Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Superstar chainrings
  • banjowhacker
    Free Member

Has anybody bought a set of these? If so, how have they lasted? Seem like cracking value if they're not made of cheese.

lakesrider
    Free Member

bump! i'm wondering about these too 😀

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Bought some last year, excellent shifting while they last, but thats the problem! Middle ring lasted about 3 months before major chain suck!

rolfharris
    Free Member

Anything from Superstar is evil, fact.

Again, on the godawful chainset I ahd the rings were shagged in 3 months. Total waste of time, and when they do die prematurely don't expect a refund or decent customer service.

Northwind

They're all-aluminium rings, they're never going to last, if you buy them expecting durability then frankly it's your lookout, not their fault. And they're very cheap. But I still wouldn't

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

but how long they last will depend on the alloy used, the heat treatment used, the thickness of the sheet used and any coating. Ive had far more than 3 months out of raceface and shimano middle rings for instance. Conversely I once had a Sugino chainset where the middle ring practically dissolved.

Buy cheap buy twice. Isn't that s****star's tagline?

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Hmm… Middleburn look the best value for money then, it would seem (quite a bit cheaper for a full set than Shimano on CRC).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Superstar chainrings’ is closed to new replies.