Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Talk to me about air rifles
  • Harry_the_Spider

Had a Road to Damascus moment plinking away at targets today and fancy getting a rifle for me and the kids to shoot at targets in the back garden.

How much for something half decent? What should I avoid?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Chinese stuff ropey but works. CO2 expensive to run. Nice old BSA or Webley springer a safe bet.

RustySpanner

Weihrauch 30S is light, well made, has a really good trigger and is lovely to shoot.
    Not full power but fine for targets.
    About £175 new.
    Not flashy, should last for ever.
    They do a HW30 (no S) which has a cheaper trigger, not worth the few quid saving, imo.

Avoid anything Chinese.
    BSA and Webley not what they were.

allthegear
    Free Member

I definitely don’t remember having one as a kid and sitting in the back garden, shooting out the landing lights at Leeds Brad ford Airport. That definitely never took place.

Rachel

SaxonRider

Watching thread with interest…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve still got my old BSA Airsporter, bought new from a sports shop in Durham in 1969 for about £30 & brought home in a box on the bus.
    I’m embarrassed to say that I used to shoot everything on sight when I was 13. 🙄 😥

vongassit
    Free Member

Long time Weihrauch fan here , Have had HW80, HW77, HW100TK. So good , would not have anything else.

I , like Essel am also pretty ashamed of my younger selfs behaviour 😐

P-Jay
    Free Member

Welllll shit-fire seems you can get .50 cal air rifles, why?who knows, but you can.

revs1972
    Free Member

Welllll shit-fire seems you can get .50 cal air rifles, why?who knows, but you can.

The ‘mercans need em to sort out them hogs

woffle
    Free Member

The majority of my local club – HFT and bench-rest – seem to have Air Arms rifles, which are designed and made in the UK. My two girls (10+12 years old) use the Air Arms S400 Superlight and I have a Weihrauch HW100. TBH I’d be hard-pressed to find a difference in terms of accuracy but the HW100 has a multiple shot magazine. Also seems like .177 rather than .22 calibre unless you’re going for vermin.

Air Arms rifles.

oh, BSA make a kid-specific rifle – the BSA Ultra JSR. Is highly regarded and you can change the stock for an ‘adult’ one when they grow out of it. Not cheap though,

BSA Ultra JSR

redthunder
    Free Member

Logun Solo here….so quiet 😉

Cant miss with it. Practice on wooden golf tees, working down the shaft pelet by pelet.

At 25 yards.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about air rifles’ is closed to new replies.