Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • The current "Summer was that it?" poll!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And to those of you saying it's wet, or a normal summer –

The first six months of this year were Britain’s driest January to June since 1929, with just 356.8mm average rainfall across the country, down on the long-term average of 511.7mm.

You're wrong, basically. 😛

thepurist

I had to go out in the heat of the mid-day sun yesterday to test it – hopefully the sweat that dripped off me will do something to firm up the parched, dusty ground. I'm looking forward to riding in the peak district this weekend so i can remind myself what a puddle looks like.

ourmaninthenorth

I'm looking forward to riding in the peak district this weekend so i can remind myself what a puddle looks like.

The way it's been raining over the last couple of days, best bring a snorkel.

Drac

United Utilities put a hosepipe ban into place for the the North West on the 2nd July.
    Its pissed down every day since here.

Good call than. You'd look a rightb fool standing in the rain watering the plants.

The spell of bad weather is over. Blue skies here agai today after almost 18 hours of the odd heavy shower yesterday.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I rode in the pi$$ing rain Last Wed night and on sunday and still enjoyed myself 🙂 Who cares 🙂

cookeaa

I think Weather follows the mood of the locals, Down south everything is grand because we have a generally sunnier disposition and are better able to ignore the knackered economy and Dave & Co’s Cutback bonanza.

Up North the weather is miserable because that’s the way the Natives like it, they ain’t happy unless they’re able to whinge about something (or indeed everything)…

Discuss…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd go along with that.

Either that or it's something to do with geograpghy and meteorology….Who can say?

cookeaa

We all know Weather affects mood (the oft mentioned SADS), I propose a new theory: that it is in fact a circular relationship, and that mood can in turn affects Weather patterns, Now can Science conclusively prove or disprove my theory?

If it can't then I'm calling my theory a FACT! and I'll be whipping up a storm of ill informed contovesy based on it…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Seems reasonable. They're all miserable up North, so their weather must be their own fault.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

One bonus – the surf has been OUTSTANDING for July!

Almost non stop swell – rare for the Summer.

BoardinBob

Ah well, the couple of weeks of sunshine in June were nice but it has pissed down all day today and has been pretty much the same since the start of July.

So bad I just ordered a set of Swampthings from Next Day Tyres 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Lovely and sunny up here today – AND we don't have to live in the crappy south – bonus!!

alwyn
    Free Member

Scotland has two seasons, june and winter.

iainc

aye, Trailrakers going back on here in Glasgow – had the 'summer tyres' on for nearly 6 weeks 🙄

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's a bit showery and slippy in the SW. Not soggy or boggy though.

U31
    Free Member

All seasons in one day up at Crag quarry this morning..

xcstu
    Free Member

Moved down from up North a few years ago to Surrey and must say the summers have be way better down here.. especially this year 🙂

happy days for cycling and the cycle sun tan 🙂

cheers_drive

July has been a bit iffy in Bristol but still better than the previous 3 years and it had been dry for a few months before that so I'd say pretty good so far.
    I grew up in East Anglia so I was used to dry summers and hose pipe bans but the lack of hills and the fact that I didn't fancy my cousin meant I couldn't stay.

Sandwich

Bits of the flatlands round these parts are becoming unrideable due to deep sand. A decent spell of overnight wet wouldn't go amiss.

ahwiles
    Free Member

april* showers for the last 3 weeks here in Sheffield, the trails are just slippy enough to be fun, just grippy enough to be, er… grippy? – it's ace! – riding every day – i'm knackered!

(*well we didn't get them in april)

grumm
    Free Member

God it's grim up north…

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘The current "Summer was that it?" poll!’ is closed to new replies.