.

Was out walking dogs through roseisle forest to the beach earlier today. Saw a few sets of tyre tracks… looked like hard work.

househusband

Is it absolute, unassailable, and undeniable (sad) FACT that Gully Monster is no more – that it got washded away in teh biblical floods last year?

Awesome bit of trail.

jojoA1
    Free Member

It still exists HH, but maybe not for much longer. The FC trail Nazis have it in their sights. 🙁

Debaser. It was. Very! Good workout though and made the cake at the Blue Angel all the more tasty 🙂

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

cheers guys. snowboard it is then 🙂

ando227
    Free Member

the gully monster is still there, but there is a diversion around the landslip…..although i have ridden the landslip before they fenced it off.

devs
    Free Member

The landslip diversion is probably best avoided in this weather as it was the gnarliest bit of trail!
    As for the OP, I would give it a few days although I may try it on Friday as a kind of Puffer practice.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

Anyone try today? DI’d a drive by today and from the car park it looked ok? Might try Sunday?

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

Anyone try today?

ftr1873
    Free Member

Rode the Ordiequish trails 2 days ago, they were fine in the majority of places, a little bit icy on some access road parts but singletrack was good. Some slippy mud as I found out though!!

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

Awesome. Were going tomorrow for sure.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

A bit muddy in places and the freeride bit needs a bit of work. Apart from that we had a really good ride. Cheers x x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Moray Monster Trails? snow?’ is closed to new replies.