Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • tell me about your rides that never get started
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Went out this afternoon fortunately only a 15 min drive , mate unpacks his bike, only to find his chain is broken in two places , 20 mins of fixing then we ride 1 mile down the road for his mech and hanger to snap off completely. So end of ride , what a waste of my precious weekend.

So what have been your none starters

RealMan
    Free Member

Couldn't you have just riden on your own?

How do you not notice your chain is broken in two places..

scaredypants

chain broken in 2 places and then smashed mech

you're lucky you abandoned before the lightning struck

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Rear mech hanger went 1/4 of the way up cwmcarn so i went back to the car and let my mate have a decent ride. He had so much fun he hit a rock, over the bars and pringled his front wheel. Ha karma.
    I'd have told him i'd see him back at the car. If he was a good mate he'd understand. Surely?

IHN

Drove 700 miles to do the Bealach Beag in the highlands, when I got there I realised I'd lost the QR nut from my front wheel. Drove 700 miles back.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

couldnt really leave him as we were in my car and he is a mate of a mate and this was our first ride together, or not as the case my be. The chain had two sections with one side of the chain link broken!

crispybacon
    Free Member

not me personally but a guy turned up for an organised ride after travelling 60 miles to get to the start only to discover his front wheel was still at home in the garage 😕

We still had a good ride tho without him……. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

drove 15 miles to local XC today did 1 lap and my legs went into revolt after yesterdays triathlon – spent the race taking photos of others

once went to a dh race at dunkeld – i stuck my front wheel in the car – my mate took it out so he could get his bag in and didnt put it back in …needless to say his front wheel became my front wheel for that stupidity !

takisawa2

Met a work colleague for a night ride once. Realised I'd forgotten my shoes. The decision to de-camp to the pub was an easy one that night. 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Drove 700 miles to do the Bealach Beag in the highlands, when I got there I realised I'd lost the QR nut from my front wheel. Drove 700 miles back.

😯

mingsta
    Free Member

Meant to get up early today and do a fifty miler on the road bike. But just as I was about to hit the sack at 1, I caught the start of City of God and ended up watching the whole film and staying up till 3.30, totally **** up the next day.

For my punishment, I've just done 50 miles on the turbo trainer, which was a horrible experience.

Bregante

I had the morning off work a few months back and decided to have a quick trip to Gisburn. I'd never been before but had a rough idea where it was (or so I thought). By the time I found it I wouldn't have had time to do a loop because I had a meeting in Manchester that afternoon, so decided to cut my losses by nipping to do a few loops round Lee Quarry on my way back. Got there to find I'd left my bleeding shoes at home!!!

And when I got in to work. The meeting had been cancelled!!!

Bregante

oh and another time, three of us drove to Machynlleth to find they were tree felling and 90% of the singletrack was shut. Went to Brenin instead and I blew a hole in my sidewall, mate snapped his seatpost and the third ripped a huge hole in his shin after his flat pedal went up the inside of his shin guard.

that was a day to forget

M6TTF
    Free Member

Drove 30 mins to mates house, picked him up and another 15 mins in the car. Parked up and got the bikes out and ready to go. His freehub just span as we peddled off – completely shagged and yet it was fine the week before. Packed up and went home

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘tell me about your rides that never get started’ is closed to new replies.